Are the severs still alive?

36 minutes ago, mataningo said:

All online features should have shut down on 1/10.

That's funny, I logged on last night and was able to access all of the online features.

I didn't have a daily challenge oddly enough, but I did have a weekly one available. All MP modes, as wella s co-op were still availab.e I was able to log into shadownet to check my weekly challenge.

Edit: I realize not everyone here seems to believe what I say for whatever reason, but for the rest of you it's still online. 

Edited by Floorkiller74
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

That's funny, I logged on last night and was able to access all of the online features.

I didn't have a daily challenge oddly enough, but I did have a weekly one available. All MP modes, as well as co-op were still available I was able to log into shadownet to check my weekly challenge.

Edit: I realize not everyone here seems to believe what I say for whatever reason, but for the rest of you it's still online. 

Nice one, thank you for the confirmation :).

3 hours ago, TheRedMaverick said:

This part is important as there's a trophy for completing a daily task. Is anyone else able to confirm if they have a daily? Otherwise I can check when I get home in a few hours

There is no daily challenge on my end today either. Weekly is still good for 3 days and 11 hours. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

The last achiever was on October 3rd. It’s now the 19th. 

Just booted up the game to see if maybe the daily challenge is up but nope, still not seeing it personally. I guess the next time to check would be after the weekly challenge resets to see if both weekly and maybe daily will update. There is a message that appears when you boot up the game that says "The Splinter Cell Blacklist service is not available" but nothing really seems affected except for the daily challenge not appearing so far.

Will try to remember to check on Sunday morning as that's when the weekly resets. Otherwise this particular trophy may be unobtainable

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TheRedMaverick said:

Just booted up the game to see if maybe the daily challenge is up but nope, still not seeing it personally. I guess the next time to check would be after the weekly challenge resets to see if both weekly and maybe daily will update. There is a message that appears when you boot up the game that says "The Splinter Cell Blacklist service is not available" but nothing really seems affected except for the daily challenge not appearing so far.

Will try to remember to check on Sunday morning as that's when the weekly resets. Otherwise this particular trophy may be unobtainable

Hey TRM, in spite of it saying that the "service is unavailable" for the Daily Challenge, can you see if they'll actually let you/us in to do the "50 Assists" WEEKLY Challenge, boss???

Thanks!

• Like 1

It doesn't say the service is unavailable for the daily challenge, it says that when you log in. That's just the uplay service that isn't available. Once you are in the game you connect to the online just fine. I can't test the weekly since you need several people to test it, but it should work just fine since it's showing as available. 

I'm also curious if dailies show up when the week resets. Anyone who has followed this game knows that dailies and weeklies seem to just disappear and reappear, so nothing all that new here.  `

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Floorkiller74 said:

It doesn't say the service is unavailable for the daily challenge, it says that when you log in. That's just the uplay service that isn't available. Once you are in the game you connect to the online just fine. I can't test the weekly since you need several people to test it, but it should work just fine since it's showing as available. 

I'm also curious if dailies show up when the week resets. Anyone who has followed this game knows that dailies and weeklies seem to just disappear and reappear, so nothing all that new here.  `

The playerbase has dropped drastically and up until October 3rd, a lot of PSNP tracked accounts have earned those trophies. 

If the online is still intact I’ll try to get on the game to see if they’re still obtainable. 

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 3

Upon further testing, I think there are more trophies that are unobtainable. I tried actually hosting a private match but because you can't connect to Uplay, you can't host private matches, customize loadouts, nor go past rank 5. This means the trophy "Trusted Agent" for reaching rank 10 is unattainable.

"Personal Kit" (Unlock a custom loadout slot for Spy or Merc) and "Fireteam Accessed" (Unlock a Merc's Light Machine Gun) may also be unattainable as you need tokens to unlock both of these, and you start earning tokens at rank 5 (whether this happens now without Uplay, not sure...). I think you may get 1 or 3 tokens when you hit rank 5 but I can't remember for sure so you might still be able to get Personal Kit and Fireteam Acessed if it's 3 (I already did the online stuff so I'd have to test this on an alt).

Which brings up another issue. You can no longer solo the other Spies vs. Mercs trophies (since you can't host private matches). Some modes are 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 which means you will need 8 players to do some of the modes (assuming you need a full lobby to start the match, I think you do).

