New method to earn DIY PMC trophy - NOW DEEMED LEGIT!

mrzizich

I hope this becomes an allowed method, I'd love to have this game completed on my profile, unfortunately, I played it and earned I think one trophy back before I cared to earn them and about completion, so it stuck on my profile.

If this is allowed then my next hope is that someone finds a way to bring the PS Home Servers back and also Crysis 2, kinda like how they did with demon's souls, I don't think it'll be possible for Black Ops 2 to ever become obtainable again  :(

Seems like site allows you to simply upload image so it seems like game just wants to download it back.

I have the game done for years so i won't use it but its really cool that someone made it for a community (although a bit late). Not sure what leaderboard team says here (and nothing will surprise me)

• Like 1

!
I want to try this on alt, but again I have problems with starting and cofiguring this MaraDNS, like when I was fighting with it for GoneSpy and Unreal.

Will keep trying anyway, waiting in the meanwhile for CRT's decision.

Edited by Smashero

Ok guys, this "method" works:

MhAvFPQ.jpg
MyjBTnF.jpg
vX7banf.jpg

So...

ip4["easo.ea.com."] = "110.232.114.67"

@mrzizichIf you are somehow related to the creators of this brilliant method... What should I say... Contact them with PSNP CRT ASAP?...
Damn... That would be something...

You still need to JOIN versus match to pop the trophy, so TIME IS TICKING!

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 4

Genuine question, what could be the reason to go against this method? I get the whole rule list regarding these thing, but say this is the last MP someone needs, what reason they have to be against it? Apart from unlocking the mask there won’t be any manipulation to get the rest of the trophies. Personally I’ve done both the JP and international version apart from the mask trophy and it seems kinda silly that I won’t have the plat due to a trophy requiring zero skill and only being in the right time in the right place when the site was still up. There is a solution here. No anger just sheer curiosity.

I doubt this will be approved.

"Set your DNS to point easo.ea.com at 110.232.114.67 and run the game."

These are the instructions. It's a custom private server on another address, as far as I remember Demon's Souls custom servers work similarly, just adding a different DNS, even PSONE works this way for Warhawk. They are private servers and non open-source, CRT will definitely not approve this.

CORRECTION: There's a custom server emulator available on Github for Demon's Souls.

If the creators of this AO2 provides us with a Github repository, CRT should approve it as legit too.

Edited by EdinhoN
  • Like 1

Really shouldn't be labelling this as a legit method in your title without actually confirming from CRT that it won't get you flagged. 

Edit: also a bit fishy that you state this as a legit official method... But you yourself have yet to use this method to unlock the trophy. 

Edited by Azure Kite