Game comes up twice

SCREWBWOI

This isn't really a trophy related question but does anyone know why in the games played section on Ps5 where it says the hours you played on a game. Ghost of Tsushima comes up twice. One says 50 hours played (which is when I platinumed base game) and one says less than one hour (Which is now). It's the same save file, I just came back to play the DLC. Has this happened to anyone else with a game?

• 3 months later...
On 10/12/2022 at 2:12 AM, SCREWBWOI said:

This isn't really a trophy related question but does anyone know why in the games played section on Ps5 where it says the hours you played on a game. Ghost of Tsushima comes up twice. One says 50 hours played (which is when I platinumed base game) and one says less than one hour (Which is now). It's the same save file, I just came back to play the DLC. Has this happened to anyone else with a game?

A bit of a late reply, but this also happened to me on PS4! So I originally started playing this game with a physical version. A while after I downloaded the PS Plus Extra version of the game, which is the Directo's Cut and now I have it twice on my list of played games. I got a trophy on the Director's Cut, and it also appeared on the other version, which means this will annoy me so much if PSN counts it as having earned the platinum twice lol

Welcome to how weird Sony's back-end is. Each game you play really has 3 different types of entries in Sony's databases:

- It is a "product". Its product ID (e.g., UP5082-PPSA03351_00-7096002319244539) determines, for example, where you'll find it on the PSN web store.

- It is a "game". Its game ID (e.g., CUSA12345 or PPSA03351) determines, for example, whether or not DLC from a region's store will be compatible with this version of the game or not.

- It has a trophy list (or multiple trophy lists).

Many "games" are associated with multiple "products" (since a game might have a regular version and a deluxe version, for example). Similarly, some "products" map to multiple "games" (e.g., products that contain multiple games in a single bundle). Similarly, a single "game" might give multiple trophy lists, and a single trophy list might be associated with multiple "games".

The final thing mentioned above is what is happening here: while Ghost of Tsushima only has one PS4 and one PS5 trophy list, there are multiple "game" entries in Sony's database that all map to these same trophy lists (and playtime is tracked by the "game", not the trophy list). For some reason, when Ghost of Tsushima was added to PS+ Extra, Sucker Punch made a whole new "game" entry in the database for it (usually the developer/publisher just update the "product" entry or make a new "product" entry). So if you play the PS+ Extra and non-PS+ versions of the game, your playtime will be tracked separately for them but you'll get the same trophies between them.

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 26/01/2023 at 2:44 AM, NathanielJohn said:

Welcome to how weird Sony's back-end is. Each game you play really has 3 different types of entries in Sony's databases:

- It is a "product". Its product ID (e.g., UP5082-PPSA03351_00-7096002319244539) determines, for example, where you'll find it on the PSN web store.

- It is a "game". Its game ID (e.g., CUSA12345 or PPSA03351) determines, for example, whether or not DLC from a region's store will be compatible with this version of the game or not.

- It has a trophy list (or multiple trophy lists).

Many "games" are associated with multiple "products" (since a game might have a regular version and a deluxe version, for example). Similarly, some "products" map to multiple "games" (e.g., products that contain multiple games in a single bundle). Similarly, a single "game" might give multiple trophy lists, and a single trophy list might be associated with multiple "games".

The final thing mentioned above is what is happening here: while Ghost of Tsushima only has one PS4 and one PS5 trophy list, there are multiple "game" entries in Sony's database that all map to these same trophy lists (and playtime is tracked by the "game", not the trophy list). For some reason, when Ghost of Tsushima was added to PS+ Extra, Sucker Punch made a whole new "game" entry in the database for it (usually the developer/publisher just update the "product" entry or make a new "product" entry). So if you play the PS+ Extra and non-PS+ versions of the game, your playtime will be tracked separately for them but you'll get the same trophies between them.

Ohh okay that makes complete sense, I think playstation really needs to fix that feature. Almost all games don't even track properly.

On 26/01/2023 at 2:27 AM, ZinHunterAK said:

A bit of a late reply, but this also happened to me on PS4! So I originally started playing this game with a physical version. A while after I downloaded the PS Plus Extra version of the game, which is the Directo's Cut and now I have it twice on my list of played games. I got a trophy on the Director's Cut, and it also appeared on the other version, which means this will annoy me so much if PSN counts it as having earned the platinum twice lol

This is exactly what happened to me. Very frustrating and annoying I still don't understand why they haven't fixed this whole feature and times games plays accurately for example I have hogwarts at 30 hours but it comes up as 24 hours on ps5