How does the community want the "PS5 OS Autopop 'Glitch'" cheater reports to be handled?

B1rvine

How does the community want the "PS5 OS Autopop 'Glitch'" cheater reports to be handled?  

439 members have voted

1. 1. How many flags for games with impossible timestamps should be waived/dismissed?

• None
    • One game (without the requirement of hiding the game)
    • Two games (without the requirement of hiding the games)
    • Several* (One/two flag(s) issued, to cover all game instances, with the requirement to hide all affected games)
    • Unlimited (with the requirement of hiding the games)
    • Unlimited (without the requirement of hiding the games)

12 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

u think flagging innocent ppl shows integrity???

How do you differentiate between someone who is oblivious and innocent to the OS bug and someone who is exploiting it?

Edited by TriadThunder-X
  • Like 3

I am surprised that there are more people wanting the requirement to NOT hide the gltched trophies. Result so far show

Unlimited (with the requirement of hiding the games) = 7

Unlimited (without the requirement of hiding the games) = 33

If you don't need to hide the games then there is zero incentive to try and slow down and play the games slower / avoid the glitch happening.

Also not hiding the games is going to open up the door to

"OMG I didn't cheat, it was the PS5 bug, honest guv"

If not hiding glitched trophies becomes mandatory then well, we're going to have to let everyone from GTA5 back on the leaderboards then.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

so everyone is guilty because u can't tell the difference?

If the trophy was not unlocked through normal means such as meeting the requirements or save file transfer PS4>PS5 auto unlock, then it shouldn't be allowed to remain on the leaderboards. 

It would be too difficult to identify between someone who has manipulated the system software to cheat and someone who has no clue. It may be unfortunate to those who get flagged because of this bug, but at least we will all know that the integrity of the leaderboard wont have potential OS bug cheaters.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

This is my thoughts. If you don't have any sort of repercussions for doing this, people can find a way to abuse the leniency.  If you force people to hide it, at least you can deter someone from doing it. It's not like we don't know what causes this.

I also think this is a good middle ground or compromise between those who think it should stay flagged and those who don't.

ALTHOUGH, no one really wins in a compromise and this option may just piss off everyone on both ends of the spectrum... xD

No I think this is good, think about it.

If the glitch happens then well, you gotta hide it, it wasn't your fault so you don't get banned. But it kinda was your fault so at least you're being punished by not having access to those trophy points anymore (that your rivals will have over you) That means one less stack of the The JumpIng Ballbags which has you at a slight disadvantage, thus (hopefully) forcing you to be more careful in the future. I mean that's money wasted and a stack you can't use anymore. You COULD have slowed down, but in your haste, that's 11 gold trophies and a Platinum which you can't use anymore. This bug is mostly affecting the guys at the top so the penalty for them seems more fitting.

I feel this is the perfect solution. Nobody gets banned unfairly and nobody gets to keep their potentially dodgy trophy list. How is this not a win all around? :)

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, TriadThunder-X said:

If the trophy was not unlocked through normal means such as meeting the requirements or save file transfer PS4>PS5 auto unlock, then it shouldn't be allowed to remain on the leaderboards. 

It would be too difficult to identify between someone who has manipulated the system software to cheat and someone who has no clue. It may be unfortunate to those who get flagged because of this bug, but at least we will all know that the integrity of the leaderboard wont have potential OS bug cheaters.

I'm all for keeping the leaderboard clean and free from cheaters

but don't u think that.. at a bare minimum.. in order to remove someone as a cheater.. u should be able to positively/objectively identify them as such? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

lso, as far as I'm aware, there's currently no way to hack a ps5 to allow people to actually cheat on that system,

PS5s can be hacked, but those cannot go online, and saves can't be modded either, unless the person is transferring from PS4. So, the chances of timestamp editing shouldn't be a worry for a long time to come. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ChromeSaw said:

what if it happens to you on multiple games before you get flagged for the first like ike? this is an OS bug, and i've had my fair share. platinums not showing up unless i sync, trophy lists not appearing at all. i've been lucky enough to not have this bug happen yet (i hope) but this is an issue with the OS, not the user. who gives a shit about the fastest time for the jumping burger: halloween edition anyway? i understand if the vita trick fucks up timestamps because that's a user choice but an OS bug is just ridiculous.

Then you fallback on the current leeway of "three strikes and you're out". If you exhaust that, I have little sympathy - bug or not.

I have literally zero interest in speedruns or paid platinums, but how many chances do you want to give to abuse the system? Where do we draw the line? Shall we just whitelist hacked CODs and GTA5 while we're here?

If this goes through as an unlimited thing I'll be playing on closed source servers, ranking be damned..

• Like 1

Not being flagged but having to hide the game would be a good compromise in my opinion, this is an avoidable issue so I don't think you should get to have those trophies count to your leaderboard score but for the people who are genuinely unaware of this problem they then wouldn't have the punishment of a flag (or multiple and being removed from the leaderboard altogether) on their account

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

PS5s can be hacked, but those cannot go online, and saves can't be modded either, unless the person is transferring from PS4. So, the chances of timestamp editing shouldn't be a worry for a long time to come. 

Ok, then a free (no flag, no hide) or semi-free (no flag, but hide game) pass for the time being should be acceptable.

• Like 1

Voted "Unlimited (without the requirement of hiding the games)" because I don't think you should punish the user for something out of his control. And the "it's avoidable" it's just... meh. It's the same as joining a hached match and unlocking trophies, it's not the user's fault and if you know it happens, just whitelist the game/dlc, it's not that hard.

• Like 3

@enaysoft

@iXanon

@Beyondthegrave07

What prevents them from unhiding it a week/month/etc later after getting told to hide it the first time?  While requiring them to hide it sounds like a good middle ground, it can turn into a game of cat and mouse. 

2nd report gets flagged? 3rd? Who keeps track of that?

Plus, please correct me if I'm wrong, but once a flag is lifted, it can't be reapplied by non-crt, meaning it has to be manually reported and making it more of a job for crt.

I think it has to be all or nothing to keep it simple?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

@enaysoft

@iXanon

@Beyondthegrave07

What prevents them from unhiding it a week/month/etc later after getting told to hide it the first time?  While requiring them to hide it sounds like a good middle ground, it can turn into a game of cat and mouse. 

2nd report gets flagged? 3rd? Who keeps track of that?

Plus, please correct me if I'm wrong, but once a flag is lifted, it can't be reapplied by non-crt, meaning it has to be manually reported and making it more of a job for crt.

I think it has to be all or nothing to keep it simple?

That's a very good point mate.

By the way, under the current system is it already a possibility that people are doing that?

-> Be reported for a game

-> hide it

-> get unbanned

-> a few months while nobody is looking unhide it

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

Voted "Unlimited (without the requirement of hiding the games)" because I don't think you should punish the user for something out of his control. And the "it's avoidable" it's just... meh. It's the same as joining a hached match and unlocking trophies, it's not the user's fault and if you know it happens, just whitelist the game/dlc, it's not that hard.

So players that had 'Big Leagues' and 'Gone with the Wind' unlocked by others should get a free pass? I mean it's not their fault and they were unaware after all.