*Ended* MrGarland's Giveaway #1

MrGarland

Thanks for the giveaway!

Answer 2: I haven't played it and i will probably never will because if i do, then i will have to go for all the Metal Gear games. And they are lengthy ?. It's weird, but i have the obsession of playing series.

Answer 3: I will save it for dlcs on sales. I need to spend around 100 euros for dlcs and season passes for games i already own. And that price is if they are at 50% discount

always nice to see someone doing a giveaway :)

Q1: no I ever played it before

Q2: yes I would play it if I had the chance. always heard good things about it. don't have a PS3 tho so maybe if 1 day its come to plus premium. would definitely aim for plat. dlc completion will depend on if its available through premium (if it ever went on there)

Q3: I'd probably buy something from the vita store. rayman origins maybe?

Edited by MonaSaxPayne

Thank you, pal! This is really generous.

#1 Yes, 100%ed it some time ago. I loved the speed music brings to the game. That and slashing everything to tiny pieces xD

#3 Dead Cells dlc for sure :)

Good luck everyone!

BTW, I made this plat a milestone, as I thought it fit my username :P

Edited by Gray-Fox-44

Alright, I'll bite, given it seems simple enough. ^^

Answer 1: Nope, I haven't played it.

Answer 2: I could see myself playing it. Usually fine with action games. The only thing I could see turning me away from it is because it's part of the Metal Gear games, and I have no real interest in playing the rest. That being said, I'd probably play casually at first and decide whether to go any further after beating the game.

Answer 3: I wouldn't say there's anything specific I'd plan on buying. The only real plan is that it'd likely be something on sale (maybe a couple of games if I wait for a good one).

1. Nope never played it.

2. I would certainly give it a go, if only for the memes, not sure I can can pursuade myself to go full 100% though.

3. The next few things to be on sale in my outstanding dlc list. Dlc is the bane of my existence and I always appreciate help getting my needed list shorter.

1. Have not played it. Saw a friend play the first level but thats it.

2. It's not part of the mainline series, so i can't really be bothered to play it.

3. Probably would buy some DLC or some game with the card. Been waiting for some DLC go on sale for some time now.

Thanks for doing this giveaway! I'll participate...

Answer 1: No, I haven't played it.

Answer 2: Truthfully, probably not. I know this game has a fan base, and PlatinumGames has a strong fan base... but I am not in the PlatinumGames fan base. I've tried two other games by Platinum, Bayonetta and The Wonderful 101. Bayonetta I thought was just okay, I stuck with it for around 5-8 hours, then the fun just stopped for me altogether. The Wonderful 101 I tried for maybe 30 minutes and I really didn't like it at all. So unfortunately, Platinum is 0-for-2 with me.

Answer 3: I've always got plenty of games on my wishlist, but the game I'd most likely purchase is Beat Saber. It's never gone on sale to my knowledge and also happens to cost $30, so it would be a perfect match!

Edited by ZitMeatloaf
Typo

Answer 2: I've played a demo. Think if I had an arcade controller, I would play it, and consider completion sometime in the far, far future, after playing casually.

Answer 3: I think I'd buy something light that I will frequently notice but pass up, like "Kao The Kangaroo", or "A Hat In Time".

Thanks for the shot.

Edited by KOWFOY
I thought question posed was about "Atelier Ryza 2".

Thank you for the opportunity. 

#1 yes I have played years ago, after I had finished Metal Gear Solid 4,because I love the series, and despite this being a very different game, I liked it very much, and I think its one of the best action game ever made. I liked it in every aspect, but I have to say that the music it's what I remember most, the OST is very good and the memes have helped to make it better. 

#3 because I never bought the dlcs of the game, in the case of a victory, I will buy the two story dlc, so I can finally replay the game and try to get the platinum / 100%.

Question 1: Have you played the game before? If so, what did you like about it? You can name more than one thing. (Note: If you answered this question, skip the next one.)
Nope

Question 2: If you haven't played it, would you do so if you ever got a chance? If you do, would you play casually or would you try to get the platinum and 100% on DLCs?
Yeah, I loved Sons of Liberty, and I wrote the trophy guide for Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes on Sly's (creator of this site), old site.
I'd definitely go for platinum at least

Question 3: If you win, is there anything specific you'd buy? For example, are you planning to save money for a game or a DLC and you need a little extra to get it?
If I won, I'd put it into a year of my current PS Premium (or whatever it's called), that way you've given me hundreds of games!

Thankyou for doing this, I'd love to have the spare cash to do similar.

A very generous giveaway. 

1. No

2. I would and I always go for 100%. But only if they bring it to PS4/PS5. ?? I don’t own a PS3 anymore.

I love the MGS series and I played them all, although I played MGS 1-3 before trophies. I would also love to play those again, but they would also need to bring those to PS4/PS5. ?

3. I would use it to buy The Legend of Heroes: Trails From Zero.

Edited by Baker

1. Yes, on a burner account, unfortunately the non-American versions don’t have the DLCs for free, so that got me a little upset (I was playing the PSPlus version)

2. Only if I manage to get the entire game and DLCs, as I’m  gunning for a 100% profile. I already memorised the various boss patterns  in story mode, useful glitches in VR, hardest part of the game aren’t the bosses imo, it’s  to get S rank at the beginning of mission  4, when you’re invaded on all fronts.

