PSNP now has to do this to keep being #1 Trophy website...

Been a member of this site for forever (not sure how long but it's been a very long time).... I'm 99% sure I've never even looked at the leaderboards...

That... and i'm pretty sure PSNP has never been #1 trophy site (I prefer the layout here - hense why I'm here) but user generated content/guides/etc is much more active elsewhere - so I have to go to those sites when this one doesn't work... But not #1 for sure.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I hope the mods pay attention, and see that, once again, the same people are trying to bait others into personal attacks to close a thread.

Actual forum moderation is hard. At this place, topics just get closed and the trolls always win. The chances of that changing are even slimmer than a rarity leaderboard happening ;)

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

2 hours ago, ZedsDeadStevo said:

I love opening the page up, dipping into the forums, checking out what people are playing, finding inspiration for other games and checking out the boosting sessions. But on display at the top is the new releases and it's just so depressing to see six of the same Microsoft Paint trophy tiles - and these change daily. Decent games are getting brushed aside on this page (which is a lot of influence if I should buy a game) and on the storefront. 

While I don't think anyone should be banned for it, something needs to happen - but something needs to happen at Sony itself - letting these games release on your platform is embarrassing and that's where it needs change.

45 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

I really would love to just ignore these spamfuck scumboi games, but the fact I can't see any new actual games on the homepage anymore because the new games section is littered with these, it makes discovering new games near impossible. New games made by people with passion will just get lost to the nether now. It's an epidemic that I struggle to see how some people still defend. 

I second this as what 'grinds' my gears most as well, the home page of PSNP is a cesspool of $1 bullshit stacks you can't find something new or under the radar that you missed otherwise, see another maybe older title that is 'reasonably' popular or has a resurgence to jump in and complete with other etc. It's all buried under a mountain of pure bullshit.

The closest analogy I have is PSNP, and also to a degree Steam, and the bottom half of any sales segment on PSN are akin to ad-bomb on sketchy sites or news comment segments.

The 'doctors hate them...' or 'hot singles in you area' ads have more effort behind them than some of these piles some people call 'games'...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dauersack said:

We do not need to ban or exclude anyone, even cheaters, quintuple stackers and the likes, we just need to split the one leaderboard into several leaderboards and only make people appear on the one leaderboard that reflects their playstyle. Cheated/hacked a game? Well now you are on the free for all leaderboard with all the other cheaters to fight for the top cheater spot. Rarity above 60 or 70%? Now you are on the ezpz leaderboard competing with the jumping food and animal stroking addicts. Kept a healthy balance? Welcome to the default leaderboard. You pretty much only play ultra rare and very rare? There is a leaderboard for you.

Easy to make a few leaderboards and only ever allow a player to appear on one based on a few profile stats. Sure this would not solve all problems, but quite a few. Some online games have applied similar concepts of letting cheaters compete against other cheaters, p2win whales against other p2win whales, keeping the normal userbase healthy by seperating the others and giving them their own space. Not that anything of the sorts would ever happen here though, or really anything at all for that matter with the only one able to implement it seemingly being inactive and not giving a crap anymore.

I am also more annoyed by these garbage games making up the majority of this sites new releases than I am over the leaderboard being devalued.

Exactly this! Creating different pools of players would (partly) solve this issue. I don't want to be in the same pool as cheaters/boosters.

You're talking about leaderboard, but I was thinking more of a special badge displayed on the player's profile, or something that would show the user that this profile is "a cheater or, an EZPZ player OR a regular player OR a "hardcore" player" etc.

3 hours ago, iriihutoR84 said:

It's fine that the current leaderboard is the main leaderboard but PSNP should also offer alternative leaderboards for those who want to compete without resorting to non-games. You straight up cannot be competitive on the current leaderboard with 50+ hold-a-button games releasing every week. The current leaderboard is useless for anyone who doesn't buy the 16 weekly stacks of jumping food + turbo, 16 stacks of car moving left to right + Nitro, 8 stacks of Animal + Letter, 8 stacks of "quiz" games, 2 stroke the animal games etc. There are more but that's 50 games and you cannot compete with that through playing actual games.

