It's Finally Done! Platinumed.

Alley_Cat_8633

1 hour ago, Alley_Cat_8633 said:

It's taken me just over a year but it's done. The Diablo 2 Resurrected platinum is complete. I did it single player on PS5. All characters on hard-core. Game clock reads 636 hours, but it's actually over 700, given the amount of save scumming I did. Leveled doing mostly Baal runs. Switched to Diablo runs for the final 2 levels. I ran Diablo 3,756 times to get from level 98 to 99.

Avrg run time was 2m 30s. Anybody has any questions you can post them here and try my best to answer you.

That's great. Congratulation. I'm close to 98. What build did you have, what difficulty did you play? Did you just focus on the boss xp?

9 minutes ago, Entrepreneur9535 said:

That's great. Congratulation. I'm close to 98. What build did you have, what difficulty did you play? Did you just focus on the boss xp?

I used a Tesladin build for most of the time. Switched to a Hammerdin build once I got the enough gear to give me the fastest cast rate for Paladins. You must play on Hell difficulty. I also set the player count to 8 and just kept it there. I did focus on the boss xp but the mobs still give a tiny bit. I would just teleport around to the seals and kill the uniques as fast as possible. One tip I can give is to make sure you get a map with multiple chances for exp shrines to appear in the Chaos Sanctuary and activate it before killing Diablo. It saved me dozens of hours grinding.

It's taken me just over a year but it's done. The Diablo 2 Resurrected platinum is complete. I did it single player on PS5. All characters on hard-core. Game clock reads 636 hours, but it's actually over 700, given the amount of save scumming I did. Leveled doing mostly Baal runs. Switched to Diablo runs for the final 2 levels. I ran Diablo 3,756 times to get from level 98 to 99.

Avrg run time was 2m 30s. Anybody has any questions you can post them here and try my best to answer you.

You have the level of patience I could never hope to attain. Respect is much earned and given to you. What motivated you during the longest parts of the grind? How did you push through the monotony?

2 hours ago, Alley_Cat_8633 said:

I've been trying to get to lvl 99 for ages but never could get past lvl 85...
Can you please explain the "Save Scumming" part as I'm very much interested! lol
I thought uploading the save to the cloud didn't worked, but I might be wrong...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Schmitt_Wylde said:

I've been trying to get to lvl 99 for ages but never could get past lvl 85...
Can you please explain the "Save Scumming" part as I'm very much interested! lol
I thought uploading the save to the cloud didn't worked, but I might be wrong...

Yes that's what it means. Saving to the cloud works for offline characters only. Just make sure you turn off auto-upload. I used for more than when my character died. I used it to get great rolls on crafted items. Gambling for a unique item. Duping gems and runes. It was vital.

• Like 2

I used a Tesladin build for most of the time. Switched to a Hammerdin build once I got the enough gear to give me the fastest cast rate for Paladins. You must play on Hell difficulty. I also set the player count to 8 and just kept it there. I did focus on the boss xp but the mobs still give a tiny bit. I would just teleport around to the seals and kill the uniques as fast as possible. One tip I can give is to make sure you get a map with multiple chances for exp shrines to appear in the Chaos Sanctuary and activate it before killing Diablo. It saved me dozens of hours grinding.

Yea i play tesladin too but it feels not good in cs. Hammerdin is better but i hate to play it. I will do the math when i reach 98 and choose the best method.

On 10/17/2022 at 9:50 PM, Alley_Cat_8633 said:

Whatever your method is, this is to cope up the long hours of grinding. truly a reward for such a UR plat. Congratulations!

• Like 3

Congratulations!  I too am doing the offline ps5 single player method, been at it off and on for 2 months now, i tried the bnet way since launch and my hardcore lvl 99 progress ended at 97%, i havent been backing up to the cloud because im not fearful of dying anymore, my deaths on bnet were my own fault and i wont be making those same mistakes
currently i have my hardcore paladin (hammerdin) at lvl 94.5, im only doing players 8 chaos runs, mostly just seal bosses and diablo but i also stop for the occassional champion / elite packs along the way

baal just isnt worth the time chasing down with his teleport ability neither is the throne room because of wave 2 immunities