This game basically got more difficult to boost and some trophies are definitely unobtainable so unless you dont mind not getting 100% or you only need some of the trophies that are still available, I would not recommend starting this game.

Edited by TheRedMaverick
Personal Kit and Fireteam Accessed may be ok
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TheRedMaverick said:

Upon further testing, I think there are more trophies that are unobtainable. I tried actually hosting a private match but because you can't connect to Uplay, you can't host private matches, customize loadouts, nor go past rank 5. This means the trophy "Trusted Agent" for reaching rank 10 is unattainable.

"Personal Kit" (Unlock a custom loadout slot for Spy or Merc) and "Fireteam Accessed" (Unlock a Merc's Light Machine Gun) may also be unattainable as you need tokens to unlock both of these, and you start earning tokens at rank 5 (whether this happens now without Uplay, not sure...). I think you may get 1 token when you hit rank 5 but I can't remember for sure so you might still be able to get Personal Kit possibly but would need to be tested (I already did the online stuff so I'd have to test this on an alt).

Which brings up another issue. You can no longer solo the other Spies vs. Mercs trophies (since you can't host private matches). Some modes are 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 which means you will need 8 players to do some of the modes (assuming you need a full lobby to start the match, I think you do).

This game basically got more difficult to boost and some trophies are definitely unobtainable so unless you dont mind not getting 100% or you only need some of the trophies that are still available, I would not recommend starting this game.

You are partially incorrect, I'm afraid. While the Uplay message does say you can't customize your Spy or Merc loadouts, I was still able to access both loadouts perfectly fine. On top of that, though I certainly could be wrong, I want to say you got three unlock tokens at level 5, so Personal Kit and Firearm Accessed are likely still obtainable. The trophy for achieving rank 10 on the other hand...I'm level 19 now, so I can't say anything about that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Banton_Grievous said:

You are partially incorrect, I'm afraid. While the Uplay message does say you can't customize your Spy or Merc loadouts, I was still able to access both loadouts perfectly fine. On top of that, though I certainly could be wrong, I want to say you got three unlock tokens at level 5, so Personal Kit and Firearm Accessed are likely still obtainable. The trophy for achieving rank 10 on the other hand...I'm level 19 now, so I can't say anything about that.

Yeah it basically depends on how many tokens you get at rank 5 and if you actually still get them now without Uplay (I guess you probably still do). If it is 3 then they should hopefully be attainable. I'll edit my post

• Like 1

I know the uPlay thing was up until around 12 - 1 AM PST on October 3rd, 2022. Then all of a sudden I was booted and I got a message saying that the uPlay service has been decommissioned or something along those lines.

ShadowNet was still accessible but I decided to let it go, because I got all the actual online trophies back in August. Unfortunately I didn't get around to doing Briggs co-op missions with an online player so I was forced to do them myself with two controllers. Definitely cumbersome and a bit difficult in places, especially the section where you have to get both Sam Fisher and Briggs to run through three sets of closing doors. Had to rubberband both controllers, hold the X button and hope for the best.

If you haven't done the co-op missions beforehand (October) and you simply don't have the skill and/or a second controller handy, then you're simply flat out of luck I'm afraid.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I know the uPlay thing was up until around 12 - 1 AM PST on October 3rd, 2022. Then all of a sudden I was booted and I got a message saying that the uPlay service has been decommissioned or something along those lines.

ShadowNet was still accessible but I decided to let it go, because I got all the actual online trophies back in August. Unfortunately I didn't get around to doing Briggs co-op missions with an online player so I was forced to do them myself with two controllers. Definitely cumbersome and a bit difficult in places, especially the section where you have to get both Sam Fisher and Briggs to run through three sets of closing doors. Had to rubberband both controllers, hold the X button and hope for the best.

If you haven't done the co-op missions beforehand (October) and you simply don't have the skill and/or a second controller handy, then you're simply flat out of luck I'm afraid.

I got into a matchmade coop game last night. Coop works fine with no restrictions. 

There is a new weekly challenge wp this week, get the 1st kill in TDM 25 times. TDM is still very populated. There is still no daily. 

Sucks you cant start private games anymore. I checked my 360 and you can still do everything as normal there. PSN has some sucky online infrastructure.

Edited by Floorkiller74
  • Like 2