No online trophies, right?

Xillynoc

With the announcement of EA shutting down servers for this game early next year, I scanned the trophy list a few times but didn't see anything pertaining to an online connection or any sort of multiplayer. Am I right to believe that they're just taking down Time Trial leaderboards that won't actually affect the plat, or am I missing something about one of the trophies here? The guide hasn't marked any as online, so I'm assuming not.

• Like 2

On 18.10.2022 at 7:49 AM, wltrsjcwvita said:

The game has no specific online trophies, this is true.

However, one thing to keep in mind is that this game is (to some extent) prone to save data corruption, which happened to me around 60-70% of my time trial runs. The only saving grace that prevented me from giving up on this game was the online leaderboards storing the amount of stars that I had up to this point, so I only had to unlock the time trials again to continue.

I know people are definitely sick to death of rushing these server closures out at this point, but if you are going to take your time with this game post-shutdown, make regular save backups as it might be all you have if your save corrupts.

If you are playing offline at all times there is no save-data problem. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 17/10/2022 at 8:30 AM, Desavenencia said:

Yeah...

You don't have to worry; it's as you suppose. The game doesn't have online trophies, but you have the option to play connected to the servers or to play offline.

It's been years since I completed this game 100% and to do so I always logged out of PlayStation Network before starting the game to avoid connecting to the servers by mistake. Although you don't need the servers for 100%, it seems that the game distinguishes between the times of your races against the clock played online from those that have been played offline. In other words, if you don't want to have to repeat a time trial, make sure you do them all the same way.

My recommendation is that you always play offline, because back in the day I started playing online and uploading my times to the servers, but later when I resumed the game years later, the servers used to give an error when uploading my times to the server for what I had some completed races in the "online list" and those that were not uploaded because of the EA servers were saved in the "local list" only.

Does this mean that you would lose your previously earned time trial stars if you only played online prior to server shutdown?

Edited by bikeman223

40 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

Does this mean that you would lose your previously earned time trial stars if you only played online prior to server shutdown?

bikeman223.png

It’s annoying, I know. The time trials that you complete while logged into the EA servers are independent of the races you complete offline. The former are saved on EA’s servers, while the latter are stored locally in your saved game file.

Once the EA servers are closed, all that information is lost, obviously. That was the reason why I warned you all back in the day.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Desavenencia said:

It’s annoying, I know. The time trials that you complete while logged into the EA servers are independent of the races you complete offline. The former are saved on EA’s servers, while the latter are stored locally in your saved game file.

Once the EA servers are closed, all that information is lost, obviously. That was the reason why I warned you all back in the day.

Oh, wait it seems that I did play offline back in the day and my 22 previously earned stars are safe. Phew that's a relief. 

• 9 months later...