New method to earn DIY PMC trophy - NOW DEEMED LEGIT!

mrzizich

3 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Yea it's definitely not cheating imo, but at the time it was against the sites rules. Would've been less drama if you posted about this method prior to getting the trophy, and then there would've been more time for others to get the trophy. It's a little odd the way you went about it haha. 

It was only created by a clever dev a few days ago.  While everyone might wish for a better time frame, it is what it is  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spudchip said:

Mate I just wanna know whether it's been collectively agreed upon if it's breaking the rules or not

One CRT has given the all clear, and even added it to the allowed methods in the rules. 

So even if the decision of that CRT gets overturned they can't morally flag everyone who used this method after he gave the all clear. 

6 minutes ago, Riiszk said:

They've done that before.. Many many years ago. People were flagged after doing something which was originally within the rules, those rules got changed and many were taken off the leaderboard. As much as I use this site, fuck it's terrible and managed poorly 

Seriously? 

What a joke. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Riiszk said:

As much as I use this site, fuck it's terrible and managed poorly 

Yea and its rapidly getting worse and today was not a good look for this site imo, people are getting more and more fed up on here. I've been sent a few messages about people on here over the past few weeks and one today made me realise why nothing gets done. 

That's also why i don't use these method of getting trophies, because If this site ever goes to sh*t and another one comes along that doesn't allow stuff like this then I'm all good. 

• Like 4

I got the DNS working, internet works fine on my PS3 when using my computer's IP as the DNS. I put in 1.1.1.1 as my secondary DNS in the PS3 settings and while the connection to the multiplayer works, no masks appear either in singleplayer or multiplayer. Anybody have any ideas? I tried hitting square to "Refresh the Custom Mask list" and it didn't help.

6 minutes ago, Letenko said:

I got the DNS working, internet works fine on my PS3 when using my computer's IP as the DNS. I put in 1.1.1.1 as my secondary DNS in the PS3 settings and while the connection to the multiplayer works, no masks appear either in singleplayer or multiplayer. Anybody have any ideas? I tried hitting square to "Refresh the Custom Mask list" and it didn't help.

Did you use NextDNS? Remember to hit the "Link IP" button. Set secondary to the 2nd DNS there. Quit the game and restart it with the mask already uploaded on the website, after I did these steps it worked

21 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Did you use NextDNS? Remember to hit the "Link IP" button. Set secondary to the 2nd DNS there. Quit the game and restart it with the mask already uploaded on the website, after I did these steps it worked

Trying NextDNS right now, and here are the settings I'm using:
ZRfdy7b.png
I've put both DNS servers shown on the bottom left into my PS3 and the same things is still hapenning, connection works, but no mask is shown.

2 minutes ago, Letenko said:

ZRfdy7b.png
I've put both DNS servers shown on the bottom left into my PS3 and the same things is still hapenning, connection works, but no mask is shown.

That's weird, are you trying through the mask menu on main menu? Or through loadout screen in Versus MP menu? I just tried through the loadout and worked just fine

Just now, EdinhoN said:

That's weird, are you trying through the mask menu on main menu? Or through loadout screen in Versus MP menu? I just tried through the loadout and worked just fine

I tried both as the main menu is the only place where you can "refresh" custom masks by pressing square, unlike in MP. Unfortunately it's not shown on either one. I've just tried uploading a very low resolution image just to see if that has anything to do with it, I'll play a match and retry it.

3 hours ago, ChromeSaw said:

so i got everything with the internet related side of things working. how do i get the custom mask to show up in game?

@Smashero can you help with this?

1 hour ago, Letenko said:

Start the game and choose MASKS from main menu. Hit SQUARE. It will ask you to connect to EA servers, hit X. If you will get an error while trying to connect that you are disconnected, try again. It will come back to the MASKS screen after few seconds and the mask thumbnail maybe will not be shown. Scroll down to those five squares with crossed circles and press X few times on number 1 then square - mask shall appear, so it is downloaded, you can put it on, but it is for SP only.

Start VERSUS from main menu, On next screen press SQUARE for player setup. Choose "Select logo". You will be on screen where default and custom masks can be chosen. Press down to select custom, choose mask and start the game -> pling trophy.

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Smashero said:

Start the game and choose MASKS from main menu. Hit SQUARE. It will ask you to connect to EA servers, hit X. If you wil get an error that you are disconnected, try again. It will come back to the MASKS screen after few seconds and the mask maybe will no be shown. Scroll down to those five squares with crossed circles and press X few times on number 1 - mask shall appear, so it is downloaded, you can put it on, but it is for SP only.

Start VERSUS from main menu, On next screen press SQUARE for player setup. Choose "Select logo" (or sth with LOGO for sure). You will be on screen where default and custom masks can be choosen. Press CIRCLE to switch from deafult to custom, select custom, choose mask and start the game -> pling trophy.

got it figured out but thank you! i hope this helps others. i had to do nextdns personally

3 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Start the game and choose MASKS from main menu. Hit SQUARE. It will ask you to connect to EA servers, hit X. If you wil get an error that you are disconnected, try again. It will come back to the MASKS screen after few seconds and the mask maybe will no be shown. Scroll down to those five squares with crossed circles and press X few times on number 1 - mask shall appear, so it is downloaded, you can put it on, but it is for SP only.

Start VERSUS from main menu, On next screen press SQUARE for player setup. Choose "Select logo" (or sth with LOGO for sure). You will be on screen where default and custom masks can be choosen. Press CIRCLE to switch from deafult to custom, select custom, choose mask and start the game -> pling trophy.

How, how on earth did hitting X on the 1st slot actually work??? Before, I did everything aside from that step. You are a goddamn legend and I owe you a beer. I see it both in singleplayer and multiplayer and I got my trophy. Thank you both @EdinhoN @Smashero

• Like 1