3. Know what? I’d use them for MGR, it’s a prestigious platinum, and a staple on the “Platinum Games evolution of hack and slash”, and yes, I’m counting  DMC1 which was made by Kamiya, and Vanquish, even though it’s a stylish shooter.

Edited by farradono
Patterns, not partners

Question 1: No, I haven't. But I'm still going to give praise to Senator Armstrong and all the memes he's become a part of.

Question 2: I would under the stipulation that it got some form of a remaster, this applies to all the MGS games. I was an GameCube / Xbox kid growing up and missed out on the entire series. Came to Playstation at the PS4 launch and felt I missed too much to jump in at that point. Also I would play with the intent of 100% completion. I'm always up for challenge and keeping my profile% very high is what I enjoy doing.

Question 3: Indie games need love, I've got my eye on a lot of them. This War of Mine, Paradise Killer, Bright Memory, just to name a few.

Edited by Skurkitty

How nice of you! I'll go ahead and give it a whirl.

Question 1: I haven't played it before. I think I have it on my 360 but I never gave it a try. I kept getting distracted lol.

Question 2: I'd like to eventually play it, maybe if it got a rerelease on PS4/PS5. I want the trophies! And that means all of them, including DLC :D

Question 3: think I'd use it to help towards one of the upcoming releases I want. Sonic Frontiers, New Tales from the Borderlands, Tactics Ogre maybe, perhaps even the Crisis Core rerelease... Feeling really spoiled for choices here!

Thanks again for this giveaway, you're really quite generous :)
  • Like 1

Thanks for doing this giveaway!

Q1: Not yet.

Q2: Hell yes! You've said it yourself:

56 minutes ago, MrGarland said:

fast paced action, boss battles, soundtrack and of course, the memes

I really dig PlatinumGames' style too so yeah, I'm certainly interested in playing this game. As I'm a completionist and love a good/fun challenge, I'll aim for the 100%.

Q3: I'd much rather buy a few games with that money, but if there's a DLC or Season Pass I want that goes on sale then I'd consider buying it as well.

• Like 1

Q2: Yes, I would initially play it casually and if I really liked the gameplay I would try 100% which I know is a pretty hard one.

Q3: Nothing specific, I have a bunch of games on my wishlist. I would probably buy whatever is on sale.

Thanks for the giveaway ?

That is really generous, thanks for this!

Q1: No, I haven't

Q2: Yes, I am a Platinum Games fan, so I'd like to give it a shot, and I would absolutely go for the plat and 100%. It's definitely the type of challenge I appreciate

Q3: Probably a season pass? There are a few I have my eyes on, but haven't pulled the trigger on yet.

First of all, thank you for hosting this giveaway.

Regarding the questions:

1. Not yet.

2. Absolutely, I purchased the complete the ultimate edition (if that's the correct name) years ago I just haven't started yet favoring other games. I had it installed on my previous PS3 but it's not downloaded on my current PS3. Hopefully I'll get to play and 100% complete it next year, I'll be lying if I say this year. This is the last true Metal Gear game, regardless that it's a spin-off, that I'm misssing for a full series completion. 

3. There are several games on my PS Store wishlist. From the current sale I'd say Prey. Otherwise, I might buy some games from my wishlist in a future sale, most likely some indies: Flame Over comes to mind but that game has never been on sale, I'd gladly grab it with a 50% discount, Risk of Rain 2 is also another one I want but I'm holding myself until the announced DLC is released in a complete edition, I'd also like if the Repentance DLC for the Binding of Isaac is half off to name a few.

Thanks again for the chance. Good luck everybody.

No way! Giveaway times are wholesome!!

Q1:

Unfortunately no,  I usually buy physical ps4 games, and Metal Gear isn't one of the franchises I'll find at my local EB Games.

Q2:

I hope so! My step-sisters friends dad has a ps3 with a metal gear solid game (not sure which one), I actually enjoyed it! Was a bit hard though, I'll admit.

Q3:

I've been trying to get my hands on Sniper Elite III or Zombie Army 4: Dead War DLCs, but as a 16 year old who is starting their job at 4:30pm today at maccas, with a mid/$$$/hour, not gonna get things that I want for a while. Might as well cross my fingers for christmas! ✌️

Thanks for chance, MrGarland! Goodluck to all other participants!!! Happy Wednesday!!!

Question 1: I have played it and not fully finished it, I done most of it on 360 but not fully beaten it on there or ps3. it is good though

Question 3: If I won I would put it down on some dlc I have been meaning to get for deus ex on ps3 as I only got the normal one and want the dlc to basically be able to do it all and finish it up when I can along with getting mega man x legacy collection on ps4

1. Loved the game (platinum 225). The gameplay got me hooked instantly. I also liked a lot the music and characters.

3. If it happens, i would like to upgrade my plus to premium, but i don't think is possible with USD for my country, so most likely going to save them for a good sale on some of the games I have an eye on.