Trophy thoughts???

sweatysock47

5 minutes ago, NMErickson said:

Only wish it had a PS5 version as well.

I'd imagine this is because most sims are rather clunky and not visually demanding. Although I'll be glad when Sony drops last gen support so maybe these titles get a small boost.

As for the trophies, I always appreciate a clean "just play and enjoy our game" list. Game itself looks like is has a good amount of content to keep you occupied. Plus steam has a couple DLC listed already so we know there will be more to come. Think I'll pick this up on Thursday (PS Store has is listed for 10/20).

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

I'd imagine this is because most sims are rather clunky and not visually demanding. Although I'll be glad when Sony drops last gen support so maybe these titles get a small boost.

As for the trophies, I always appreciate a clean "just play and enjoy our game" list. Game itself looks like is has a good amount of content to keep you occupied. Plus steam has a couple DLC listed already so we know there will be more to come. Think I'll pick this up on Thursday (PS Store has is listed for 10/20).

Totally makes sense! Although I sure wish they’d make a PS5 version. 

• Like 2

Be warned going into this game. The Steam version has had bugged achievements since release & hasn't been fixed. While you still CAN earn them on Steam, they're extremely finicky with counting towards the achievements. If you care for your completion or want to avoid glitched/bugged trophies, I'd wait until the game has been out for a bit until buying it just to be safe

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

Be warned going into this game. The Steam version has had bugged achievements since release & hasn't been fixed. While you still CAN earn them on Steam, they're extremely finicky with counting towards the achievements. If you care for your completion or want to avoid glitched/bugged trophies, I'd wait until the game has been out for a bit until buying it just to be safe

Going by the PSN numbers, it looks like 8 trophies are bugged :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

Life saving response! Appreciate the info so much :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

I'm genuinely unsure if anything is bugged, the one person with access has made steady progress. They was at 40(ish)% yesterday and is now at 70(ish)%. Guess we'll have to see if they finish it. 1f914.png

I noticed the person still has yet to get the "Pranks? Nope!" Trophy for scaring off Dennis while he's pretty late into the game. Dennis is introduced extremely early in the game & scaring him off is as easy as throwing trash at him to get him to run away from tagging up your store. This achievement is also finicky with unlocking on PC & both me & my brother haven't managed to unlock it despite scaring him off multiple times. Now, it could just be that the person hasn't attempt to scare off Dennis since he's an annoyance at most & isn't really required to scare off since you can fix all the problems he causes in about a minute or 2 anyway.

Either way, it's still too early to tell if anything is truly bugged/glitched yet, unlocked or not, since there's only one player so far & as I mentioned before, all the achievements are still earnable on PC, just extremely finicky with counting towards them. For example. "Further Cleaning!" will still unlock once you've cleaned 25 floor stains, but not every floor stain would be counted towards the achievement total.

Now, something else I haven't mentioned is this trophy list is VERY different from the PC list in terms of the achievements. It's missing A LOT of them, & some of the bugged ones aren't even in this list, such as "Stand? Not a problem" for washing 50 cars on PC.

Edited by ObsiEez
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

Now, something else I haven't mentioned is this trophy list is VERY different from the PC list in terms of the achievements. It's missing A LOT of them, & some of the bugged ones aren't even in this list, such as "Stand? Not a problem" for washing 50 cars on PC.

I think Sony has a limit on how many trophy points can be allocated to a game, it’s why Slime Rancher is missing a lot of the achievements it has on other platforms. Of course they might have raised/removed the limit since then and the developer just didn’t want to include those trophies for whatever reason.

Either way, I remember watching a YouTuber play this and he made it look incredibly silly and fun so I’ll probably get it at some point

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Majin-Pablito said:

The game is very cool and simple, the majority of trophies can be obtained in 10 or 12 hours. The problem is on the level 9 and 10 trophies. It's very LONG. I think it takes 50 hours to get to level 10. that's why nobody got platinum yet.

Yeah I'm about 3/4 of the way through 6 and it already feels like a crawl. The game is enjoyable and honestly rather relaxing, given how chaotic it can get. I wonder how fast console will receive updates, I know PC has a few DLC and free updates already.

Was clearing sand last night and found the car wash sign, but googling it, it isn't part of the base game. Then I keep looking at other updates, a lot of cool things to come that would make the grind to 10 more enjoyable... but I'm fairly certain I'll hit 10 before even the first update.

Still super fun and worth the 20$!

On 24.10.2022 at 7:55 AM, Majin-Pablito said:

The problem is on the level 9 and 10 trophies. It's very LONG. I think it takes 50 hours to get to level 10. that's why nobody got platinum yet.

I just got to level 8 and the save file says: 61 hours. GET OUT OF HERE!!! Jesus, the game was fun until I started grinding the last 3 levels. I am literally scanning items to farm f-ing likes. Because it is the fastest way. If I get lucky, I get one like from one of the other two (fueling, reparing)... But even then, it will be not fun and it will take too many hours.

1 hour ago, Don_Chipotle said:

the game is fun?

the game is simple or it requieres some skills like, lets say civilization games?

The game is mostly simple and fun. In the beginning it is very chill but the more you progress, the more hectic it gets. I had phases were I was constantly running around trying to do everything at once. The storage space is very limited and you have to juggle all the items you sell and car parts around. When you level up your gas station you can also upgrade your storage.

The trophies are mostly simple and easy, except for the endgame grind. You get likes for your service, which levels up your gas station popularity. I’ve been doing nothing but scanning items to farm likes. It is beyon boring but I am commited (not sure if it is worth it.) I have not counted but at the moment 10 satisfied customers add 1% of popluarity. Each level increases the required likes for 1%. I am at level 8.  :(

There is also a race track. I struggled quite a bit with that - you have to beat the race track in under 1:02 for a trophy. (A more skilled player could have done it much quicker than me)

So, it is a mixed bag. It has a lot of fun parts. I enjoy a good simulator game, but some of the trophies make it a not fun grind fest.

Edited by scoreaddict
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, scoreaddict said:

I just got to level 8 and the save file says: 61 hours. GET OUT OF HERE!!! Jesus, the game was fun until I started grinding the last 3 levels.

Yeah it's actual insanity, I've asked in their Discord and it seems to just be the way it is. I've noticed that "end game challenges" seem to have broken and don't appear anymore (maybe that's just me), but that happened when I hit Pop7. Challenges give money / popularity so that slows it down even more, I let the devs know of the bug.

Really though I'm just going to wait for the PC DLC to come to console before I go for Pop10. I'm also at 60+ hours and feel I've gotten all I can out of the current amount of content.

Platinum took me 57 hours, 39 or so in the "Endgame". Cash Register and Fuel always by myself. If an NPC is doing this I would estimate an average of 150 hours or so because even on Level 10 they are bad and you get perhaps 1 Popularity every 5-10 Customers.