Kill Your Completion is back with it's 19th Iteration

Finished Dark Cloud Day 2... but then my completion rose from the dead like a vampire because of Lord Vampire himself, Dracul. AKA I got those last two trophies and platinum for Castlevania Requiem so I gained a ton of completion on that. xD

Don't worry, I have five games to go. :P

41 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

Finished Dark Cloud Day 2... but then my completion rose from the dead like a vampire because of Lord Vampire himself, Dracul. AKA I got those last two trophies and platinum for Castlevania Requiem so I gained a ton of completion on that. xD

Don't worry, I have five games to go. :P

I'll be posting my review of Abzû early too. I have collectibles to do, but I have already seen all of the game.

Congrats on the Castlevania Requiem completion!

Edited by Psy-Tychist

3 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

Okay, since Kevvik is doing an early review, I might as well do an early summary... ;)

EDIT to @Kevvik: Spiritfarer sounds interesting. I saw a few footage trailers and was moved by it. Maybe in 2023 I will pick this title up. :)

I try to do an early first impression and hopefully a bit more thorough at the end of the game time, especially with having 5 days for it.

Spiritfarer: Farewell Edition is on PS Plus Extra right now. I’m just playing the vanilla version which I bought 2 weeks before it went on plus. Not sure of the difference between the two. I’m really enjoying this though.

Just wanted to state that when I said I got all the scoops on Dark Cloud 2, I was talking about my last time I played this on my last account (which is where I got the platinum) as well as the one time I 100% this on the original PS2 hardware as I only on Chapter 3 in my current run. This game is fun if you like Pokemon Snap because you can save your photos to a photo book so you don't have to keep snapping them. (As I said before, most scoops tend to be only available in boss fights so you have to save them to the photo book since several inventions require a one-time-only scoop, for example most of the clown-themed items require Clown Robo's Attack, which is only available when fighting the final boss of Chapter 1, and if you didn't take that scoop and save it, you only get to invent one clown-theme item. Also, the Ridepod has several bodies and weapons that go from Rank 1-4, and to get the Rank 4 Samurai items for Steve... you need to have the scoop you get only from the mid-boss of CHAPTER EIGHT. So if you kill that guy before you snap him, well, you've voided the trophy for obtaining all the inventions, so sucks to be you and have to reload a save or, if you saved after that battle... just sucks to be you. :P)

Anyways...

Preview - Game #2: Disgaea 5

L816c10.png

Creator: Nippon Ichi Software

Producer: Nippon Ichi Software

I've platinumed this game a couple of times before so it's no big deal. I will probably only play 45 minutes a day due to how my PS4 is now set up; I can't see the computer from where it is and I have to use my phone to access the site with the guide. :(

But since I learned that the event requires '3 hours minimum' and not '3 hours a day', I can relax, which is good because if I followed the guide I had called up, I would be able to get the platinum in less than 6 hours. xD

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 1

Game #2 - Darksiders III - Preview

L973caf.png

Developer: THQ Nordic

Publisher: THQ Nordic

Genre: Action-RPG

Price: 39,99€

This is probably the game I'm looking forward to the most from my list. Even though this seems to be the worst reviewed Darksiders game. I boughtall DLC for this game, so I hope it's worth it.

I played the first two and enjoyed both, although the combat seemed to be a tad slow/sluggish from what I remember.

On a differente note. I decided to swich out Elex II aagain and instead try out Vampire The Masquerade Swansong.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Phantochi said:

It's a decent game, totally different from part 1 & 2, the game is more like a metroidvania adventure game with more emphasis on exploration, performance on ps4 pro was horrible though, hopefully you'll have a better experience playing on the ps5.

So far it's running smoothly. There is the odd graphics glitch though, when turning there sometimes are suddenly textures missing which then is replaced by a blue spot. No idea, if that was also a thing on the ps4 though. 

Edited by voodoo_eyes

17 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

L0ac77d.png

Abzu - The Underwater Journey Simulator  

Personally, this is more of a disappointment than anything else. I feel like I'm comparing too much with Journey, but it is hard not to when the staff is basically the same and the gameplay has only changed from on land to underwater. If anyone has never played Journey and comes to Abzu first, they may be pleasantly surprised by the design elements and the calming gameplay. If you have played Journey and enjoyed it before coming to Abzu, I feel that you will be disappointed, but may not be able to put your finger on why. I think what was missing was connection and that would have made the experience much more enjoyable if you had the opportunity to meet other divers out in the deep blue sea.

Up Next: Children of Morta

Completely agree with your assessment of Abzu, and how underwhelming it was compared to Journey. If you are looking for an artistic game that includes a great soundtrack, I’d recommend Rime.  The gameplay is similar with running around fascinating imaginary worlds, but the story is more meaningful in Rime, compared to Abzu. There is a bit more of a collectible chore in Rime, but it’s not a grind.