It's Finally Done! Platinumed.

Alley_Cat_8633

1 hour ago, Property_Damage said:

Youll never hit the top fhr breakpoints on any character, i had the 2nd best which is actually obtainable, but top tier fhr isnt feasable, d2jsp.org has a breakdown of all the breakpoints and the #1 fhr breakpoint is literallly impossible to get, you need thousands which even with hero editor you cant even get

I probably shoulda used dwarfstar

when i weapon swapped on my pally who died but now my fire res is at 90% and barely hurts me now

Yea better to achieve a realistic amount of fhr, guess it is the best thing you can do. 

An other cool thing about the paladin is that you can increase your resistances cap with your skills like resist fire, resist cold and resist lighting. 

11 hours ago, Afura_33 said:

Yea better to achieve a realistic amount of fhr, guess it is the best thing you can do. 

An other cool thing about the paladin is that you can increase your resistances cap with your skills like resist fire, resist cold and resist lighting. 

Thats exactly what ive done

every 2 hard points grants you an additional +1 resistance into that specific resistance skill you choose

i used to just dump my leftover remaining skill points into holy shield since my hammers and synergies were all maxed out but ive done away with that method now, 1 hard point into HS is all you need (since the returns are very diminishing anyways) and plus the rest of your gear will fluff it up even more not that it really matters unless you were a smiter because thats the only skill that synergizes with hs

so now ive took those extra 20 or so something skill points i used to put into hs and now ive pushed my fire and light res even higher, more so fire than lightning but you got the idea

11 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Thats exactly what ive done

every 2 hard points grants you an additional +1 resistance into that specific resistance skill you choose

i used to just dump my leftover remaining skill points into holy shield since my hammers and synergies were all maxed out but ive done away with that method now, 1 hard point into HS is all you need (since the returns are very diminishing anyways) and plus the rest of your gear will fluff it up even more not that it really matters unless you were a smiter because thats the only skill that synergizes with hs

so now ive took those extra 20 or so something skill points i used to put into hs and now ive pushed my fire and light res even higher, more so fire than lightning but you got the idea

Yea it's awesome that you can overcap it naturally with a paladin. Sounds like you are perfectly ready to go to level 99 :)

• 4 months later...

Finally done platinium aswell, terror zones made it w LOT easier, I manage to get to lvl 97 and get 3 bars of exp on baal/dia runs, but with terror zones it was so much faster. Still took it over a year and 600 hours. Had problems to get "I like the heat" trophy - had to rekill baal on all classes, but it finallly popped hurrayy :-)   As for the terror zones - Tomb and Tal Rash worked the best for my class (javazon).