Hvalpen

Should i start on death incarnate, or does it make all the non mein leben trophies too tedious?

15 posts in this topic

What should I do for my first run in terms of difficulty? The guide reccomends to jump straight into i am death incarnate, to practice for mein leben, but i feel like it might make all the level specific and perk specific trophies too tedious. What did you do and what would you recommend?

Also, does more enemies spawn/spawn differently. or is it simply a matter of damage?

The game isn't too long, so I would personally recommend Easy or Normal mode (forget what those are called) for the collectibles/miscellaneous trophies, then do IADI run(s) once you've gotten everything but that and the Mein leben! trophy out of the way. As for enemies, I believe it's just a matter of damage? I've yet to go back and tackle the platinum there, but the guide doesn't seem to indicate any altered enemy arrangements for the difficulty like some game have.

Personally, I didn't, mainly because I had just played the previous games so I wanted to see how the story evolved. If you only care about the trophies, then yes so you can get an idea on how to tackle every mission. If anything, make a manual save before every mission is recommended so you can go back to it individually. Spawn of enemies are all literally the same. It's just damage what changes. 

As for perks and collectibles, I wouldn't worry about it because everything is accessible post-game.

16 minutes ago, xItsLesterx said:

Personally, I didn't, mainly because I had just played the previous games so I wanted to see how the story evolved. If you only care about the trophies, then yes so you can get an idea on how to tackle every mission. If anything, make a manual save before every mission is recommended so you can go back to it individually. Spawn of enemies are all literally the same. It's just damage what changes. 

As for perks and collectibles, I wouldn't worry about it because everything is accessible post-game.

I'm not sure i understand you. Did you start on easy or death incarnate?

11 minutes ago, Hvalpen said:

I'm not sure i understand you. Did you start on easy or death incarnate?

I didn't start on Death Incarnate. I did my first playthrough on Normal.

As someone who just got the platinum yesterday. I would start on death incarnate and follow a guide on the second playthrough such as (Kreeper V) on YouTube. You need to really nail down each level before even attempting Mein Leben. 

3 minutes ago, i-c-dead-ppI said:

As someone who just got the platinum yesterday. I would start on death incarnate and follow a guide on the second playthrough such as (Kreeper V) on YouTube. You need to really nail down each level before even attempting Mein Leben. 

Why the death incarnate start? And why a guide on second play through, if it's literally the same difficulty again(without being mein leben)?

To begin with you need to finish the game on I am death incarnate! to unlock Mein leben.

I find Wolfenstein II very unpredictable in terms of gameplay, the more difficult the level - the more stress you get, the enemies are smart (lethal) and dynamic.

You can also play one level below it and see for yourself the difference. 

23 minutes ago, Hvalpen said:

Why the death incarnate start? And why a guide on second play through, if it's literally the same difficulty again(without being mein leben)?

Guide recommends it to get you used to it. However, unlock other FPS, say COD, enemies are not bullet sponges and gameplay is very balanced. I believe once you can always change the difficulty except for Mein Leben. 

And unlike what @mataningo is saying, you do not need to finish a Death Incarnate playthrough because I never did one. I just did normal and then jumped to Mein Leben.

Just enjoy the game. It's a great FPS with a solid story and some badass dual-wielding double-fisting action. Worst case scenario, you do a Death Incarnate playthrough to get you used to the fast time to kill (death) and then you do Mein Leben. Rarely does anyone do I without looking up youtube videos and there are tons of them taking you step by step on what to expect. 

Edited by xItsLesterx

Straight on death incarnate, so you will witness what to expect and can practise and memorize possible outcomes. Mein Leben screws you everytime when something unexpected happens and this coincidently occurs all the time.

I understand the view that playing on a harder difficulty can possibly prepare you better for a even harder difficulty, but I always find the problem with that is that you are starting the game with a MEGA steep learning curve with little breathing space!!

I know some players enjoy jumping in at the deep-end, but for someone else, even if advised, it just goes against how that individual may experience a game and can ruin the experience a bit.

I for one don't mind harder difficulties, but when first starting a game, I need breathing space to take in all the mechanics, experiment with stuff and such, and doing that on harder difficulties can be very frustrating and ruin the experience experience.

What I usually do instead, is play on easy, but disable auto-aim, that actually prepares you for the harder difficulties more than you think!! That is one of the biggest problems, jumping from easy to hard and then having to learn how to aim, but if you disable auto-aim and learn how to aim in easy, that's part of the skill developed!!

All in all, you can only do what works best for you and also keeps it enjoyable, options are key ;)

Edited by Optinooby

30 minutes ago, xItsLesterx said:

Guide recommends it to get you used to it. However, unlock other FPS, say COD, enemies are not bullet sponges and gameplay is very balanced. I believe once you can always change the difficulty except for Mein Leben. 

And unlike what @mataningo is saying, you do not need to finish a Death Incarnate playthrough because I never did one. I just did normal and then jumped to Mein Leben.

Just enjoy the game. It's a great FPS with a solid story and some badass dual-wielding double-fisting action. Worst case scenario, you do a Death Incarnate playthrough to get you used to the fast time to kill (death) and then you do Mein Leben. Rarely does anyone do I without looking up youtube videos and there are tons of them taking you step by step on what to expect. 

Yeah, you are right, finishing the game once on any difficulty unlocks Mein leben.

-Meinl leben is the same as I am death incarnate, the only difference is that you have one life and no saves, so you need to start and finish in one sitting (possible to enter rest mode and take a break)

-Choose to save Fergus (special weapon)

-Running to checkpoints passing you on to the next level and despawn any enemies most of the times(I did speedrun on every level - run and gun)

Anything more is a spoiler. enjoy the game, and take your time. 

Edited by mataningo

You can play on any difficulty, but let me tell you one thing: blind playthrough on IADI (or any other difficulty) will NOT prepare you for Mein Leben.

To make IADI ani useful for ML, you would play the whole game side by side with a video guide that shows precise strats, skips etc.

My suggestion is to play your first playthrough blind and just have fun. Perhaps check out the missable trophies but I did those while doing many full runs of the game.

3 hours ago, HusKy said:

You can play on any difficulty, but let me tell you one thing: blind playthrough on IADI (or any other difficulty) will NOT prepare you for Mein Leben.

To make IADI ani useful for ML, you would play the whole game side by side with a video guide that shows precise strats, skips etc.

My suggestion is to play your first playthrough blind and just have fun. Perhaps check out the missable trophies but I did those while doing many full runs of the game.

Any recommended ML videos?

There's a trophy "I am Machine Enough" that's missable and would probably make you want to tear all your hair out if you tried to do it on IADI.

Honestly just play on normal and get all the non-difficulty trophies, then play through IADI multiple times and get comfortable with each section before tackling Mein Leben.