Rise and don't grind trophy

Hey guys, i have completed my first run blind on normal difficulty but unfortunately i have missed this trophy for 1 level(LV 41).

Now i have started NG+ and i want to rush the game on easy. My question is, if i play the game on easy and i skip all unnecessary battle it's possible finish the game under lv 40? or maybe it's best if i play the game on normal? if i remember correctly on easier difficulty the exp rate is increased. I don't want to rush through the game again and fail at the end. Any thoughts?

Edited by TenebraZero

the chapter with the final boss should have you be around 34-35, just skips the fights from there and by the time you get to the boss you should be under 40 after he's dead.

Dead characters also don't gain EXP and the falloff to 1 EXP once you're overleveled an enemy still happens on easy. You still need to be around 30 anyways because the monster chests are level 35 and at lower levels you do zero damange.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio
  • Like 1

Some additional notes

- In the final chapter, you should be around lvl 34-lvl 35. Do not do any additional battles (This includes monster chests, and there is one sort of mini boss that you can run from)

- The final boss has 3 separate battles, you will only get experience from the first fight. As long as you are 40 or lower, you will be fine.

- You will gain 2 party members in the final dungeon, you must KO them as they will go over level 40 during these fights.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Godwulf_MTL said:

I don't get this trophy, I got to the final boss at 34 (on normal) killed 1st phase and it bumped me to 42...

And does the 2 support members LVL matters?

Be mindful of XP multipliers, the more stuff you do in a fight, the higher the multiplier will be. You wanna finish the fight as soon as you can.

And yes, they do matter. You have to kill 'em before fighting him.

• Like 1

On 28/10/2022 at 6:46 PM, Godwulf_MTL said:

I don't get this trophy, I got to the final boss at 34 (on normal) killed 1st phase and it bumped me to 42...

And does the 2 support members LVL matters?

I have failed the First attempt, play from the beginning at lv 1 on Easy, skip every possibile Battle and best the boss as fast as i can, u end up with lv 39 at the second form of final boss. 

On 10/29/2022 at 9:24 PM, TenebraZero said:

I have failed the First attempt, play from the beginning at lv 1 on Easy, skip every possibile Battle and best the boss as fast as i can, u end up with lv 39 at the second form of final boss. 

I don't think the second form awards exp if I'm understanding right, you should still have been good.

Got this on my first playthrough & skipped any optional battles in the last chapter. You can manipulate your levels by having different party members die during boss fights and then have another 2 die for the next fight. This way all 4 characters are not leveling up at the same time. I also killed off the 2 additional support characters (spoilers to mention) that join your party.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

So I'm on chapter 4 and I'm wondering with one party member being 29 and the rest being 28 should I skip all optional quests for chapter 4 and just do the bare minimum and get to the last boss? Then just reload chapter 4 where I left off and then finish it normally?

I think I was around level 33 when I started the final chapter and got the trophy by skipping all battles except mandatory ones. I wish I would have replayed the final chapter after I got the Rise and don't grind so I could get my characters as high as possible. On Nightmare characters don't seem to level up until the monsters are your level or higher. I'm almost done with chapter 3 in NG+ and have only gained 1 level so far. 

• 4 months later...

After the first phase of the final boss I ended up at 40 1/2 and the trophy didn’t pop at the end has anyone had this issue or am I doing something wrong Update guess Estelle and josh have to be under 40 as well I got the trophy now 

Edited by Stay_Frozzty

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to do everything on every chapter including chests and basically not have to worry about rise and grind until you reach the final dungeon? In the guide it says to run past all enemies from the start of the game and don’t open monster chests. Reason being is I thought you’d be level 34/35 when you get to the final dungeon regardless of what you do beforehand, as the game gives you 1xp if you over level past enemies anyway?

Edited by GizmoCat79

3 minutes ago, GizmoCat79 said:

Is it possible to do everything on every chapter including chests and basically not have to worry about rise and grind until you reach the final dungeon? In the guide it says to run past all enemies from the start of the game and don’t open monster chests. Reason being is I thought you’d be level 34/35 when you get to the final dungeon regardless of what you do beforehand, as the game gives you 1xp if you over level past enemies anyway?

Yes, level scaling makes it so that you stay at an average level no matter how much or how little you fight

• 2 weeks later...

it's been like that in the Cold Steel games, I just wasn't sure in this one, so i skipped most of the battles the entire game. It very much lowered my enjoyment of the game. I guess my paranoia did pay off since I did get it on the first run, but it wasn't fun to do since I enjoy the trails battle system.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 4/16/2023 at 8:21 PM, IceKnight_13 said:

it's been like that in the Cold Steel games, I just wasn't sure in this one, so i skipped most of the battles the entire game. It very much lowered my enjoyment of the game. I guess my paranoia did pay off since I did get it on the first run, but it wasn't fun to do since I enjoy the trails battle system.

It’s a silly trophy. I don’t know why they kept it when they ported the game over to PS4. It’s a silly challenge with zero meaning to it 

Edited by Turius_

• 3 months later...

i got to upper 38-39 on easy difficulty. there was one fight in which i needed to cancel multiple arts which seemed to add to the multiplier. just skip as many fights as possible in game (especially on side quests).

i was around 33 by the time i entered the last area (right after the 5 wave enemy gauntlet).

chapter one end was around lvl 12-13.

Edited by Lordguwa