PSNP now has to do this to keep being #1 Trophy website...

@bosstristan 

give it up

the majority of posters in here don’t agree with u

additionally.. even if EVERYONE agreed with u.. Sly doesn’t do ANYTHING to improve the site. The last time he did anything was back in 2020 when the trophy level numbers changed for the PS5 release

there are many good ideas that have been suggested over the years in the feedback forum, and yet fuck all is done about it

at this point the feedback forum itself should just be locked altogether. It serves no purpose 

Edited by MonaSaxPayne
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

I want to create a different pool of players. The vast majority of players agree to say that these app (Pizza Yrubo, Stroke the X) are not games (they do not meet the definition of what a game is, by the way). I'm not talking about "easy" games like Hanna Montana, The Walking Dead... these are indeed easy but at least they ARE games.

Aren't there several challenge threads on this site which serves the purpose? It's also an obvious inference from the language you have been using towards how people who choose to enjoy their trophy hunting differently. Suggesting that they should have a derogatory badge or even outright banning them in your past edited comments. It's been unnecessarily hostile.

1 hour ago, KondeBra said:

You guys should use https://psnprofiles.com/leaderboard/rarity then.

Nothing wrong with having an official working version of this either. If this site still supports development and enough people can fund it, then go for it.

4 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

I want to create a different pool of players. The vast majority of players agree to say that these apps (Pizza Turbo, Stroke the X) are not games (they do not meet the definition of what a game is, by the way).

Ok, let's play this out.

Let's say that Sony puts you, @bosstristan , in charge of the Trophy system. You get to decide what games get trophies. You get to decide what's a trophy-worthy game. You have the power to retroactively retract any and all trophies that you deem unworthy of your new leaderboard scoring system. Hypothetically, imagine you are the absolute supreme master of all things trophy.

Then what happens? How is your gaming experience better? How is anything improved? You'll have a higher rank, but so will every other "legit gamer" that you allow into your new trophy utopia. So relatively speaking, you'll in effect be at the exact same rank.

A whole bunch of non-gaming trophy-hunters will lose access to their hobby. It will just be gone. They'll have to take up knitting or something. The companies that sell those non-games will lose revenue. The people that make them will lose their jobs.

So what's the upside? How will anything be better if you fix whatever you think is "broken"?

• Like 1

Primarily, I tend to use this site to evaluate the gaming résumés of prospective friends / project-partners on my own PSN account. Are their accounts clean and public? Are they players who tend to complete projects they start? Are they active in the forums in a productive manner, and not creating toxicity? If a prospective co-op partner has a high completion percentage and some solid S’s, I can have a higher level of confidence that s/he will persist to the S on our current project without abandonment, headaches, and drama.

In regard to this new era of paid plats, the genii is out of the bottle. Even if you remove their plats and make these racks worth, say, a max of 300 points each, those games would still be the most efficient path to rank. If I choose to bring my profile to a halt to tackle a hard DLC, there would still be thousands of players in the top 20K grinding Pizza Jump and Sheep A-Z for quick 300 point boosts. There’s nothing I can do about that, but I can still use this site as kind of a résumé screener for players I’d enjoy having as friends on PSN. There is great diversity amongst hunters (e.g., rarity-seekers, S seekers, leaderboard pursuers, etc.), and this site, as is, still allows me to find players who share my interests who might want to join our group for longer projects. 

Edited by bigrake1

20 hours ago, bosstristan said:

...and that is to differentiate people who stack/shoverlware/play these Turbo Pizza whatever free-trophy apps, to -say- put them in a different pool of players.

OR a gamer score, like PSNTrophyLeader does, that would differentiate in an instant gamers from cheaters/boosters.

Maybe it could simply be an add-on to the PSNP+ plugin? But for real, this now has to be done, there is no other way, our hobby is dying.

EDIT : Here are a few posts that I found relevant to the idea :

Yes please! I've always ignored the leaderboards because of those people but it would be cool to have some way to differentiate between them and the real trophy hunters.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Nonsense.

This is his quote: 

I'd point out, that is the quote I was responding to - the OP actually edited it after the fact, thus confirming that even he thinks his original post went a bit too far.

yeah ok then my bad i see the similarity now.  Although still bit over the top.  My apologies.   it's easy to get worked up over those types of analogies when the world is throwing them around so much.  Especially here in my home country.  I thought we were talking about badges for doing good.  Of course we can't give badges to people to shame them.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

yeah ok then my bad i see the similarity now.  Although still bit over the top.  My apologies.   it's easy to get worked up over those types of analogies when the world is throwing them around so much.  Especially here in my home country.  I thought we were talking about badges for doing good.  Of course we can't give badges to people to shame them.  

No probs - I know exactly why you recoiled - under different circumstances I might well have done the same - there is altogether too many comparisons to that area online when it isn't warranted...

