New method to earn DIY PMC trophy - NOW DEEMED LEGIT!

mrzizich

4 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

Any updates on the legality?

@Br1vine @MMDE

There should be a decision from a general CRT viewpoint and not the one CRT member says this and the other CRT member says that kind. (also with active involvement) :P

I see a lot of people trying to figure out how to get this thing to work on this thread. So tbh its already a bit to late to suddenly say.. naaah you are all getting flagged imo.

It's officially on this list now as @Smashero pointed out so it's fine:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Smashero said:

in maradns-3-5-0023-win32 folder (same). You are sure that you ran it in Admin Mode?

59 minutes ago, Bilal said:

run cmd as admin, that worked for me

Okay, I did the mistake to forgot to right click on cmd, thank you for the friendly reminder :)

I try the further steps and hope everything works- mmmh sadly I have trouble to work it. I deactivated the firewall, set up a new wlan and did everything except the DNS question automatically and for DNS I chose the IPv4 from PC. I try it tomorrow again

Edited by T-100

11 minutes ago, Bilal said:

run cmd as admin, that worked for me

3 minutes ago, T-100 said:

Okay, I did the mistake to forgot to right click on cmd, thank you for the friendly reminder :)

Damn it guys, I couldn't it explain it more "for dummies". I know that you are rushing for it, but please

READ! :D

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Smashero said:

Damn it guys, I could it explain it more "for dummies". I know that you are rushing for it, but please

READ! :D

Tbh, I didnt believe it would be the "run as admin" problem, but it indeed was lol.

But sadly I still getting connection failed in ps3. Somehow Im doing something wrong with connecting to dns

1 minute ago, Bilal said:

But sadly I still getting connection failed in ps3. Somehow Im doing something wrong with connecting to dns

Try this:

40 minutes ago, PhoenixIKN said:

Gonna put this out there, try turning off your firewall. It didn't allow me to connect to the internet on the console although deadwood ran well

• Like 1

I understand this might be the wrong thread for asking it here - but for the sake of visibility for others who might have a similar question

How's the online part of this game in general? Can you hop into the online part of it straight away? Or do you need to play some of SP before MP unlocks? Would like to avoid touching SP (and popping any non-MP trophies) and play it at a later date to enjoy it at my own pace

1 hour ago, AJ_-_808 said:

This method didn't come to light until now.  That doesn't mean everyone using save files prior to this get a free pass - save files still against the rules.  Even with this method now known, not everyone will be able to pull it off (no laptop/pc etc). That's just how the cookie crumbles

Someone could just set up a public dns server too...

In fact, anyone can do it... if they dare/want to. It's just to forward a port in your router etc to that dns server. I'm not suggesting anyone do this though, but yeah... 

9 minutes ago, Jhante_Brown said:

@MMDE

@B1rvine

How do you plan to differentiate between players who used the illegitimate save file method and those who used this new method to unlock the trophy?

Before/after this date?

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Executioner0 said:

Any image, the site resizes the uploaded image to the correct sizes and renames them to suit you PSN ID.

If anyone has this game on XBox and can do packet captures of requests to the easo web site, they could let me know the "game" value and the same code could also be used for XBox.

... Back in 8 hours or so.

Have messaged you 

1 hour ago, TheRedMaverick said:

It's officially on this list now as @Smashero pointed out so it's fine:

Yes, but I just found it weird.

But it seems to be a lost cause for me anyway since I have 0 copies (normally I just have 1 copy laying around in my ps3 collection) and my local store doesnt seem to have it. So I need to order which currently will take 2 days and sigh. Nah that takes to long ?

I mean if they throw it over the weekend then it might be possible for me. Guess I will just order a copy and if it doesnt work, keep 1 and trying to sell the other one. I guess 2 games are good enough to selfboost right? 

I wish this method was developed earlier. The opens source looks like 54 lines of code looking at the file so it doesnt seem that extensive.

I am not that code savy though, dont know how much, if any, reverse engineering is done :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

But it seems to be a lost cause for me anyway since I have 0 copies (normally I just have 1 copy laying around in my ps3 collection) and my local store doesnt seem to have it. So I need to order which currently will take 2 days and sigh. Nah that takes to long ?

I mean if they throw it over the weekend then it might be possible for me. Guess I will just order a copy and if it doesnt work, keep 1 and trying to sell the other one. I guess 2 games are good enough to selfboost right? 

I wish this method was developed earlier. The opens source looks like 54 lines of code looking at the file so it doesnt seem that extensive.

I am not that code savy though, dont know how much, if any, reverse engineering is done :P

I think it might get extended until further date that's what i am guessing. I mean Red Alert 3 and Mercenaries 2 going down at Nov 9, who knows Army Of Two might as well if it's still up after 20 Oct. Also both DiRT games are still up so that could be something promising.

