New method to earn DIY PMC trophy - NOW DEEMED LEGIT!

mrzizich

18 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

I'm glad TA won't allow it. At least one site understands keeping the integrity of the original achievement. I get that this site has decided to allow it, but it's not legit.  IMO everyone that's used "Fan-made" external methods to pop a trophies has forever tainted their accounts, and it's sad to see some previously highly respected accounts on the list. 

Of course, I feel the same about Gonespy. That was a can of worms PSNP decided to open and allow, and now it's all fair game. Open Source/Closed Source/random people setting up online apps people can use...it really doesn't make a difference to me. People used external sources made by other people to pop trophies they should not have been able to. 

I realize A LOT of people will disagree with me. That's fine, it's your account and PSNP has said it's somehow OK to do. I can't imagine you are going to say anything to change my mind, i've read all the arguments supporting it to date, and just don't agree. 

this post got me thinking

what if, for whatever reason, this site falls off map because of some new, better trophy site (its possible... look at what happened to pst.org)

and that new site has different rules for what is deemed legit from this one.. and certain loopholes that are allowed here (debug menus, open source servers for officially dead games) aren't allowed over there... 

now lots of ppl might suddenly find themselves labelled as "cheaters" lol

5 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

this post got me thinking

what if, for whatever reason, this site falls off map because of some new, better trophy site (its possible... look at what happened to pst.org)

and that new site has different rules for what is deemed legit from this one.. and certain loopholes that are allowed here (debug menus, open source servers for officially dead games) aren't allowed over there... 

On 10/19/2022 at 4:25 AM, MMDE said:

Just go for it guys, but use the actual method and not something else.

However, I can't approve on behalf of other sites.

35 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

*snip*

Another site could also deem trophies earned on a specific date to be illigitimate if they are earned via changing the clock on the system. Boosting itself could be considered cheating there as well.

There really isn't a limit to arbitrary rules for any website that pops up, but I agree that it's fun to think about and you can learn what each hunter considers legit and what they deem dirty. Which I always found fascinating.

• Like 1

I'm sure just like me, many others have started asking themselves the same question...does it even matter that a third-party tracking site is gonna label you as a "cheater"? Someone here has already mentioned it...but these sites have nothing to do with Sony and follow their (sometimes arbitrary) rules.

I'm definitely swaying more and more to not caring about flags here...as long as stuff is obtained through "legitimate" workarounds - it's all good in my book. Maybe I'd even go for Black Ops 2's Big Leagues and gun for COD's complete series because of that. Reevaluating your values mid-way through something is not ideal but there's nothing wrong with it

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

That's why i chose to stay far away from using these "loopholes" not worth the risk and also i don't have to play absolutely everything and using debug menu to pop trophies is just sad.

13 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Game is still on and a portion of my plans for today fell through. Am I crazy enough to stack this with high odds the servers might just close on my face halfway through?

If I had the JP stack available, I'd join you in a heartbeat but shipping from Japan to Slovakia takes ages.

You should go for it, just going by GMT times, the severs should be up for around 6 more hours.

I checked 15 minutes ago and it was just fine...
Let me check again: Yeah, they're down.

MASK!
Also can not be even downloaded, so I would state that this method is not longer... Possible? Any "DIY PMC" after this date won't be valid... I guess...

Edited by Smashero

4 minutes ago, Smashero said:

I checked 15 minutes ago and it was just fine...
Let me check again: Yeah, the're down.

MASK!
Also can not be even downloaded, so I would state that this method is not longer... Possible? Any "DIY PMC" after this date won't be valid... I guess...

I was kinda hoping they were hosted elsewhere so that you could use the mask in SP, but it seems like wishful thinking.

I don't mean to scare anyone and big kudos to @MMDE for adressing the flags so quickly, but I hope most of you took some sort of a proof of the mask trophy. God willing you won't need it, but... things happen. 

Now I just wonder how high the trophy rarity will go, because for a game like this, below 1% is absurd IMO.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Executioner0 said:

No method will work for the mask since you need to enter an online game. I can list all the people who used my server for uploads.

Maybe to be provided directly to CRT for their use in case of some disputes related to that trophy? I think it could be helpful for them in some "shady" cases?

Not sure if I should ask, but can you at least share the amount of individual IDs who used your site?

Edited by Smashero

On 19/10/2022 at 8:53 PM, TheYuriG said:

I prepped the online for the WW stack, but I don't have it in me to get the JPN stack done before the alleged shutdown tomorrow.

If we get the shutdown to be postponed by a week or to match the shutdown of Mercenaries 2 (also from EA), then I'll consider stacking, but tomorrow my life will be super busy and it should be even harder to find boosters for the 16 waves of Extraction. I already went through a world of pain to get it done with 3 people today.

I somewhat regret chasing this shutdown for a series completion of which I only had 1/3 games done. I basically put away my entire life routine (other than working out at 6AM) to chase the trophies of this game today. I'm not this type of person anymore. Maybe I'm just bitter because I'm not going to have enough time to turn an incomplete series into a complete one, I don't know.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_2022-10-19_20-24-32.png?width

Thank you @VI_WI, you are literally a gamer and half.

Thanks lol. Glad it all worked out in the end