ive screwed around for like a week just crafting shit, literally only crafting, im missing out on leveling but i got life skillers for all classes now (for when i need to make my next characters) some nice 5%fhr / 5 all res sc’s, 5 all res / 7%mf sc’s, 20 life scs with single res mods etc,  even got the necessary gear to respec to smiter and rolled a pally torch my first try, even have mid/high roll torches for each class now, i was trying to reroll a blue diablo monarch for a jmod just because why not but it eventually vanished on me (duping isnt perfect), but i got a perfect anni sc on my 18th d clone fight, grand vizier dropped me a 29 res maras amulet, made all kinds of runewords with almost perfect stats, i just gota get my ass back to the grind of leveling

ive heard of people doing strictly d clone runs for the last 2 levels, im debating that for when i get to 97, im also kinda hoping they add terror zones to single player and then i can just download that patch and get this over and done with faster, anyways, congrats again!

• Like 1

On 19.10.2022 at 8:12 AM, Property_Damage said:

Congratulations!  I too am doing the offline ps5 single player method, been at it off and on for 2 months now, i tried the bnet way since launch and my hardcore lvl 99 progress ended at 97%, i havent been backing up to the cloud because im not fearful of dying anymore, my deaths on bnet were my own fault and i wont be making those same mistakes
currently i have my hardcore paladin (hammerdin) at lvl 94.5, im only doing players 8 chaos runs, mostly just seal bosses and diablo but i also stop for the occassional champion / elite packs along the way

baal just isnt worth the time chasing down with his teleport ability neither is the throne room because of wave 2 immunities

ive screwed around for like a week just crafting shit, literally only crafting, im missing out on leveling but i got life skillers for all classes now (for when i need to make my next characters) some nice 5%fhr / 5 all res sc’s, 5 all res / 7%mf sc’s, 20 life scs with single res mods etc,  even got the necessary gear to respec to smiter and rolled a pally torch my first try, even have mid/high roll torches for each class now, i was trying to reroll a blue diablo monarch for a jmod just because why not but it eventually vanished on me (duping isnt perfect), but i got a perfect anni sc on my 18th d clone fight, grand vizier dropped me a 29 res maras amulet, made all kinds of runewords with almost perfect stats, i just gota get my ass back to the grind of leveling

ive heard of people doing strictly d clone runs for the last 2 levels, im debating that for when i get to 97, im also kinda hoping they add terror zones to single player and then i can just download that patch and get this over and done with faster, anyways, congrats again!

Holy crap, so you died online bnet at level 97? May I ask to what you died? I would have rage quitted I think ^^ : I am using werebear shockwave on battlenet, it's kinda unkillable lol but also super boring to play, thinking about to switch over to lighting trap which I find much more interesting to play, but also a bit afraid cause light trap assassin is a bit more squishy to play and I dont wanna die on the way to 99 ^^

Edited by Afura_33

6 hours ago, Afura_33 said:

Holy crap, so you died online bnet at level 97? May I ask to what you died? I would have rage quitted I think ^^ : I am using werebear shockwave on battlenet, it's kinda unkillable lol but also super boring to play, thinking about to switch over to lighting trap which I find much more interesting to play, but also a bit afraid cause light trap assassin is a bit more squishy to play and I dont wanna die on the way to 99 ^^

Yeah unfortunately

Like i mentioned previously it was my own fault and i see my mistake

i was spec’d for max block with spirit shield and hoto but i decided to experiment with ondals staff in chaos sanctuary for the extra 5% bonus xp just to see how much of a margain it would increase vs just having a 10% xp anni sc, as mentioned, spec’d for hoto and spirit

therefore i now have zero block and my resistances dropped drastically

Now add a lower resistance curse ontop of my head and im literally in the negative for res, one fire nova from diablo deleted my character instantly

Edited by Property_Damage

22 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Yeah unfortunately

Like i mentioned previously it was my own fault and i see my mistake

i was spec’d for max block with spirit shield and hoto but i decided to experiment with ondals staff in chaos sanctuary for the extra 5% bonus xp just to see how much of a margain it would increase vs just having a 10% xp anni sc, as mentioned, spec’d for hoto and spirit

therefore i now have zero block and my resistances dropped drastically

Now add a lower resistance curse ontop of my head and im literally in the negative for res, one fire nova from diablo deleted my character instantly

Oh yes I see what you did, I did see a barb on youtube he was level 96 and switched weapon and shield to 2 x wizard spike for more cast rate for teleport and that's when did while teleporting to baal. But I can understand that it is tempting to use an ondals for 5% more exp since this grind is such a long ass crazy grind lol. How much life did your pala have?  