For selfboost i believe you need 4 people for some stuff that's what i heard.

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

I think it might get extended until further date that's what i am guessing. I mean Red Alert 3 and Mercenaries 2 going down at Nov 9, who knows Army Of Two might as well if it's still up after 20 Oct. Also both DiRT games are still up so that could be something promising.

I do say with dirt I had a feeling that the listing was aimed at delisting rather then shutdown due to it having the windows store, tenscent something and I believe stadia on there. The list was created only for shutdowns, but they had broaden the definition already when they suddenly included EA play delistings too.

But yeah who knows. They atleast do an effort now to list their games, on the hope that we dont get another fuse debacle. :P

I will just buy it in case I guess.

Edited by Bumperklever
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

I do say with dirt I had a feeling that the listing was aimed at delisting rather then shutdown due to it having the windows store, tenscent something and I believe stadia on there. The list was created only for shutdowns, but they had broaden the definition already when they suddenly included EA play delistings too.

But yeah who knows. They atleast do an effort now to list their games, on the hope that we dont get another fuse debacle. :P

I will just buy it in case I guess.

Have you checked it at CEX We Buy? I have ordered 2 copies just in case. I believe we need to turn off the Fire wall for DIY PMC trophy to get it to work. But i am not touching the game before 20 Oct of course. Since the online takes about 8 hours to do, this could be still possible in a day for sure. But the server most stay active after 20 Oct just to be safe. :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Have you checked it at CEX We Buy? I have ordered 2 copies just in case. I believe we need to turn off the Fire wall for DIY PMC trophy to get it to work. But i am not touching the game before 20 Oct of course. Since the online takes about 8 hours to do, this could be still possible in a day for sure. But the server most stay active after 20 Oct just to be safe. :)

cex has loads of copies 1.50 each. I saw them in every branch i went in today. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jhante_Brown said:

I am not acquainted with the details of the two methods but from what I have been able to gather, the newer method appears to be more complicated, because of which I believe that allowing the new method has given everyone the green signal to use the save file method freely.

I am convinced that this new method should not have been legitimized, especially due to its server tampering nature and the fact that the CRT team cannot differentiate between the players who used which method.

I understand how you feel, but imagine if we figure out a way to test it... there are ways to do so, just saying. I'm not going to say more about that, but the "new" method is pretty easy tbh.

I guess for any version outside JPN, DLC is impossible to purchase?

41 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

But it seems to be a lost cause for me anyway since I have 0 copies (normally I just have 1 copy laying around in my ps3 collection) and my local store doesnt seem to have it. So I need to order which currently will take 2 days and sigh. Nah that takes to long 1f622.png

Yeah 2 copies would be fine I think from what I read. You can boost the 4 player stuff with 2 PS3s and 4 controllers AFAIK

Edited by TheRedMaverick
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Smashero said:

Ok guys, this "method" works:

MhAvFPQ.jpg
MyjBTnF.jpg
vX7banf.jpg

So...

ip4["easo.ea.com."] = "110.232.114.67"

@mrzizichIf you are somehow related to the creators of this brilliant method... What should I say... Contact them with PSNP CRT ASAP?...
Damn... That would be something...

You still need to JOIN versus match to pop the trophy, so TIME IS TICKING!

Lol so now you're all for the method to get it on.  And the only trophy to pop, wonders never cease!

2 hours ago, Goodboy995 said:

then it can be that some of them used this method earlier you say...

how to pick out now who used which method?

Because only 1 person volunteered that information in their dispute defense.  I'm not arguing for or against this btw, just stating that there are 2 sides of the line as far as the CRT (based on what ive seen over the years) are concerned and while what you say is certainly possible, it's unlikely since nobody else bothered to put in the work to argue their case with something substantial until now.

How far and if they'll extend leniency is likely to be a case by case basis.  Even the current method appears to have an area if grey, so arguing anything further isn't likely to get very far

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GeorgieBeast said:

Lol so now you're all for the method to get it on.  And the only trophy to pop, wonders never cease!

then the lesson is to leave everything for the last second.If a multipalyer game announces that its closing their servers then sure no rush and do it when you have only 1-2 days or some hours to finish.Then you will be rewarded with no flag.

i would say nothing if this method would be posted before shutdown like 2 months ago but on 20th servers closing.

its 2 days, most people dont waited this long, they used other methods

Edited by Goodboy995

1 hour ago, TheRedMaverick said:

I guess for any version outside JPN, DLC is impossible to purchase?

Yeah 2 copies would be fine I think from what I read. You can boost the 4 player stuff with 2 PS3s and 4 controllers AFAIK

Yes you are correct, 2 copies and 4 controllers. :) 10 is a full lobby for that game.

Survival Of The Fittest
Versus: Complete all 16 rounds of an Extraction game in a public match

This trophy will be a lot more easier with more people.

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 2