New method to earn DIY PMC trophy - NOW DEEMED LEGIT!

mrzizich

To be honest I can kinda also see reasoning why this wouldn't be seen as a legit method... 

Is it possible to confirm when this method was created? 

If not then it opens the floodgates for all the hundreds of people flagged in the past to use this method as an excuse to have their flag lifted. 

Edited by Azure Kite
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Azure Kite said:

If not then it opens the floodgates for all the hundreds of people flagged in the past to use this method as an excuse to have their flag lifted. 

So it just have to be determined since when this method is known. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Smashero said:

So it just have to be determined since when this method is known. 

I mean at the end of the day it needs to be approved by CRT and fit within the leaderboard rules. 

I was just offering an example of why letting this slide could end up being a bad thing. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

@mrzizich Do you know the creators of the website? What they are doing is quite simple in the end, and should be easy to host the code locally and open-source on Github, that would certainly be allowed by the CRT as it would be exactly a Gonespy situation.

The issue there would be getting that done in time before the servers close in a couple of days... Not likely. 

2 minutes ago, Azure Kite said:

The issue there would be getting that done in time before the servers close in a couple of days... Not likely. 

It should be really simple to set a local server, it's just a matter of posting the code on Github. It probably runs already in Node or something similar, so it's basically one command to run it locally and a few adjustments. The hardest part would be how the packages are handled to process the mask in-game, but that's done already. It's worth a shot, if we can identify who did it (the only real problem would be if they obtained illegal proprietary code through leaks or something to put this mask service up again, then forget it).

17 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

It should be really simple to set a local server, it's just a matter of posting the code on Github. It probably runs already in Node or something similar, so it's basically one command to run it locally and a few adjustments. The hardest part would be how the packages are handled to process the mask in-game, but that's done already. It's worth a shot, if we can identify who did it (the only real problem would be if they obtained illegal proprietary code through leaks or something to put this mask service up again, then forget it).

Honestly, I'm half expecting this to be a real easy thing.

It could be as easy as:

1. Resize image and save it in "png" or "jpg" format.
  2. When game contacts the server, it either uses some url, query params or body to specify the PSN user it wants the image for, and then it just returns the image.
  3. It may be the image needs to be returned in some specific way, like part of a response body with the PSN user specified or something.

If you could sniff the packets, you could easily figure this out. If you can do this, you can try to send it to me on discord, and I might write the project myself. If it's as simple as pointed out above, it wouldn't take me much more than an hour or something to put together, however, it would be with no security whatsoever, just for running it locally on a PHP server or something.

Just now, Executioner0 said:

I am the creator of the web site, I created it to help everyone be able to get this trophy in the name of "fairness" since it was unfairly shut down by EA who will never keep their servers up "until the end of time", I may well release the source code tomorrow morning, but, somehow, I don't think that will make much difference here after my recent experience.

Well, there we go... How far off was I? ?

Edited by MMDE

2 minutes ago, Executioner0 said:

I am the creator of the web site, I created it to help everyone be able to get this trophy in the name of "fairness" since it was unfairly shut down by EA who will never keep their servers up "until the end of time", I may well release the source code tomorrow morning, but, somehow, I don't think that will make much difference here after my recent experience.

Thanks for the fantastic work! I hope everything goes well and CRT can deem this as legit! Even though it will be usable for 1 or 2 days I guess it will save many of our plats haha.

9 minutes ago, Executioner0 said:

Thank you for your work!
I hope everything goes well and CRT can deem this as legit!

1 minute ago, MMDE said:

Oh? So there is something special required for the request and response?

@Executioner0 I'm curious about the process and will definitely analyse your code when you release it to give insights for other servers shutdowns. I've tried to create such fixes for some similar trophies in the past and failed miserably in my attempts

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Executioner0 said:

Damn Exec, you the man.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bilal said:

which image do I upload?

Any image, the site resizes the uploaded image to the correct sizes and renames them to suit you PSN ID.

If anyone has this game on XBox and can do packet captures of requests to the easo web site, they could let me know the "game" value and the same code could also be used for XBox.

... Back in 8 hours or so.

Edited by Executioner0
  • Like 2