New method to earn DIY PMC trophy - NOW DEEMED LEGIT!

mrzizich

8 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

The majority of the team is not in agreement.

Now its only 2 days left....you would be reward the people who going to do it in the last hours and leaving almost no time to finish, most have no time to leave it and do it this late, we have jobs and real life.

How would be that fair against players who did the multiplayer right after they heard about the shutdown?

if this method would be made earlier then im sure everyone would be using this method instead the save file.

Now leave then both methods flaggable, or both accepted and make an exception cuz this is just too late now.

This is my opinion

Servers are gonna close soon, so it's gonna be a quick action. If this will ever be approved as legit, it would be useful to know from a CRT member if we should take a video/anything else as proof that we used this method ecc to avoid misunderstanding and future flags.

Edit:

I'm confused if this is approved or still under discussion/voting by the CRT

Edited by ddrakner

Ok, since I am already receiving a lot of questions in regards how to do it, I will allow myself to post "pseudo-guide"

(some lines copied from @Executioner0 website - asking for permission here :/).

It is really for dummies and I have no clue if you will get some other errors, issues, etc. Do not ask :]

Windows mode of course:

Follow this link and proceed as mentioned in 1st post
http://trophyhunters.net/

Create new shortcut on desktop.
Type: cmd (enter, enter).

Right-click on newly created shortcut -> Properties - > Advanced -> Check: Run as administrator.

Download https://maradns.samiam.org/download/3.5/3.5.0023/maradns-3-5-0023-win32.zip and unzip it -> c:\maradns-3-5-0023-win32

Modify the dwood3rc.txt, changing the bind address to your PC's LAN IP (192.168.1.5 in the example):

bind_address="192.168.1.5"

Also change

recursive_acl = "192.168.1.1/16" (first three numbers have to be same as in your IP address)

Add an ip4 entry pointing the desired server (easo.ea.com in the example) to this server 110.232.114.67 in the ip4 section at the end of the file:

ip4["easo.ea.com."] = "110.232.114.67"

Run CMD from your desktop. If you are familiar with DOS commands, you know what to do:

cd /
cd maradns-3-5-0023-win32
install

You shall get that info at the end:

The Deadwood DNS cache http://maradns.org/deadwood service was started successfully.

Start your PS3 and configure your network (custom) typing as DNS your PC's IP address - (192.168.1.5 in the example).

Test Inet connection.
If works -> good luck.

After everything you can do:

net stop deadwood

deadwood --remove

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, MMDE said:

I've long since posted this, and I removed a flag related to it.

All it does is give some basic server config/info to the game, even a "message of the day".

Then there's a simulated network "storage" that the game requests that DIY image from. First the game asks for info about the if there is any images for the user, and server responds with an xml file with some info about them (512x512 png + a "thumbnail"). Later the game requests the image for the user, and the server responds with the image.

Make your own mask, DIY, that 512x512 png image, like when the service was available to make it, and you got yourself that trophy. As I said, see little reason to not approve it, the only reason would be it is not exactly the same action as before to earn it. You don't need to use some web site gui EA made, and pulled way too soon, to make it.

Let's see if you can do this with some clip art and photoshop/paint.

And you probably didn't need to add anything at all...

I would recommend against doing a penis or something graphic, anything that could get you banned by Sony, but I bet you could draw a penis back then too with some of the clip art or pencil tool or something.

That's not a good reason if someone is againt because "the website is not available anymore". On Saints Row 3 you're also not actually uploading a character to the server, just faking a succesful response with a dns redirector and that's already approved. I don't see any good reasons to not approve this method. It does not go against the spirit of the rules we have on this website (like the save file method) and nobody will get an actual advantage on the leaderboards (nobody will be surpassed because someone got a plat using this legit and safe method)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Ok, since I am already receiving a lot of questions in regards how to do it, I will allow myself to post "pseudo-guide"

(some lines copied from @Executioner0 website - asking for permission here :/).

It is really for dummies and I have no clue if you will get some other errors, issues, etc. Do not ask :]

Windows mode of course:

Follow this link and proceed as mentioned in 1st post
http://trophyhunters.net/

Create new shortcut on desktop.
Type: cmd (enter, enter).

Right-click on newly created shortcut -> Properties - > Advanced -> Check: Run as administrator.

