PSNP now has to do this to keep being #1 Trophy website...

What a weird thread lol 

We should have a rarity leaderboard though. Pick a point value that works and just go with it, we'd need a fix for the DLCs rarity though. That'd solve everyone's issue really

Don't like the main board too many ezpz? Do rarity

Don't like the rarity? Do the main board 

I'd like to see an implementation of the completionist board from pstl

Edited by mackenzie129

1 hour ago, Mellenthin said:

Moderators, is it possible to get an answer from Sly what it would take for him to set up at least one alternative leaderboard?

If a select few could do most of the work and have Sly approve it, along with donations from those who are willing, could that tempt him?

This is the most absurd post I've ever read on this site. No offense to you, the comment is not actually directed at you - the fact that users literally beg the owner, potentially offer to do the work themselves, pay him for that privilage AND have to ask mods for help in contacting the guy. 

What is this, North Korea? 

I mean, if someone offered to do my job for me and paid me to do it, I'd be the one contacting you. In seconds really. 

Yeah, I get that it doesn't work that way, what users want is not always what the owner wants or what the site is meant to be. But still... It is kinda fucked up, isn't it?

On 12.10.2022 at 0:46 AM, yowzagabowza said:

I don't even care about the leaderboard.

I started using this site to keep track of the one and only trophy list that matters to me: my own.

I like the completion percentage part the most.

But now I check this site before I buy almost any game to make sure the trophies are doable or browse a guide to see what I'm in for. I also check the conversation part quite often. 

This.

I use PSNP for the "Gaming sessions" and keeping track of my games. Plan my platinums, and stuff like that (Using the Guides section). 

Sometimes i wander into the forums, like now, if i have some spare time.. 

I couldn't care less about the leaderboards, and i sure as hell don't care what other people play. 

Do i have an opinion about the EZPZ platinums and the leaderbords race? Sure, i find it silly. But i don't care enough for me to wish to ban people who (in my eyes) flush money down the drain and waste an awful amount of time, to hunt a number on a leaderboard, that 99.99% of the worlds population don't know about.... Let them have their hobby :) 

I'll just play the games i want, and have fun with that. Some people might think im wasting my time, since i mostly play GTA games, FIFA games, and so on. In other peoples eyes, that might be stupid :) Who cares. 

You do you, i do me. 

TLDR = Stop trying to control what others do, and be happy doing what YOU do. IF you wanna be top of the leaderboards, get your creditcard and fire away :) Name of the game.

• Like 2

TrueTrophies has a great rarity system that I think can appease everyone, but the forums are basically a ghost town compared to PSNP so it's still probably still the inferior trophy website - I think we take for granted the strong community element of PSNP.

Edited by zeitgeist_02
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, zeitgeist_02 said:

TrueTrophies has a great rarity system that I think can appease everyone, but the forums are basically a ghost town compared to PSNP so it's still probably still the inferior trophy website - I think we take for granted the strong community element of PSNP.

TrueTrophies doesn't do enough even if it's a little better.

On PSNP: Demon's Souls = The Jumping Burrito Turbo in terms of leaderboard points.

On TrueTrophies: Demon's Souls = two stacks of The Jumping Burrito Turbo in terms of leaderboard points.

Their system still very heavily favors spam-plats even if oh so slightly less. Any form of leaderboard that is intended to be a counterweight to spam-plats has to count them as being worth close to nothing or absolutely nothing. Otherwise they will be the best way to climb the leaderboards still. 

Everyone now talking about how rare a trophy is and getting leaderboards for this, however the rare system is still not great.
If an unpopular game takes 150 hours and is a solid 8/10 difficulty plat it but only has 200 gamers listed the game is normally sitting 30+ completion rate yet a game that was offered on PSN+ only takes 30 hours to pass and has a 3/10 difficulty it will be sitting with a lower rarity rate because it has more gamers who started the game, being a rare trophy is not always the best way to view what should be classed as a real game or not.

And before people go looking at my profile to pull it apart and tell me off. Yep I got a lot of quick games in the middle of my trophy days, was in a lot of trophy comps on other sites I chose to do this and spent a lot of money in the process do I look back and go that was painful yes sometimes I do but I did it and at the time I was happy with it then.

Even now I play games like Kemco titles or indie games which are normally 15 - 25 hours long but because no one else plays them the plat rate is 50%+ percent do some people say this is easy sure but some of Sony's biggest titles which won gaming awards are shorter and easier then this like Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart for an example do we now pick on people who played Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart because it's plat rate is sitting at 65%, at what point do you say nope that plat is too high your no longer a gamer?

