Have you ever been banned for an Insanely stupid reason?

1eudnu_tsedom

I got a 'permanent' ban in Marvel Heroes Omega, along with a few other people, for boosting at one point. In a game where boosting was kind of impossible to not do. I e-mailed support and got a response not five minutes later. The entire response was "Yeah, sorry. Everyone was unbanned". Got back in game to find a bunch of my currency refunded while still having the things I bought.

Two weeks later was the announcement of the game shutting down and most paid items going free, maybe that had something to do with it. 

• Like 4

Don't think I've gotten banned from any service in my entire life, but I've certainly been booted out of a few multiplayer servers. Mostly, this happened way back in my PC multiplayer days, and it was usually for lagging or camping. Sometimes, I would intentionally teamkill to get myself kicked, because I was kind of an edgy little teenage troll at the time.

• Like 1

I used to play a lot of Smite, both on the PC and the PS4, then for a lot of reasons, didn’t play for a couple of years. Things eventually settled down, and I was able to get back to it. This was around the time Samedi got added, and me (being an idiot) said “Hey, he looks kind of cool, let’s check him out.” Hopped in a match.

It was not a wise decision, trying to relearn a game that I had been out of for two or three years while also playing a new character. I did very poorly. I was flagged for “deliberately feeding kills” to the enemy team by every player on my team, followed by a slew of “Fuk U, KYS” type messages. Then the game forcibly logged me out. When I attempted to log back in, I was informed I was suspended for feeding kills, and it logged me out again.

The experience soured me completely on the game, much as I used to enjoy it, and I never tried to log back in. I don’t even know if it was a temporary suspension or a permanent ban (the popup didn’t specify.)

Come to think of it, outside of a brief flirtation with Friday the 13th, which I gave up on after wading through the toxicity for a while before being forced to acknowledge we were never going to get the content pack I was hoping for (Jason X) and that the game was essentially dead in the water due to legal issues, I haven’t bothered playing anything online since.

• Like 3

Got Banned On Battlefield 4 Server (yeeyee server) For Being Too Good, 24-2 KD iirc

59 minutes ago, TriadThunder-X said:

Getting banned from a Battlefield 4 server for using anti-air rockets on a custom server. Maybe people wouldn't spam rockets if you didn't sit in an apache all match...

Rules on bf4 servers are bs, they shouldn't even be there

• Like 2

I’ve never been banned from an actual service. I’ve definitely been kicked out of servers though and rightfully so in many cases. I’ve even crashed boosting lobbies before (sometimes unknowingly). Don’t worry, karma has caught up with me multiple times lol.

In Remnant From the Ashes I felt like a hero after killing the 9th boss and saving a survival run after both teammates died but then I got kicked and saw "banned from this users session" then got a psn message from the host calling me a cheater. 

Edited by Kuzigari_

Never been banned anywhere I think. No, wait, there was an online game thing when I got bored playing on one account so I started experimenting on another, the 2nd one was given to me by a guildmate who quit. This was against TOS. I had quite a lot on my main account way before I got the 2nd one but another guildmate who was struggling and I guess a bit jealous, couldn't believe that I got all that on just one account so he reported me. 

I'm kinda glad honestly. I got unbanned after exchanging some messages with support, sold most of the stuff on my account for quite a lot of money and stopped playing the game that started to annoy me anyway. 

I got a warning from Sony last year for making derogatory commentary on somebody because they were posting Nazi propaganda messages. We were boosting Red Dead Redemption 1 and he was causing enough of a ruckus to the point where somebody finally made his own PS4 group. 

Other than that, I’ve had no warnings or bans on PSN. 

I got banned from the Limited Run Games forums (when they were still around) because I didn't agree with them publicly doxxing the owner of Red Art Games, I informed the owner of Red Art Games because his info was being posted by Josh and Doug (the owners) and they proceeded to perma ban me xD

Though I did make a 2nd account to have my final say where I pointed out all the lies and dirty things LRG had done over the years (made sure to do it during the hours where they wouldn't be online) so a lot of people got to read it xD

• Like 1

Not banned but rolled back.

