Is Overwatch platinum a 10/10 in difficulty now?

Marco-Snake-

Of course doing it legit without boosting/playing with and against randoms. As you all know, they changed the number of people playing a match from 6vs6 to 5vs5, some trophies changed accordingly (like Mercy's "Huge Rez" that now requires to revive 5 teammates instead of 6) but some other trophies didn't change at all, like Lucio's "The floor is lava" and Soldier 76's "Target Rich Enviroment". In my opinion, having one less opponent makes these 2 trophies (and I'm sure there are more like these) way more difficult. I tried multiple times to kill 4 people with Soldier 76's ultimate but the best I can do is 3 people, when I find  4 people grouped together it's usually 3+1 tank and this one is hard to take down due to huge amount of health plus, often, a shield.

What's your toughts?

It always was, not sure how you could ever get 3 solo kills with reaper without reloading unless you're shooting a teamful of mechless D.va's.

Edit: I just looked up a video of it and the guy kills 1 low hp genji, so the solo kill thing probably means no recent gunfire, and then 1 hanzo and got the trophy. Guess we gotta rely on things being glitched for our benefit, had a friend got 1 wall riding environmental kill with Lucio and he got the trophy.

Edited by StanPortrBridges
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Marco-Snake- said:

Of course doing it legit without boosting/playing with and against randoms. As you all know, they changed the number of people playing a match from 6vs6 to 5vs5, some trophies changed accordingly (like Mercy's "Huge Rez" that now requires to revive 5 teammates instead of 6) but some other trophies didn't change at all, like Lucio's "The floor is lava" and Soldier 76's "Target Rich Enviroment". In my opinion, having one less opponent makes these 2 trophies (and I'm sure there are more like these) way more difficult. I tried multiple times to kill 4 people with Soldier 76's ultimate but the best I can do is 3 people, when I find  4 people grouped together it's usually 3+1 tank and this one is hard to take down due to huge amount of health plus, often, a shield.

What's your toughts?

Mercy only changed because her abilities were entirely reworked a few years back. But yes, I’d say some trophies are even more difficult, although some may be easier as the teams seem to tend sticking together more.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, StanPortrBridges said:

It always was, not sure how you could ever get 3 solo kills with reaper without reloading unless you're shooting a teamful of mechless D.va's.

Edit: I just looked up a video of it and the guy kills 1 low hp genji, so the solo kill thing probably means no recent gunfire, and then 1 hanzo and got the trophy. Guess we gotta rely on things being glitched for our benefit, had a friend got 1 wall riding environmental kill with Lucio and he got the trophy.

It’s also possible by hitting your targets once each with normal gunfire and then ult. Unless they fixed it.

12 minutes ago, BlazikieronUS said:

Fully legit, not the platinum. The platinum is maybe a 5/10, 6/10 pushing it. The dlc is stupid though. The doom fist trophy, the Baptiste trophies. They’d be super hard legit, but even then, id say it’s a 9/10, maybe even an 8/10

you must be very good at shooting games! :) I'm not experienced with them, which is why I personally rate the platinum 10/10 difficulty, 9/10 at least. It took me 600 hours of practice and attempts. Btw, Doomfist is much easier now! Hitting 4 people with ult isn't as bad as 6, both his trophies only took me a couple hours

• Like 1

Honestly I'd not say its a 10/10 but more 8 or 9.

It's a huge time investment more than difficulty really and time & luck don't equal difficulty in my eyes. Yes it's slightly harder now but you can always get help from friend or a team. Done the orignal OW list years ago and currently enjoying the newer list. Yes it's frustrating but if you're going to play it anyway then things will come naturally after a while. 

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 9:47 AM, Marco-Snake- said:

What's your toughts?

Literally impossible without boosting or having a team coordinated just to get you a trophy. A few will never happen without manipulation and I have well over 2,000 hours in OW, so this is speaking from experience.

Edited by The-Captain-388
  • Like 1

On 15.10.2022 at 2:28 AM, MonaSaxPayne said:

get out

Alien shooter grind took me 2 games (about 10 minutes) every day for 6 months. 

I would never call it anything above 3/10 difficulty.

That's why guides rank games with difficulty/playthroughs/time.

It's not perfect but gives bigger picture.

Edited by WiktorM101
  • Like 3

On 14/10/2022 at 5:29 PM, BlazikieronUS said:

Fully legit, not the platinum. The platinum is maybe a 5/10, 6/10 pushing it. The dlc is stupid though. The doom fist trophy, the Baptiste trophies. They’d be super hard legit, but even then, id say it’s a 9/10, maybe even an 8/10

I was close to get Baptiste's "stand by me" trophy, I saved 3 people (me included) from an opponent ultimate (the Junkrat one) but of course you need 4 of them. Scum move from Activision Blizzard to not adjust these trophies from 4 to 3 since you're playing with 1 less opponent and teammate, but I'm pretty sure they did it on purpose to "force" people spend countless hours on multiplayer trying to get them and to use less popular heroes. 

