New method to earn DIY PMC trophy - NOW DEEMED LEGIT!

mrzizich

27 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Because only 1 person volunteered that information in their dispute defense.  I'm not arguing for or against this btw, just stating that there are 2 sides of the line as far as the CRT (based on what ive seen over the years) are concerned and while what you say is certainly possible, it's unlikely since nobody else bothered to put in the work to argue their case with something substantial until now.

How far and if they'll extend leniency is likely to be a case by case basis.  Even the current method appears to have an area if grey, so arguing anything further isn't likely to get very far

I wouldn't say nobody gave anything substantial.

8 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Yes you are correct, 2 copies and 4 controllers. :) 10 is a full lobby for that game.

Survival Of The Fittest
Versus: Complete all 16 rounds of an Extraction game in a public match

This trophy will be a lot more easier with more people.

I wish I'd have known that while I still had access to my 2nd account. Oh well. 

• Like 1

Survival of the Fittest: This trophy in itself is not that hard, but takes a few hours. Could possibly be done with 2 or even solo if you're really good or persistent since you can retry the same level every time you fail. I would recommend 4 people though.

The entire online took us (a group of 3) about 10 hours total, including many problems with matchmaking, and playing all maps twice since we weren't all on the same team. We were lucky the connection was stable for the 4 of us (1 extra for this) when did Extraction together for the whole time.

Edited by Executioner0

1 hour ago, GeorgieBeast said:

@Executioner0is the only person to come up with a working solution within the bounds of this website's rules.  You made an uncorroborated argument regarding xbox, which the CRT shut down.  There's a difference, whether you like it or not.

Note, even this method is still being debated by the CRT, so still a chance it can go south

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Executioner0 is the only person to come up with a working solution within the bounds of this website's rules.

1 hour ago, GeorgieBeast said:

Make no mistake. @Executioner0 cheated. He lied his butt off in his dispute, used unapproved tools, that aren't even tested by a staff member. It was then retroactively approved because "he made the tool." Nobody else will get this leniency if they used this beforehand. And realistically, MMDE really shouldn't be unanimously approving things either.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Goodboy995 said:

then the lesson is to leave everything for the last second.If a multipalyer game announces that its closing their servers then sure no rush and do it when you have only 1-2 days or some hours to finish.Then you will be rewarded with no flag.

i would say nothing if this method would be posted before shutdown like 2 months ago but on 20th servers closing.

its 2 days, most people dont waited this long, they used other methods

Doesn't matter when you did it... The fact is you used a method that was against leaderboard rules. 

The fact this method exists is irrelevant. 

This method could have existed for years, but the argument of "I didn't know about it so I used a save, had I know about it I would have used this method instead" does not hold up. 

Yours won't be getting lifted as you still broke the rules of the leaderboard. 

Get over it. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

@Executioner0is the only person to come up with a working solution within the bounds of this website's rules.  You made an uncorroborated argument regarding xbox, which the CRT shut down.  There's a difference, whether you like it or not.

Note, even this method is still being debated by the CRT, so still a chance it can go south

Mate actually sounds like he changed his excuse by looking at it

11 minutes ago, Azure Kite said:

Doesn't matter when you did it... The fact is you used a method that was against leaderboard rules. 

The fact this method exists is irrelevant. 

This method could have existed for years, but the argument of "I didn't know about it so I used a save, had I know about it I would have used this method instead" does not hold up. 

Yours won't be getting lifted as you still broke the rules of the leaderboard. 

Get over it. 

where the hell im mentoining that someone should lift a flag?

i dont even have a single dispute, i never did dispute, you saying things that never happened xD

i say that its now too late for this new method being accepted and for many players its unfair now

28 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

I didnt say anything about swapping it from xbox. Not that it matters, but i said but my brother and i did these for both xbox and ps3 years ago but i hadnt unlocked the trophy on ps3 back then purely because i was on the xbox myself. I never did anything bar load my game up and enter a match

3 minutes ago, Goodboy995 said:

where the hell im mentoining that someone should lift a flag?

i dont even have a single dispute, i never did dispute, you saying things that never happened xD

i say that its now too late for this new method being accepted and for many players its unfair now

You escaped the wrath of the person who reported people lol... they must have run out of steam. There were so many who'd recently earnt it. And over a decade since the website closure. Its a joke i feel that all of a decade's worth of "cheats" you call them get away with it and the recent ones wouldn't. 

22 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Make no mistake. @Executioner0 cheated. He lied his butt off in his dispute, used unapproved tools, that aren't even tested by a staff member. It was then retroactively approved because "he made the tool." Nobody else will get this leniency if they used this beforehand. And realistically, MMDE really shouldn't be unanimously approving things either.

Then why are they(he/she)?

And yes i can see from the dispute. He created a new one and then got it lifted. When someone pointed out he had changed his excuse.

Yet I'm made out to be someone who cheated when i haven't even used either method ?? bunch of jokes

1 minute ago, GeorgieBeast said:

Then why are they(he/she)?

And yes i can see from the dispute. He created a new one and then got it lifted. When someone pointed out he had changed his excuse.

Yet I'm made out to be someone who cheated when i haven't even used either method ?? bunch of jokes

What method did you use then? 

Because we know it wasn't this one. 

12 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Try searching in the Saints Row 3 forums, it should work exactly the same as described there, just switching the ip addresses around

Fucking around with servers and ips is legit?

2 minutes ago, Azure Kite said:

What method did you use then? 

Because we know it wasn't this one. 

I'm pretty sure you can't read

1 minute ago, Azure Kite said:

Your claim that you used your data from Xbox? 

Cause that method has been proven to not work. 

No. Like i said, you can't read. I said i never said i did that. It was sent to game legit years ago, i just never played the ps3 version of it, as i was creating an xbox version aswell. 

Edited by GeorgieBeast

2 minutes ago, GeorgieBeast said:

No. Like i said, you can't read. I said i never said i did that. It was sent to game legit years ago, i just never played the ps3 version of it, as i was creating an xbox version aswell. 

I've pm'd. 

Pulling this back and forth debate out of the forums. 

32 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Make no mistake. @Executioner0 cheated. He lied his butt off in his dispute, used unapproved tools, that aren't even tested by a staff member.

I told you exactly what happened with me, the game wouldn't run on my first PS3, so I couldn't pop any trophies back in the day. At no time did I mention using my own server, it was created to help other people achieve the trophy.

For anyone who doesn't care about B1rvine, I've completed the online.  And I will be around with multiple consoles available tomorrow, for most of the day. I'll help people complete the rest(except extraction) should they not have a group.  Send me a DM on PS3.

@Executioner0. Ignore him. I'm a developer but I hate front end API stuff.  What you did, while minimal is awesome.  He is bitter.

10 minutes ago, Executioner0 said:

I told you exactly what happened with me, the game wouldn't run on my first PS3, so I couldn't pop any trophies back in the day. At no time did I mention using my own server, it was created to help other people achieve the trophy.

Ild be 200% more likely to provide support to a site whose moderators understood the difference between players and leader board seekers. I bought my first PS3 Day 1.  LONG before trophys or this lot, claiming to be an authority.  I like some features of their site. But most is only relevant to a small percentage these days.  If the separate financial aspects of the two.  Ild give for what I want. But I don't give a shit about Leaderboards.   This one trophy is a very good use case for such a sentiment.

Edited by Reboot_Revival
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Executioner0 said:

Yea it's definitely not cheating imo, but at the time it was against the sites rules. Would've been less drama if you posted about this method prior to getting the trophy, and then there would've been more time for others to get the trophy. It's a little odd the way you went about it haha. 

• Like 1