Trophy thoughts?

NumberYak

Very nice list, the only thing I'm wondering about is whether or not we'll be able to upgrade everything in one run.  I believe that wasn't possible with the first game?  But in any case, this is a must-play for me, regardless of a trophy list.  Looking forward to it.

• Like 2

It clearly like the first one.

It is a quite perfect trophy list. It makes you explore the whole game and shows you what it has to offer without ruining the experience with difficulty trophies, speedrun or grind.

I cannot wait to play it but will keep it for my three weeks off late December so I can enjoy it even more I hope.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Timmah200 said:

Very nice list, the only thing I'm wondering about is whether or not we'll be able to upgrade everything in one run.  I believe that wasn't possible with the first game?  But in any case, this is a must-play for me, regardless of a trophy list.  Looking forward to it.

No you'll need New Game Plus to 100% all the upgrades.

At the end of my first game all three Skills were around 60% and I had fully upgraded only 3 of the 5 Equipments.

But I wasn't using a guide. ? 

On 10/17/2022 at 3:03 PM, Good_Sir_Matt_II said:

I really hope the name for Chapter 16 hasn't just spoiled the whole game. I know it's unlikely but still 1f605.png

Don't worry

Spoiler

King Hugo ?

in the beautiful intro sequence, also stay away from YouTube for obvious reasons.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Teh_Zombz said:

is it true that this game is locked at 30fps? anyone have a copy yet to confirm? its not that bad for a slow moving game like this but would prefer 60

EDIT: nevermind, a friend just told me it targets 60 on ps5 :)

No, it doesn't...

If you have a 60hz TV, the game loads up in 1440p at 30fps
If you have a 120hz TV then it'll load up in 1440p at 40fps
If you have a VRR TV then it'll load up in 1440 at either 60 or 120hz (based on what you've set your console to) and then be the same as above but with full support for low framerate compensation VRR.

I've asked the PR if the VRR mode unlocks the framerate but they've not come back to me yet, but it feels much smoother when playing in 120hz with VRR enabled. However, despite the mode you pick, you'll still experience low 20's fps when it's night, there are fires, and thousands of rats are on screen.

• Like 1

On 17/10/2022 at 3:58 PM, Jamescush147 said:

No you'll need New Game Plus to 100% all the upgrades.

At the end of my first game all three Skills were around 60% and I had fully upgraded only 3 of the 5 Equipments.

But I wasn't using a guide. 1f605.png 

I’m planning on blind playthrough for my first run, is the plat not too bad doing two playthrough or in hindsight would you use a guide on your first run?

11 hours ago, bethharmon said:

I’m planning on blind playthrough for my first run, is the plat not too bad doing two playthrough or in hindsight would you use a guide on your first run?

Blind first run. You will need to so a New Game Plus run anyways to 100% the Upgrades and Skills.

NG+ isn't that hard imo.

• Like 2

On 17.10.2022 at 4:03 PM, Good_Sir_Matt_II said:

I really hope the name for Chapter 16 hasn't just spoiled the whole game. I know it's unlikely but still 1f605.png

Well, it's a hidden trophy, so reading them is your personal risk ?

But no, the trophies or their names doesn't spoiler anything. But there could be big ones in the internet, so be careful.

On 18.10.2022 at 5:21 AM, communistwookiee said:

Ouch. I'm perfectly fine with it being 30 if it stays at 30. Low 20s is not good. No dynamic resolution changes?

I had the same "problem" in night scenes with big fires. It was still playable, but the framerate was going really low ? But during 95% of the game it was fine.

On 19.10.2022 at 10:27 AM, Siriodorione said:

So NG + can be done with active invincibility? 1f605.png

Not sure, I already have the platinum and didn't use that mode, didn't pay attention if it was available, but NG+ is locked to "ultimate" difficulty ... not sure if you can activete that mode there. A lot of settings were not available in ultimate mode

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Billie_691 said:

I had the same "problem" in night scenes with big fires. It was still playable, but the framerate was going really low 1f60c.png But during 95% of the game it was fine.

Yeah, I was worried before I played it, but I'm maybe half way through now and basically have the same opinion. Performance is fine 95% of the time, but there are some dips in really weird places. Not even because of rats or fires or large engagement of AI. Sometimes in cutscenes too.

Edited by communistwookiee

On 20/10/2022 at 7:04 PM, Billie_691 said:

Well, it's a hidden trophy, so reading them is your personal risk 1f605.png

But no, the trophies or their names doesn't spoiler anything. But there could be big ones in the internet, so be careful.

I had the same "problem" in night scenes with big fires. It was still playable, but the framerate was going really low 1f60c.png But during 95% of the game it was fine.

Not sure, I already have the platinum and didn't use that mode, didn't pay attention if it was available, but NG+ is locked to "ultimate" difficulty ... not sure if you can activete that mode there. A lot of settings were not available in ultimate mode

Yes you can play with invincible mode on NG+

31 minutes ago, ChibsSoA said:

Why would you say this? You just spoiled the game for me, and anyone else clicking into this topic who doesn't just look at all the names of hidden story chapter trophies (which I would assume is most people). Are you kidding me? That's such an absolute jerk move even if unintentional. I don't recall anything of the sort in the intro

The first objective in the intro say

Spoiler

Follow King Hugo

Just played it and you will see.

I was thinking about a way to sort of cheat some more XP in, so perhaps you only need 1 Playthrough and a few additional chapters if that.

Upgrades are easy enough as you can just max upgrade the tree that has a perk that removes the Tool cost.

For the Skill XP though, if you plan it so that you max a specific skill with a big XP reward. What I mean is some encounters gives 1%, 2% etc upwards to 10% being the biggest earner, which I'm yet to see anyway.

And so if you max a Skill with a 10% XP reward, you can reload the checkpoint after once you have the trophy, and then get that 10% XP put into something else then!!

You can in theory do this twice for an extra 20% XP total, of course you must be optimal will your skill levelling though so you focus on 1 at a time.

But with what looks like you getting 220% approx in 1 Playthrough out of a needed 300% for everything, an extra 20% can put that at almost 250% meaning not much needed in Chapter replays or NG+.

And if there are bigger rewards than 10%, then even better!!

Does anyone know if chests collected carries over to ng+? I missed one so can I just ignore all the others I got before and collect the last one in second playthrough for the trophy? I know finding knives is tough in ng+ so I'm trying to avoid a 3rd time if you have to get all 10 in a single run. 

Only Stealthy / Malignant and Fighter are a bit pain in the ass. I always recommend go for Stealthy first, and then Malignant (I ended the game with 100% stealthy, 25% fighter and 75% malignant), then achieve the rest in NG+. The rest are pretty easy and straightforward. If you follow PowerPyx guide, you won't miss any collectibles (and even if you miss any, you can take them in the chapter selection).

There could be an issue with the "Explorer" trophy, and is that sometimes the trophy track in the PS gets bugged and even if you pick up more secret chests, they are not counting. To fix it, just reinstall the game and continue. Also, to open them up you will need knives. The easier the difficulty, the more knives you will found. If you are playing Normal/Hard you can change the difficulty to Easy to make those extra knives respawn, take them, and go back to Normal/Hard if you want.

Edited by Galserik
  • Like 1