Trophies Are Missing / Hidden or Private Trophies - How to Fix It

Um i'm not sure i'd assume it was online mode with being able to see trophies on the PSN drop down selection?

From the XBM go to the trophies icon and press :triangle:. It'll have an option that says "Switch Modes" and under there is an option for online mode and offline mode. Offline mode still allows you to view the trophies, but it doesn't sync them with the server. You can change it to online mode or you can select the "sync with server" option to have it sync with the server. Hopefully that'll fix your issue.

I personally have my ps3 set to offline mode so that I don't have to deal with a long load time to check a trophy I've recently earned.

• Like 1

Just to note again, update 4,00 most likely won't fix this issue as it's a problem with the coding on the network rather than an issue with your console. It seems like what the new update is doing is interpreting those lists as hidden because they sort of technically are on Sony's end but since the network code is still bugged on that end, unchecking the lists again aren't going to resolve it because rather than switching them from off to on, it's like the switch isn't moving on the networks end even though it looks like it is - Hopefully this makes sense, lol. This will be resolved most likely quietly on the backend without any real announcements or patch notes one day, so be on the lookout for when it is resolved!

As m1ckeythechamp said, Sony said they know about the issue so hopefully they'll get to fixing it, meanwhile just keep getting Sony's attention about the issue if you haven't already! :P

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

Just to note again, update 4,00 most likely won't fix this issue as it's a problem with the coding on the network rather than an issue with your console. It seems like what the new update is doing is interpreting those lists as hidden because they sort of technically are on Sony's end but since the network code is still bugged on that end, unchecking the lists again aren't going to resolve it because rather than switching them from off to on, it's like the switch isn't moving on the networks end even though it looks like it is - Hopefully this makes sense, lol. This will be resolved most likely quietly on the backend without any real announcements or patch notes one day, so be on the lookout for when it is resolved!

As m1ckeythechamp said, Sony said they know about the issue so hopefully they'll get to fixing it, meanwhile just keep getting Sony's attention about the issue if you haven't already! :P

Then I'm glad I did not delete and recreate my PS4 user as the support suggested. It would have probably not solved anything...

From the XBM go to the trophies icon and press :triangle:. It'll have an option that says "Switch Modes" and under there is an option for online mode and offline mode. Offline mode still allows you to view the trophies, but it doesn't sync them with the server. You can change it to online mode or you can select the "sync with server" option to have it sync with the server. Hopefully that'll fix your issue.

I personally have my ps3 set to offline mode so that I don't have to deal with a long load time to check a trophy I've recently earned.

Ah nice il give it a go :D thank you <3 

I tried syncing with the server and it has worked! Thank you ^^ <3

Hey everyone, nice to meet you. First post here, you'll likely get more new users as this becomes more widespread.

I suggest everyone constantly, even daily, submits this via Live Support on PlayStation.com. It will get fixed, but we have to make sure it's known that it is indeed widespread.

The first tech I talked with I shared the official forums thread to show it is indeed widespread and she later in the conversation replied that it's a unique case, absolutely useless. I tried again moment later and got someone who was helpful. Remember, make this clear and concise. The shorter and sweeter the quicker it gets forwarded to the correct division. Here is my latest transcript with a tech.

Daniel: Hello, My name is Daniel how may I assist you today?

Me: Hey Daniel.

Me: I need something forwarded to your network team, it's widespread.

Me: Previously hidden trophies are bugged, they are stuck on hidden.

Me: This issue started around August 2016.

Me: Scroll through this for a perfect example: http://imgur.com/a/r7qLh

Me: And here is over 5 pages of people having the same issue on your forums.

Me: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/Previously-Hidden-Trophies-Not-Visible-After-Unhiding-Them/td-p/45924200

Me: For me it is happening with Resident Evil 6, though it is happening for others with any and all games that were hidden around that time and then unhid.

Me: We have tried all solutions. Syncing, wiping user off the system, system reset, hiding and unhiding, privacy settings, etc. Hundreds of hours have went into resolving this, it's definitely network side.

Me: We are hoping it is a known issue and will be fixed with maintenance.

Daniel: Hello, George. I totally understand how you feel about this specific situation of trophies not properly showing up even after all the steps you've tried so far. I'll definitely pass this feedback to the proper team so they can be aware of this situation and find a proper fix for this issue.