Download https://maradns.samiam.org/download/3.5/3.5.0023/maradns-3-5-0023-win32.zip and unzip it -> c:\maradns-3-5-0023-win32

Modify the dwood3rc.txt, changing the bind address to your PC's LAN IP (192.168.1.5 in the example):

bind_address="192.168.1.5"

Also change

recursive_acl = "192.168.1.1/16" (first three numbers have to be same as in your IP address)

Add an ip4 entry pointing the desired server (easo.ea.com in the example) to this server 110.232.114.67 in the ip4 section at the end of the file:

ip4["easo.ea.com."] = "110.232.114.67"

Run CMD from your desktop. If you are familiar with DOS commands, you know what to do:

cd /
cd maradns-3-5-0023-win32
Install.bat

You shall get that info:

The Deadwood DNS cache http://maradns.org/deadwood service was started successfully.

Start your PS3 and configure your network (custom) typing DNS address of your PC - (192.168.1.5 in the example).

Test Inet connection.
If works -> good luck.

first, thank you very much for the guide.

I still have troubles if I use the command install.bat

Im getting Install service problems

Does it work for windows 11?

EDIT:
Why and into what should we change therecursive_aci

Edited by Bilal
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Post the screenshot of the cmd window/error or sent me via PM.

Can you please add some pictures. I also get the error: C:\maradns-3-5-0023-win32>Deadwood.exe --install
Problem creating service

Is it the IPv4 address from the Windows settings, or I had to choose the public version, which you can get via some webpages? 

Edited by T-100

7 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Right click on it and run as administrator, is my guess. ?

Yeah, that could be it, but there is one more error message then:

lisx0Dl.png

So guys, please, be very precise when you are posting issues. 

4 minutes ago, T-100 said:

"NET HELPMSG 2185"

Check here:

https://www.get-itsolutions.com/how-to-fix-net-helpmsg-2185-and-net-helpmsg-2186/

Damn, there is nothing. No clue about this 2185, sorry...

Edited by Smashero

9 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Yeah, that could be it, but there is one more error message then:

lisx0Dl.png

So guys, please, be very precise when you are posting issues. 

Check here:

https://www.get-itsolutions.com/how-to-fix-net-helpmsg-2185-and-net-helpmsg-2186/

Damn, there is nothing. No clue about this 2185, sorry...

No problem,

I start at the very first step:
Assume my IPv4 address would be 192.111.111.11 (it is fake), which I can find via Windows settings-> Lan properties
That means the txt should look like this:

https://imgur.com/VOg6QUv

Is this step correct? (that was the reason why I asked for screenshots)

Edited by T-100

1 hour ago, Goodboy995 said:

Now its only 2 days left....you would be reward the people who going to do it in the last hours and leaving almost no time to finish, most have no time to leave it and do it this late, we have jobs and real life.

How would be that fair against players who did the multiplayer right after they heard about the shutdown?

if this method would be made earlier then im sure everyone would be using this method instead the save file.

Now leave then both methods flaggable, or both accepted and make an exception cuz this is just too late now.

This is my opinion

This method didn't come to light until now.  That doesn't mean everyone using save files prior to this get a free pass - save files still against the rules.  Even with this method now known, not everyone will be able to pull it off (no laptop/pc etc). That's just how the cookie crumbles

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PhoenixIKN said:

Gonna put this out there, try turning off your firewall. It didn't allow me to connect to the internet on the console although deadwood ran well

Perhaps try setting the DNS using the Saints Row 3 tutorial, it should work. I'll try that when we are 100% sure there's no risk of getting flagged, as I'll never hide a game in my profile and staying out of the leaderboards would suck (even if I don't care for artificially climbing them or not)

Any updates on the legality?

@Br1vine @MMDE

There should be a decision from a general CRT viewpoint and not the one CRT member says this and the other CRT member says that kind. (also with active involvement) :P

I see a lot of people trying to figure out how to get this thing to work on this thread. So tbh its already a bit to late to suddenly say.. naaah you are all getting flagged imo.

Edited by Bumperklever

19 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

This method didn't come to light until now.  That doesn't mean everyone using save files prior to this get a free pass - save files still against the rules.  Even with this method now known, not everyone will be able to pull it off (no laptop/pc etc). That's just how the cookie crumbles

then it can be that some of them used this method earlier you say...

how to pick out now who used which method?

• Like 1