Trust me - it takes a special kind of bad idea for me to reach for that particular history card in response.?

• Like 3

Just now, KimBongUn420 said:

1f914.png

Yet another comment that's irrelevant. Do you even know about U3 multiplayer? I was referencing to the ones you get in coop, where you have to play the same level over and over again to get them... far different from boosting easy trophies, actually the exact opposite.

Doing deep research is nice (however a bit strange or alarming), but only expose your findings when they are relevant.

18 minutes ago, GraniteBeast603 said:

Ok, let's play this out.

Let's say that Sony puts you, @bosstristan , in charge of the Trophy system. You get to decide what games get trophies. You get to decide what's a trophy-worthy game. You have the power to retroactively retract any and all trophies that you deem unworthy of your new leaderboard scoring system. Hypothetically, imagine you are the absolute supreme master of all things trophy.

Then what happens? How is your gaming experience better? How is anything improved? You'll have a higher rank, but so will every other "legit gamer" that you allow into your new trophy utopia. So relatively speaking, you'll in effect be at the exact same rank.

A whole bunch of non-gaming trophy-hunters will lose access to their hobby. It will just be gone. They'll have to take up knitting or something. The companies that sell those non-games will lose revenue. The people that make them will lose their jobs.

So what's the upside? How will anything be better if you fix whatever you think is "broken"?

I didn't understand your point there.

Well it's simple, I would do exactly how Sony had been doing for years : small/short games have no platinum, and only a few bronze trophies, a couple of silver and one gold. Games have to passa quality test to keep a certain standard (ie: apps are not allowed), stacks do not exist, cross trophy neither. All of this would solve 90% of the issue already.

As for the second part, I don't understand why you say "you'll have a higher rank". This whole thread is not about me or my profile, it's about enhancing the trophy hunting experience, and keeping it clean, it's something bigger than my, or anyone else's profile.

Wow, seems like it's a common thing for people here to extrapolate. People will lose their job? WTH? People will go knit ? WTH?? Is this a satyre or? lol

Edited by bosstristan

I think just having a official rarity leaderboard as some sort of alternative is fine.

I would love if psnp also implements something like custom leaderboards were I can invite friends and other people that has the same mindset, but truetrophies is waaaay better in these customization options I guess.

These things will not get implemented in an official sense by sly though.., like anything on this site really.

That been said, this thread has been fun to read through, never seen so much fallacies in 1 thread tbf. :P

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GraniteBeast603 said:

Maybe those non-gaming trophy hunters can... oh I don't know, go back to being actual gaming trophy hunters.  Shocking concept I know.

And the people that make this garbage, the ones preying on people's trophy addictions (let's be honest and call this business practice what it actually is), should lose their jobs.  It's not too dissimilar from a drug dealer selling people their next fix.

People get all up in arms about dlc, micro transactions, and lootboxes, but this somehow gets the "let them play what they want" defense?

• Like 4

Just now, AJ_-_808 said:

Maybe those non-gaming trophy hunters can... oh I don't know, go back to being actual gaming trophy hunters.  Shocking concept I know.

And the people that make this garbage, the ones preying on people's trophy addictions (let's be honest and call this business practice what it actually is), should lose their jobs.  It's not too dissimilar from a drug dealer selling people their next fix.

People get all up in arms about dlc, micro transactions, and lootboxes, but this somehow gets the "let them play what they want" defense?

AJ spot on once again.

I'll add that these game companies are using and abusing a loophole in Sony's flexibility. If Sony was to enforce the standard they used to have, these companies could maybe, just maybe, offer actual games to the gaming market. Just a theory.

Ang these """gamers""" would maybe, just maybe, enjoy their hobby the way it is meant to be: playing actual games to experience amazing adventures and compete, collect and so on.

Don’t like ezy plats but want to be high in the leaderboards , it’s 2022, get real , standards have changed, your reputation is based on the quality of the trophies in your account, quantity is so last year, and why worry on what others are doing , if anything it’s distracting your trophy hunting…

The leaderboards are defunct IMO given the change in the market purchasing for these £1 / $1 / 1€ games….

Games that can’t even pop trophies at the time you earned them warrant a flag should be a no argument , particularly if CRT keep a catalogue of affected games…

Edited by amurnin100

circle jerk

The act of constantly sharing the same opinion in a forum full of people who are obviously known to have the same opinion as yours, therefor granting you free upvotes to said opinion, while gathering downvotes to anyone that opposes you on the matter

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, janpham said:

circle jerk

The act of constantly sharing the same opinion in a forum full of people who are obviously known to have the same opinion as yours, therefor granting you free upvotes to said opinion, while gathering downvotes to anyone that opposes you on the matter

Sadly we don't have downvotes here...