This site needs (a) leaderboard(s) for those interested in the competitive aspect of gaming and trophy hunting because it does not have one. The top people on the current leaderboard do not get most of their points from actual games but from hold-a-button apps

I think two new leaderboards would be good. One that straight up counts trophies with over for example 80% site completion percentage as zero and another one which highly rewards rare trophies by giving more points for increasingly rare games. Neither may be a perfect solution and both can to a degree be manipulated but there needs to be something when the current leaderboard is dominated by non-games.

This site currently does not cater to gamers who want to enjoy the competitive aspect of trophy hunting because there is no leaderboard where you won't get destroyed by people paying pay-to-plat games. There has to be one. It does not need to replace the current leaderboard but at least complement it.

This!

I'm glad to see that finally some people understand and agree with my ideas :)

I don't look at leaderboards, but it is true that it has a role to play in this wild goose chase to the top.

Adding different leaderboards would be a great addition, even though I personally won't be looking at them, but I see many good players who would benefit from them.

I think some people here - who happen to be "this" kind of players - got hurt when I suggested adding different pools of players (reflected in badges, leaderboards and so on) because they wouldn't be in the top X anymore, and their ranking would be meaningless. Sorry guys.

1 minute ago, El Duderino said:

This must be the most preposterous bullshit I've read in a while. Our hobby is dying because of some cheap trophy games? Are you shitting me? You can easily ignore these crap games and continue like before. Nothing is being taken away from you. You know what actual problems are? Loot boxes, battle passes, seasons passes, incomplete games, broken games, discrimination, data theft, and the overall problem of treating developers like human garbage.

But yeah, the compromising of digital dick-waving is certainly more of an issue than real-life issue.

Absolutely disgusting.

gameofthrones-vomitqxi2j.gif

Great nickname, great sophism.

I think the question that needs to be asked is: “ Am I gaming for myself or others?” If you play games for your enjoyment and like the trophies as an added touch, I think that is healthy. I even think challenging yourself based on trophy difficulty is healthy as long as you enjoy the game. I don’t think playing something that you don’t enjoy for the sake of reputation or to prove a point is good for you or others. I was a gamer before I became a trophy hunter. We all should remember why we started doing this stuff in the first place. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

I was thinking more of a special badge displayed on the player's profile, or something that would show the user that this profile is "a cheater or, an EZPZ player OR a regular player OR a "hardcore" player" etc.

Let me assure you, there are examples of "Special Badges" being forced onto people against their will, to identify their "negative traits" to the more "pure" members of that community throughout history...

...and NONE of those examples have been anything to emulate or aspire to.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Let me assure you, there are examples of "Special Badges" being forced onto people against their will, to identify their "negative traits" to the more "pure" members of that community throughout history...

I agree, this is going too far. Part of belonging in a community is the implicit promise of not being ostracized for engaging in the hobby to some degree.

Edited by VoidVictorious
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, ThE_mAnIaC_417 said:

'm more worried about how flooded the PS Store is than by the trophies

I agree with you why I think games like this turn the leaderboard into trash, I can live without a leaderboard.  I'm more concerned about what Sony may end up doing someday to counter these garbage releases.  I think there is a possibility the trophy system goes away all together if this shovelware doesn't stop.   They have already been forced into some action because of the store.  If you look how the easy game wave has evolved.  Ratalaka games which are actual games, just made too easy. next we had the breakthrough games and why they were out of hand it wasn't jumping game level.  Now we have the stroking games and the jumping games and they have completely taken advantage of the situation with 10 to 20 releases some days.  This could in the end provoke sony into taking some drastic action.  Now one would hope they find a way to shut these games down, if they can.  If not they could always shut them down by shutting the trophies down.  People have to realize 99% of gamers don't care about trophies.  If these games become a nuisance or hurt sony's image its not beyond possibility they take this drastic course of action.

Which is another reason people shouldn't support trash games, really the main reason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VoidVictorious said:

I think the question that needs to be asked is: “ Am I gaming for myself or others?” If you play games for your enjoyment and like the trophies as an added touch, I think that is healthy. I even think challenging yourself based on trophy difficulty is healthy as long as you enjoy the game. I don’t think playing something that you don’t enjoy for the sake of reputation or to prove a point is good for you or others. I was a gamer before I became a trophy hunter. We all should remember why we started doing this stuff in the first place. 

