Trophy Thoughts

ziggypossum

3 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Everyone is comparing this to the Arkham series- it's entirely unrelated and made by completely different developers

WB Games Montreal made an Arkham Origins game, I guess that's why

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Everyone is comparing this to the Arkham series- it's entirely unrelated and made by completely different developers. It doesn't even play the same, does it? I thought it was going to play similar to that shitty Avengers game from not too long ago.

Whoa whoa. Avenger's campaign was great, though the flying sucked. It was the online part that sucked. 

12 hours ago, Prometheous101 said:

I notice this game and Gotham City Impostors have been made into a series here on Psnprofiles. Are they connected in any way or is it an error?

Not connected

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

That said, the 50 challenges trophy has me wary. I very much disliked the AR challenges in City.

They're probably not the same kind of challenges as the Arkham games because 50 would be a lot to complete if that's the case even if max rank is not necessary. 

This sounds more like the easy but potentially grindy challenges like the challenges in Saints Row. "Take down an enemy with this weapon 50 times, do the same with another weapon 50 times, get all of this kind of collectible, get all of that kind of collectible, etc etc". Do 50 of those kinds of things and you get the trophy. Most you end up knocking out naturally by the end of doing everything else. But of course, it's just a guess. Considering the entire list looks piss-easy, I doubt the 'challenges' will be anything more than a push-over either. 

On 10/13/2022 at 7:14 PM, mega-tallica said:

They're probably not the same kind of challenges as the Arkham games because 50 would be a lot to complete if that's the case even if max rank is not necessary. 

But didn't Arkham Origins (which these devs made) have grindy/RNG challenges for the plat?

On 10/15/2022 at 1:48 AM, ArmoredSnowman said:

But didn't Arkham Origins (which these devs made) have grindy/RNG challenges for the plat?

Yeah but Origins also had a fairly difficult trophy list overall, piggy-backing off of what Rocksteady already established in previous games except even more difficult as far as trophies go.

This game appears to be fairly different than the Arkham games and the trophy lists also look very different leaning on the easier side keeping up with the modern trend of keeping trophy lists easy and more accessible I guess. I doubt they would throw in one ridiculously grindy or hard trophy in there and potentially dissuade trophy hunters from buying and playing the game. 

On 2022-10-12 at 2:27 PM, yowzagabowza said:

I'm glad there are no co-op trophies!

The only one that seems tricky would be to stop all Premeditated Crimes in a single night. 

I'm not totally sold on the game just yet, but I also don't understand the hate it's getting. You haven't played it yet and there aren't any reviews yet, either.

... you don't have to play something to give concerns, criticisms, praise, questions, etc. That's just backwards logic.

Oh, and that aged so poorly, for anybody that couldn't see how this game would turn out back when its first gameplay was shown off, it's now been confirmed by the numerous awful reviews by many, many reviewers.

33 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

... you don't have to play something to give concerns, criticisms, praise, questions, etc. That's just backwards logic.

Oh, and that aged so poorly, for anybody that couldn't see how this game would turn out back when its first gameplay was shown off, it's now been confirmed by the numerous awful reviews by many, many reviewers.

There's an obvious difference between "concerns" and just hating on a game. But you already knew that.