I'm having a lot of fun with this game (most of the time at least) but I'm 100% sure I'll never be close to platinuming it (and I don't even consider 100%) legit. Maybe one day in the future I'll join a boosting session but I've read that Activision Blizzard ban people for this and it's a pain in the ass try to find each other in matchmaking.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2022 at 9:47 AM, Marco-Snake- said:

What's your toughts?

Platinum 9/10 and 100% 10/10, if you are boosting then it’s a 2/10.

Could be lower or higher depending on your skill level, I played the most before role queue existed and I was always diamond-master in comp (did reach gm once).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 21.10.2022 at 10:27 AM, Marco-Snake- said:

I was close to get Baptiste's "stand by me" trophy, I saved 3 people (me included) from an opponent ultimate (the Junkrat one) but of course you need 4 of them. Scum move from Activision Blizzard to not adjust these trophies from 4 to 3 since you're playing with 1 less opponent and teammate, but I'm pretty sure they did it on purpose to "force" people spend countless hours on multiplayer trying to get them and to use less popular heroes. 

I'm having a lot of fun with this game (most of the time at least) but I'm 100% sure I'll never be close to platinuming it (and I don't even consider 100%) legit. Maybe one day in the future I'll join a boosting session but I've read that Activision Blizzard ban people for this and it's a pain in the ass try to find each other in matchmaking.

I had the same thoughts, but I closed all the trophies the legit way. It's a little easier now, but still requires an astronomical amount of luck. Or team and lesser amount of luck.

Why easier? Because there's one less tank in the queue with roles. Because there are fewer shields overall.

Why does it take luck? Because there are so many escapes and invuls in the game. Enemies don't stick together, they disperse. Partly the problem is solved by the team, which will help with the gathering of enemies in one heap. I did not have one and had to wait for the opportunity when everyone was near payload, when they gave ults, when they are wounded and disoriented, when there is no Zarya, etc.

Looking at the replays of some of the trophies, I physically feel how on edge their conditions were. It's a split second between success or failure.

For example, this is how I closed the trophy for Genji: https://youtu.be/467PTPc0XFA

How many people did I kill with my sword? The conditions are four. The announcer also counted four. The sword killed three. This is a bug? No, this is Sparta Overwatch. One shuriken hit the enemy Genji (appearing for a millisecond in sight) before the ulta was activated. Then he was killed by Roadhog during my ult. By the way, there is no mention of this possibility in the guides.

This is the essence of what trophies are in this game.

For me, it's 8.5/10. Without a team, without a boost. But I'm not a very good player.

Edited by voxman90

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-10-14 at 11:24 AM, goth-bitties said:

hi, I just spent the past 6 months getting the entire OW platinum legit, and I would like to share my experience with Waste Not Want Not-- I got it by spawn camping and bullying a Mercy. I hid in a different spot every time she respawned, and snuck up behind her for a quick kill, 3 times, without reloading. this was after 20 hours of attempts, but it's very doable! map was Ilios Well, btw.

Rapid Discord took 80 hours, and I did the requirements FIVE TIMES before it actually counted and popped the trophy, so that was quite awful. 

Simple Geometry is the hardest trophy in my opinion-- especially now that Storm Arrow damage has been nerfed AGAIN. took me 106 hours as Hanzo to get this one, and I only got it because I had a clutch Zarya & Mei ult combo going on my team, so I was lucky.

anyway, to answer OP's question, yes-- this game is a 10/10 difficulty when trying to do it without any help or boosting. without a doubt, one of my most difficult and proudest plats, especially because shooters are not my strong suit. 

best of luck to anyone who's going for it now!

As a mercy main, this hurt my soul a bit ? but that’s a very good strategy will definitely keep it in mind.

Hello, everyone!
Just a quick question: for someone like me - who may want to start this game on PS4 Pro - is the platinum super unlikely to be earned?
In addition to that, are there discotinued/unobtainable/unearnable trophies in any of the numerous DLCs of the past few years (since I was told that Blizzard simply merged Overwatch 2 with Overwatch 1)?

Thanks in advance for answering and take care you all! ^_^

9 hours ago, DiegoDolmetscher said:

Hello, everyone!
Just a quick question: for someone like me - who may want to start this game on PS4 Pro - is the platinum super unlikely to be earned?
In addition to that, are there discotinued/unobtainable/unearnable trophies in any of the numerous DLCs of the past few years (since I was told that Blizzard simply merged Overwatch 2 with Overwatch 1)?

Thanks in advance for answering and take care you all! ^_^

Nothing is bugged on the ps4 version, the ps5 version has 1 bugged trophy that seems to only be bugged for players who also played the ps4 version. 

As for getting 100%, you can easily get it done within 1 month if you boost. If you don’t boost, I think it’s impossible to do within 6 months if ever because it’s a 9.5/10 or 10/10 difficulty game when done legit.

Edit: I forgot to mention 1 trophy, it requires 50 unlocks for any 1 character. Due to the removal of loot boxes, this trophy will take ~12 months if you buy and level up all the battle passes. You can get it within weeks if you spend alot of money, or take years if you spend nothing and only do challenges.

Edited by DHawk12