1 hour ago, Afura_33 said:

Oh yes I see what you did, I did see a barb on youtube he was level 96 and switched weapon and shield to 2 x wizard spike for more cast rate for teleport and that's when did while teleporting to baal. But I can understand that it is tempting to use an ondals for 5% more exp since this grind is such a long ass crazy grind lol. How much life did your pala have?  

I Dont remember honestly as its been a couple months since his death, he was a completely decked out character which is my usual end game goal for all my builds

He had atleast 3.2k life after call to arms (which was a +6bo roll) paired with spirit shield and everything else with +all skills that would boost my battle orders even higher; maras, bulkathos wedding band, shako, spirit, arachnid mesh, enigma, anni etc.

luckily now my paladins even stronger with even more life, 3.4k after buffs and growing with each remaining level gained due to have higher life skillers and better stats anni and torch, and instead of going with treks for boots im using hotspurs to push my fire res even further because thats what inevitably killed me to begin with, fire! Lol

3 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

I Dont remember honestly as its been a couple months since his death, he was a completely decked out character which is my usual end game goal for all my builds

He had atleast 3.2k life after call to arms (which was a +6bo roll) paired with spirit shield and everything else with +all skills that would boost my battle orders even higher; maras, bulkathos wedding band, shako, spirit, arachnid mesh, enigma, anni etc.

luckily now my paladins even stronger with even more life, 3.4k after buffs and growing with each remaining level gained due to have higher life skillers and better stats anni and torch, and instead of going with treks for boots im using hotspurs to push my fire res even further because thats what inevitably killed me to begin with, fire! Lol

Over 3k is fine as long as you have also good defense which your paladin probabyl had. 
I agree hotspurs are pretty good, always a good idea in hardcore to overcap your resistances, I did the same with lightning traded me a thundergod's vigor. 

3 hours ago, Afura_33 said:

Over 3k is fine as long as you have also good defense which your paladin probabyl had. 
I agree hotspurs are pretty good, always a good idea in hardcore to overcap your resistances, I did the same with lightning traded me a thundergod's vigor. 

Definately overcap them if you can

i was trying to hit all the breakpoints, fcr, fhr etc for style points

i was running treks for the added fhr and vitality stats but hammerdins rarely get put into hit recovery because concentration makes it so your hammers are basically uninterruptable, thats more of a physical damage output side effect so therefore i did away with them and im definately seeing results with having to use less and less full rejuvs each chaos run i do wearing hotspurs, i only needed thundergods when i respec’d to smite to do torch runs

other than that now that im back to hammers and only doing players 8 chaos runs, lightning isnt an issue there, just fire

8 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Definately overcap them if you can

i was trying to hit all the breakpoints, fcr, fhr etc for style points

i was running treks for the added fhr and vitality stats but hammerdins rarely get put into hit recovery because concentration makes it so your hammers are basically uninterruptable, thats more of a physical damage output side effect so therefore i did away with them and im definately seeing results with having to use less and less full rejuvs each chaos run i do wearing hotspurs, i only needed thundergods when i respec’d to smite to do torch runs

other than that now that im back to hammers and only doing players 8 chaos runs, lightning isnt an issue there, just fire

Yea hitting all defensive breakpoints is a must if you wanna survive till 99 without dying. But I have to admit on my werebear I am not on max. faster hit recovery either, I do have 6,5k life and 8k defense, the chance being hit by a monster is very low lol, I don't really need it. 

You could try to use a dwarf star for the fire issue, the fire absorb works wonder on it. 

2 hours ago, Afura_33 said:

Yea hitting all defensive breakpoints is a must if you wanna survive till 99 without dying. But I have to admit on my werebear I am not on max. faster hit recovery either, I do have 6,5k life and 8k defense, the chance being hit by a monster is very low lol, I don't really need it. 

You could try to use a dwarf star for the fire issue, the fire absorb works wonder on it. 

Youll never hit the top fhr breakpoints on any character, i had the 2nd best which is actually obtainable, but top tier fhr isnt feasable, d2jsp.org has a breakdown of all the breakpoints and the #1 fhr breakpoint is literallly impossible to get, you need thousands which even with hero editor you cant even get

I probably shoulda used dwarfstar

when i weapon swapped on my pally who died but now my fire res is at 90% and barely hurts me now