'A Solid Foundation' (max settler rep) workaround.

Vault-TecPhantom

I'm trying to avoid the 'E' word so that Bethesda's ban hammer doesn't come down on me lol.

For the trophy, 'A Solid Foundation' (max out your rep with the Settlers faction) there is a workaround that will help you achieve the trophy within about 2 hours. In addition, you'll get infinite character XP so it helps with the 'Fallout Forever' trophy as well.

Essentially, one of the daily quests for the Settlers is 'Vital Equipment'. Rather than auto-picking up the quest by travelling to Foundation, go to the location where the quest item spawns. Quest item location is at this time timestamp but don't follow this entire video guide exactly as there is an even easier way to do the workaround. If the quest item isn't there simply server hop until it is. The quest item is sometimes different so you may get a bonesaw, you may get something else.

1. Once you have the quest item transfer it to your stash (make sure you do this before you enter Foundation).

2. Then fast travel to Foundation and the 'Vital Equipment' quest should pop up if you haven't obtained it already.

3. Transfer the quest item from your stash in Foundation to your inventory and then transfer it back to your stash. 

4. Leave the server and join a new server.

5. Remove the quest item from your stash.

6. Talk to Ward and select the third option (or whatever gives you more rep).

7. Put the quest item back in your stash. 

Repeat steps 2 to 7 and voila! Infinite XP. Enjoy!

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Hello fellow Vault dwellers,  I am sharing this video because it's come to my attention that many folks aren't aware that the Settlers faction also has a much faster way to max out your rep with them. In addition, you get lots of character XP so it helps with the 'Fallout Forever' trophy as well. The only thing I would recommend doing differently than in this video is to put the item in the stash again before leaving the server, rather than the ground, as it's much safer. Enjoy!

Could you please add a bit more to the OP so that it follows the video guidelines listed below? Otherwise,  it's subject for removal. 

The thread (not video) must include the following:

• A brief overview of the game itself so to create a basis of discussion to talk on the game.
  • A brief estimate of difficulty and time for completing the game.
  • Some basic level of explanation of completing the objective that you are guiding someone. The explanation does not need to be to the extent of a standard guide and is not moderated by the team, but some effort must be put into the explanation and not just one or two sentences.

The idea is to create relevance to such threads beyond being a platform to advertise websites and YouTube channels. Being that it is a forum post, it primarily must have a basis in which to discuss the content and thus a redirection to foreign sites is not relevant for discussion. What is presented in the thread must be able to stand on its own. Again, if it cannot stand on it's own and does not invite discussion, it will be removed.

Essentially, this would mean that threads that are exclusively a video and nothing else would be removed. If you are unsure if your guide meets the standards, add a little extra to it and make it thorough in the description.

Thank you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Could you please add a bit more to the OP so that it follows the video guidelines listed below? Otherwise,  it's subject for removal. 

The thread (not video) must include the following:

• A brief overview of the game itself so to create a basis of discussion to talk on the game.
  • A brief estimate of difficulty and time for completing the game.
  • Some basic level of explanation of completing the objective that you are guiding someone. The explanation does not need to be to the extent of a standard guide and is not moderated by the team, but some effort must be put into the explanation and not just one or two sentences.

The idea is to create relevance to such threads beyond being a platform to advertise websites and YouTube channels. Being that it is a forum post, it primarily must have a basis in which to discuss the content and thus a redirection to foreign sites is not relevant for discussion. What is presented in the thread must be able to stand on its own. Again, if it cannot stand on it's own and does not invite discussion, it will be removed.

Essentially, this would mean that threads that are exclusively a video and nothing else would be removed. If you are unsure if your guide meets the standards, add a little extra to it and make it thorough in the description.

Thank you!

Oops sorry, I've never done this before. I'll edit my OP later as it will take a bit of time and I'm not in a position to do that right now. (It's not my video btw) :) 

14 minutes ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Oops sorry, I've never done this before. I'll edit my OP later as it will take a bit of time and I'm not in a position to do that right now. (It's not my video btw) :) 

All good! Still helpful to follow these rules regardless because it's not always easy for mods to tell. xD

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

This is probably patched, because those items doesn't spawn anymore if we don't have daily quest. I tried running all locations for like an hour and nothing. 

Have you progressed to the point where you can obtain the quest though and are you going to the exact location where it spawns? According to some of the comments on the youtube video it was working as of August 2022. 

I don't have the game installed right now and have no space for it, otherwise I'd test it myself.

On 20/10/2022 at 4:51 PM, Patrickosan said:

Of course, I've finished whole wastelanders campaign. 

The glitch with item laying in the ground has been fixed long time ago. There was also another way, with killing courier with item, leaving server and coming back to the same server, but this also has been fixed. 

hmm ok, that's a shame then. They must have fixed it with the Pitt DLC because according to a comment on youtube it was working as late as August this year.

It was also working like a charm when I did it at the time when going for the trophy but that was earlier in the year - I just assumed everyone knew the faster method otherwise I would have posted this back then.

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, JNSpradlin said:

This does not work anymore. I can get the item on the ground, but once I server hop, the quest does not pop back up.

So the quest item does still spawn on the ground? 

Not sure  what you mean by 'pop back up'. When you fast travel to Foundation that's when the quest should pop up on the screen.

The first time you server hop the quest wouldn't pop up again as it should just be in your quest log.

18 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

So the quest item does still spawn on the ground? 

Not sure  what you mean by 'pop back up'. When you fast travel to Foundation that's when the quest should pop up on the screen.

The first time you server hop the quest wouldn't pop up again as it should just be in your quest log.

Thats what I mean, the quest says completed already when I server hop the second time. Its not available again.

Edited by JNSpradlin

On 22/10/2022 at 11:05 PM, Patrickosan said:

It's not a problem. Doing those rep quests takes like 10-20 minutes, so I will be doing it before playing some other game until trophy pop. 

btw the method is very similar to the one in this video which was working as of October 25th. The item does spawn on the ground, it's just that sometimes you can get unlucky and go a few server hops without the spawn. However, the workaround in this video has also apparently been patched in the Fallout anniversary update lol. There's always crazy new stuff being discovered all the time so just keep tabs on 76 youtube.

• 4 weeks later...

Some events give you Rep for the factions

- Moonshine Jamboree gives you Raider Rep Points

- Eviction Notice gives you Foundation Rep Points

I'm not sure if there are others because I've ignored the one that are not worth doing but you can get a fair amount of rep just by doing events when they pop up, Eviction Notice is the best event in the game imo as it will gives you a lot of legendary items, Jamboree is great for caps if you need them as you can sell the Gulper Innards for a lot , even better if you cook them first then sell, you can get up to 1000 caps from that event alone.  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 09/11/2022 at 5:05 PM, Vault-TecPhantom said:

btw the method is very similar to the one in this video which was working as of October 25th. The item does spawn on the ground, it's just that sometimes you can get unlucky and go a few server hops without the spawn. However, the workaround in this video has also apparently been patched in the Fallout anniversary update lol. There's always crazy new stuff being discovered all the time so just keep tabs on 76 youtube.

That trick has also been patched :(. In the end, I just followed the tips in this video:

Some of these tips don't award much Rep but every little bit helps.