GF and I were playing The Division 2 (TD2), going through the story. On a certain level, there is a lobby with a minigun. She went for the minigun because it's great in other games, not TD2 though. Didn't do much damage and she died after a few seconds. Good for a laugh.

This is around the time NPCs would one-shot you through walls from two blocks over. One day we log in and she got rolled back nearly a month, around when we started.

During this time you could also get extra damage if you used the minigun a certain way. We didn't know that. People were bragging about how they used the glitch and didn't get punished, while others complained that they were punished and didn't use the glitch. Massive ignored it.

We haven't played TD2 since. Regret the purchase and Massive is on our ban list (do not buy list).

4 hours ago, Phoenixgaming1 said:

Oh boy, finally a place to share two interesting stories. I assume this is banned from anything and not anything specific. But funnily enough, I was banned permanently twice and each time it had something to do with the PlayStation community. 

1. I was banned for telling the truth in the largest PlayStation Community or "group" on Facebook back when I used it and here is why... If you were into PS Plus rumors in early 2018, you might have seen this image floating around: (https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/143/590x/PlayStation-Plus-PS-Plus-free-games-PS4-910328.jpg)

This is a fake leaked PS Plus games for February of 2018, I made this as a joke for some friends when I was sharing it with them, and one of them told me to post it on the PlayStation community, I was younger then and I thought to myself how funny it would be to troll people with a fake PS Plus leak that was obviously too good to be true. But then it got to r/PSplus on Reddit and then they made articles out of it, so so many articles, here are a few:

https://www.thenerdmag.com/ps-plus-february-2018-free-games-leaked/

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/910328/PS-Plus-February-2018-leak-PlayStation-Plus-reveal-Dark-Souls-2-Far-Cry-4

https://www.gamepur.com/news/february-2018-ps-plus-free-games-leaked

https://gearnuke.com/ps-plus-february-2018-games-leaked/

https://gearnuke.com/ps-plus-february-2018-leak-get-free-far-cry-4/

There are so so many more and even YouTube videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmfezqTTYvI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XheYERwk0IQ

And there are more of those as well. Now here's where my being banned comes in. You see, this was all fun and games when it was between friends and a small group, but then it spread to the bigger groups and there were articles and I saw that a lot of people were believing in this leak, people wanted so badly for it to be real and I hit a moment where I started to feel real regretful and it made me feel really bad that so many people were going to be disappointed. So I came out and told the truth, first on Reddit where people understood and thanked me for coming out with the truth, I posted proof of course showing the photoshop doc open.

But then I posted it in the largest PlayStation Group on Facebook admitting that it is fake and that people shouldn't get their hopes up. Most people took it well, except for a moderator of the group who commented and I am paraphrasing here "stop lying for likes, we all know you didn't make this stop trying to get attention" I responded telling him that the proof is in the photo I provided of the Photoshop doc, he confidently told me "It is real and just because it's a leak you are trying to say it's fake by taking credit for it" And before I could even write a response I was removed from the group. Banned, and back then I actually used Facebook a lot, it was the main platform. I felt so depressed that I was removed from what I thought to be my own community, I think that's why I never felt such a deep connection to PlayStation after that point. I got banned for telling people the truth because a moderator wouldn't believe the truth.

And so I'd say that is by far one of the dumbest reasons I've been banned.

2. BUT, shout out to the horrible and quite frankly stupid moderator on the PlayStation Discord Server. from the PlayStation Reddit page there's a link to an "Official" Discord server and I joined it, now I barely used it but I would see announcements for certain games and get technical support once in a while but here's where I get banned... So it's June and Pride month starts, they announce that for pride month they are adding pronoun tags, so the server explodes because they did an (@) Everyone tagging the whole server, it erupts into chaos as tons of people flood the general chat with their opinions I viewed the general chat for a bit, laughed and didn't think too much of it, just thinking it was funny seeing thousands of people being banned all within such a short period of time for bursting out with very stupid and vulgar hate. 