Play the games you enjoy playing is all I can say as someone who went down that path of getting quick win trophies in the past but moved on, It was fun at times hard at others but I got tired of it in the end.

PS: Someone said no one reads visual novel games in this topic.... How dare you lol, I read a ton of visual novels but do so on PC as many years ago on this site and others people were getting picked on for having them on their profile even if you read them legit, I aim to start reading them on console again at some point but don't just amuse no one reads visual novels they are still very big in some parts of world.

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, DeadDexterous said:

Please note. Due to your recent choice of purchase.

Your Ultra Rare trophies now mean nothing (If they ever did).

Your profile & account is officially ruined.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Your opinion on anything from the date of this transaction is invalid.

See the problem?

Says the guy who's accounts being removed from psnp. I honestly couldn't give a shit what you think it's my profile and I'll play what I want thanks.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ultraxian said:

Says the guy who's accounts being removed from psnp. I honestly couldn't give a shit what you think it's my profile and I'll play what I want thanks.

I thought it was funny that he got triggered after people gave him rebuttals. 

Looked at his account and it was another “I have to compete on the leaderboards” one. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, bosstristan said:

I want to create a different pool of players. The vast majority of players agree to say that these apps (Pizza Turbo, Stroke the X) are not games (they do not meet the definition of what a game is, by the way).

I'm not talking about "easy" games like Hanna Montana, The Walking Dead... these are indeed easy but at least they ARE games.

They absolutely do meet the definition of a video game which is:

'An electronic game in which players control images on a video screen'

(https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/video game)

That they don't meet your definition of a game is irrelevant.

Personally I've got lots of easy games but even I've drawn the line somewhere for what I'll play, I won't touch any of those Jump or Stroke games etc. That doesn't mean however that I have any right to try to shame others if they've decided to play those or accuse them of not being 'real' trophy hunters.

26 minutes ago, ViensDanser said:

i can't wait to see a new leaderboard based on rarity or some people will spam the shitty games rating 2/10 like
Sports Bar VR Hangout 2.0 with a 0.20 trophy to be the top
And the same will come to cry that it will be necessary to make shitty games to be behind the n 1

Hey what you got planned for your next 1000 platinums?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ViensDanser said:

maybe your rarest trophy a 0.22 rating 2/10?

ah no you don't want to play that you could do about 500 games in the time it would take to do that game.  It's not a 2/10 either.  Havoc mode makes it somewhere around a 5.  It's actually a good game too.  A lot of people play it.  sure beats World of Warships which is very similar by design.  It's a quite underrated game.  Anyway good luck on you next 1000 I check in in a few weeks to see what they are.

Maybe try a 1/10 1st take baby steps.

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 2

The problem isn't the leaderboard... the leaderboard is designed to calculate who has the most trophies.. This is fair enough and makes sense.

The problem is that anyone who is seriously trying to get to the top or stay close to the top of the leaderboards is forced to play this shovelware crap because if they don't, they will lose their spot.

The creators of these trash games know that a great many people will have no choice but to buy every version of their crappy game solely because, if they don't and everyone else near them on the leaderboard does, they will lose their spot. When you've invested that much time and money into getting that high on the leaderboard, by boycotting these trash games, you will be rewarded by dropping 100 spots... and so, there's no real choice for those near to the top but to flood their profiles with shovelware.

The villain here is Sony for allowing their trophy system to be reduced to what it is.

I long for the days where people were ridiculed for have the Terminator Salvation platinum, which was once regarded as shovelware. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HusKy said:

That's the nice thing about rarity leaderboard -- it's self-balancing.

If people start "spamming" easy yet rare trophies, they become less rare over time -> less points awarded. It's a pretty cool concept really. B)

I highly doubt that people are motivated to play boring 2/10 games for 35-50h to have a 0.20 and be competitive
 in the rarity leaderboard
Edited by ViensDanser
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, the1andonly654 said:

This is the most absurd post I've ever read on this site. No offense to you, the comment is not actually directed at you - the fact that users literally beg the owner, potentially offer to do the work themselves, pay him for that privilage AND have to ask mods for help in contacting the guy. 

What is this, North Korea? 

I mean, if someone offered to do my job for me and paid me to do it, I'd be the one contacting you. In seconds really. 

Yeah, I get that it doesn't work that way, what users want is not always what the owner wants or what the site is meant to be. But still... It is kinda fucked up, isn't it?

I know perfectly well how it sounds, but this is how things are and we're basically out of options at this point.

If there is a will, if ever so weak, hope still exist.?

• Like 1