Me: Thank you Daniel.

Daniel: You're most welcome! Anything else you would like to add regarding this specific situation?

To me, that is a perfect transcript. Skip the useless solutions and let them know what you've tried. Save them time and yourself. This takes a total of 2 minutes to do and if we all constantly do it, it will get fixed. You can even paste word for word what I wrote, I don't mind. Let them know daily, it is still not fixed. That's why they are there. Also, keep the thread on the official site active and bumped. Reply by letting them know it's still not fixed, it'll help. Even if it's the twenty of us, it keeps it active and more people will start to notice.

It's not the end of the world for me, though I don't want any bugs associated with my account or anyone else. It's especially annoying for you all who take trophy hunting to the next level. Nothing but love, trying to help.

Hope this is fixed ASAP, take care.

Edited by YamaMX
  • Like 2

Yea I talked to someone yesterday about my problem with Watch Dogs on the PS4. I'll contact support again today!

And this site for some reason only lets you make sessions if you have the game on your trophy list, which is so stupid! Everything else about this site is awesome, why can't they just allow us to make sessions if the game isn't on our trophy list??..

Yea I talked to someone yesterday about my problem with Watch Dogs on the PS4. I'll contact support again today!

And this site for some reason only lets you make sessions if you have the game on your trophy list, which is so stupid! Everything else about this site is awesome, why can't they just allow us to make sessions if the game isn't on our trophy list??..

Yeah that sucks but it also prevents trolls to make sessions without even having the game.

What is the problem?

Most games give you one trophy for starting the game anyway so there shouldn't be any problem to have it on your list.

Or if you want to start with online trophies, just start the game, let the trophy list load, earn trophy in another game, update and voila.

Oh ok, I thought it referred to a thread on PSNP. In that case:

PSNProfiles isn't part of Sony. It's a separate and independent site that keeps track of your trophies.

I think he's saying more people should post on the PlayStation Forum thread to keep it bumped to the top :P

It's regarding the "hidden trophies bug" that is detailed on the first page of this thread right now.

Edited by BlindMango

I think he's saying more people should post on the PlayStation Forum thread to keep it bumped to the top :P

It's regarding the "hidden trophies bug" that is detailed on the first page of this thread right now.

On the other hand, if people are not posting there it doesn't seem to be problem relevant enough for Sony... :/

On the other hand, if people are not posting there it doesn't seem to be problem relevant enough for Sony... :/

Bingo and that's the problem. If we don't keep that thread active in hopes of more people realizing they have the issue (it's a tough one to find out), it may as well fade into obscurity. I bet a large number of people have the glitch, but haven't realized it. I don't use tracking sites, so when I mentioned a trophy and a friend looked for it, he said I had none. Thus how this entire investigation started, haha.

Alright so my name is (or gamertag) "the_gr_sniper".

My problem is that i had a lot of games hidden. when i unhided them they just don't apear. Actually most of them. But it seems that this problem appears only for the psnprofiles server. I mean i can see all trophies on "http://psntrophy leaders.com/leaderboard/mainand other players from playstation  message me with messages like "wow 114 platinums" which means they can see all trophies. So is it a problem of this site? or on sony? please reply.

Edited by The_GR_sNiPer

People can see your total of trophies on PSN, but cannot see your hidden trophies.

When it comes to PSNProfiles, it detects the hidden trophy lists and adjusts it in your PSNProfile. So imagine your have 1100 trophies and a trophy list with 25 trophies hidden, well it will adjust itself and remove the hidden 25 ones from your total on PSNProfiles. After all, PSNProfiles cannot see your hidden trophies as players.

My problem is that i had a lot of games hidden. when i unhided them they just don't apear. Actually most of them. But it seems that this problem appears only for the psnprofiles server. I mean i can see all trophies on "http://psntrophy leaders.com/leaderboard/mainand other players from playstation  message me with messages like "wow 114 platinums" which means they can see all trophies. So is it a problem of this site? or on sony? please reply.

Your total may be displayed, but they do not see all of the games on your list. View your profile from another profile on your console, you'll likely have a ton missing from that list.

Oh, I misunderstood that.

No worries, haha.

Did you try the method in the first post of this thread to unhide them?