I game mostly for myself, but let's face it, trophy hunting is a shared hobby, and we are all registered on a trophy hunter website, so yes, most of us like to see other players' profil, compare our profile with others and such. There's inherent competition in trophy hunting, at least when you are registered on such websites.

I don't mind a minority of boosters/cheaters, as long as they are a minority and I'm part of the majority of normal players, but when that minority becomes too big/present, it is an issue.

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

This is the worst Godwin sophism I have ever seen.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Leave out the insults

11 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

et me assure you, there are examples of "Special Badges" being forced onto people against their will, to identify their "negative traits" to the more "pure" members of that community throughout history...

why i don't think we need special badges this statement is a bit on the far out side of things.  Everybody thinks they gotta make some Nazi reference to everything these days.  Dude its a gaming badge like the stupid badges they give you for getting a lot of trophies.  No need to liken it to the holocaust. Which is exactly what you are referring.  Thats in insult to the people of that time.   it has no relevance here. 

• Like 3

Just now, steel6burgh said:

why i don't think we need special badges this statement is a bit on the far out side of things.  Everybody thinks they gotta make some Nazi reference to everything these days.  Dude its a gaming badge like the stupid badges they give you for getting a lot of trophies.  No need to liken it to the holocaust. Which is exactly what you are referring.  Thats in insult to the people of that time.   it has no relevance here. 

Absolutely, these kind of comments are at best stupid, and at worst completely dangerous and disrespectful to victims of that era.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

He was definitely alluding to it, but I don’t believe labeling or classifying others helps this issue. We either have to be a community or split. You can’t have both at once.

Just now, steel6burgh said:

I didn’t actually - I very deliberately left any actual comparisons out…

you drew that comparison. 

Which sort of confirms that you think it’s at least somewhat comparable, given that you came to that conclusion.

Also there’s a massive difference between my voluntarily displaying a badge from a community event I chose to participate in…

…and a scarlet letter applied by someone else, against my will, identifying me of “less pure trophy hunting stock” because I’ve played a Ratalaika game.

• Like 4

Spoiler

honestly i love the idea with implementation via a certain sort of gamescore or different leaderboard all together. Its think the kind of hyperbolic reaction from few other trophyhunters on this thread on even an idea of a new leaderboard where its just in a discussion process and not full blown implement is ridiculous.Not everyone enjoy a leaderboard with players filled up with 1000's of  10-min crap plat. The man just raised his concern and gave his opinion. GEEZ!

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Which sort of confirms that you think it’s at least somewhat comparable, given that you came to that conclusion.

Also there’s a massive difference between my voluntarily displaying a badge from a community event I chose to participate in…

…and a scarlet letter applied by someone else, against my will, identifying me of “less pure trophy hunting stock” because I’ve played a Ratalaika game.

I also have 1-2 easy 10min plats
so for the new leaderboard what can be done is 
those who want to part of it will simply hide their rata plats and then get listed 
as simple as that

those who dont wont need to hide it

win-win situation for everyone 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

A complete moron could make the determination to the type of thing you were referencing whether you made the direct comparison or not.  No this is not comparable, he is talking about having a badge of honor for an accomplishment like a biddy league baseball trophy or a medal of honor or any other type of badge of honor for recognition.  You are talking about a very dark period of time where people were marked,  dragged away from their families and gassed.  It's overdramatic and completely not relevant to this.

I agree though we don't need badges we just need shovelware to go away.  A badge isn't going to solve the problem.

• Like 3

Just now, boorish_brute said:

You want to make people feel bad for playing shovelware games just because they don't comply with your arbitrary definition of games worthy of having a trophy list. At the end of the day you just want validation from this community that you are one of the "better" players.

I want to create a different pool of players. The vast majority of players agree to say that these apps (Pizza Turbo, Stroke the X) are not games (they do not meet the definition of what a game is, by the way).

I'm not talking about "easy" games like Hanna Montana, The Walking Dead... these are indeed easy but at least they ARE games.

I'm talking about such apps, as seen on Google Play : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bggame.achevmentbooster&hl=en&gl=US

9ZIVPNW.jpg

Edited by bosstristan
  • Like 1