But I come back the next day to see if the chat is still being flooded by people mad about such a small update to the server and if people were still getting banned, the chat had slowed down but even 24 hours later people were still talking about it in the general chat and one person said this and I paraphrase "gay people shouldn't have rights, the world was better in the 1950's generation" now I normally don't feel a need to type within these chats or insert myself, but this was such a horrible take/opinion I felt the urge to be a little sarcastic to show how stupid they were being. So I simply said "Yeah, human rights suck, we should all just go back to the stone age, that was the best generation" Now for you reading this right now, because you have an at least partially working brain, you can understand that was clearly sarcasm in disagreement with that person's ideals, but, I was banned and when I reached out through the mod mail, according to a PlayStation Discord Moderator I was "trolling" and could reapply to join back after 6 months. This might be one of the dumbest reasons I was banned for something. I didn't say anything against anyone, I didn't spread hate, and I didn't break any rules I was just sarcastic to a homophobe and was banned for it. 

And this was technically my first message on the server ever, sure I sent a few messages in the technical support area asking a few questions, but I don't really count that, this was the first time I ever really spoke on the server and I was banned for it. There was no way I was going to stay in a "banned people" server for 6 months to appeal, and I didn't want the mod mail in my contact list, so I removed them and there is officially no way for me to ever join back, not that I'd even want to at this point. 

Thank you, and I'm out! (*throws a smoke bomb and runs away*)

That discord server is terrible, i left too

On 12/10/2022 at 10:05 PM, DiamondAN-94 said:

Yes. My psn was banned for the dumbest reason. Me and my friend was in a pod on little big planet and someone join (a small child) and cussed us out. My friend cussed back with even harsher language. Next day I was banned just because he reported both of us and I did nothing wrong

Yeah, PSN doesn't fuck around 

Edited by Ghost-Zeus514

I got a 48 hour ban on my alt account for swearing on Killzone 3, an 18s rated game. I get that I was swearing at someone, but the sweaty fucker had got out of the map and was spawn killing our entire team. A note popped up on screen to say “a moderator is watching this game”, and I called the mod out to act and kick the guy from the game…instead I got banned from psn ?

Edited by Shinoda_2qx
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, modest_undue1 said:

Can you name them?

I don't want to stir up old drama so I won't go into much detail. Even the quick summary I just typed seemed like too much and I removed it. I'll just say it started with me getting a warning about spamming the forums that I disagreed with and things went downhill. I've changed accounts since then and don't really want to connect myself with the situation again.

Edited by Man of Inaction

I sent this to someone who was being annoying in a game and decided to mass message people and harassing us/me:

8c6b527a792501d62c4810e765c8cba32df107b4

It's a old meme. The context is that it was a woman who was harassing us and grifting. It was when I was playing First Class Trouble, a game where you have to have a mic on in order to do well in the game.

She reported that and I got banned for a week. This is how I learned that Sony's current ban system is horrible, vague, and can be weaponized by trolls.

I have been in lobbies on the game where people complain about that user and her friend multiple times since the userbase is low enough to where they show up often enough.

Edited by ZLordofAwesome

In Battlefield 1942, Bad Company and some Battlefield 4 games my friend and I used to play kamikaze attacks on enemies, mainly around a base or spawn point with lots of vehicles. This resulted in many, many kicked matches and banned servers. It took some growing up before we understood that this was only fun for us ?

Banned from Steve Jackson's site (SJGames) for repeatedly requesting QA assistance for the Munchkin digital game. I was also banned by the game's publisher (Asmodee Digital) and blocked on their socials...all I wanted was a functioning game.

Also banned on PSN for a week for boosting Killzone 2.

• Like 2