*Ended* MrGarland's Giveaway #1

MrGarland

ANSWER 1

Yes, I've played it before (I'm currently replaying it, since I lost my save file some years ago). Being honest, I love the absolute bonkers that is the gameplay. Top notch Platinum Games example of an action game. The soundtrack always amps every moment you are in a fight, and THAT first fight with the RAY... fucking amazing!!!

ANSWER 3

I may give it to a friend. There's some games he would like to have, since I'm not buying that much stuff lately.

ANyways, good luck to everyone participating, and congrats on your platinum!!

I played the demo on PS3 a long time ago.  I don't remember it much, but I remember thinking it would be very challenging but maybe not something I would get into easily.

There're a few games I have my eye on but haven't gotten because I haven't played much recently, and I have a few games I'm working on currently.  RE 3 and 7 and infamous first light are games I am looking forward to buying/playing.  I may put it toward season passes though...

Thanks!

Edited by dmsleight

Thanks for the generous giveaway!

Question 1: No, I haven't 

Question 2: I doubt it. Not really a MGS fan. I had the HD collection on PS3 but sold it before I got the chance to play it. 

Question 3: Probably save up for Callisto Protocol or GoW Ragnarok 

1. Haven't played the game...yet. 

2. Believe it or not I have never played a MG game but as recently as yesterday was watching reviews on all the games. Seeing how action-packed this game is seems like it'll be right up my alley. I'm a neurotic completionist so I'll have to go for the 100% completion!

3. Might end up buying the game itself with that money! ?

Question 1: Have you played the game before? If so, what did you like about it? You can name more than one thing. (Note: If you answered this question, skip the next one.)
I havent played it

Question 2: If you haven't played it, would you do so if you ever got a chance? If you do, would you play casually or would you try to get the platinum and 100% on DLCs?
I would like to, I'm a big fan of Metal Gear 5 but I was a bit hesistant when it came out due to the Kojima controversy. Also i almost never buy games at launch cause its too expensive, if it was in a really cheap sale I'd buy it. Question is more if I have time to also play it then lol

Question 3: If you win, is there anything specific you'd buy? For example, are you planning to save money for a game or a DLC and you need a little extra to get it?
It would have to be in Swiss Francs, and unfortunately, I can^'t buy any new games for that amount. So I would probably spend it on a sale and buy a few AAA games or I would use it t buy 1 or 2 newly released indie games.

1. Haven't played it yet.

2. Yeah, if I had a chance, I'd go for it, though could be a while, because I'm planning to do all MGS games chronologically (did 3, Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes so far). And considering that Revengeance is the most "recent" story-wise... Yeah, could be a while, lol

3. Probably not too special answer, but just grab some more games from the store, my backlog was always really small and didn't had much money to get more, but with that changes, I'm grabbing quite a lot, so more money means more cool stuff to get

Thank you for that! I like the idea also to start discussion about a specific game :)

Question 2:
I had it on my mind with my PS3 to play it, but to be honest all games i played on PS3 was remastered on PS4. So i will take the long go and hope it will be remastered on PS4/PS5 to have a better experience. I could play it on my PS3 but i guess after finishing it it will be announced for PS4 :P i normally try to get the DLCs done as well. We are hosting right now a DLC event to encourage more people to Do DLCs. I would try it in one of the Events :)

Question 3: 

I have some ideas how to spend it. First of RE8 will drop the new DLC im a few days which is again a bit pricey with 20€. Also on my wanted list is Souls Hackers 2 because i loved Persona 5 and i am interested in this new game, but from the reviews i wasnt sure if i want to spend 60€ for it. Last would be Digimon Survival, which has a new approach with the VN part in the game. Since i like Digimon i wanted to give it a try but again not sure if i want to pay 50€ for it. 

Hello! I'm in. 

1. Not yet... 

2. I need to fix my ps3 so I can start working on the entire MGS franchise (I already own the ps3 games) spin offs included. I did play MGS2 and 3 on the Ps2 but that was eons ago. So yeah, I'll definitely go for the platinum and 100% of Revengeance eventually. 

3. I'd probably keep hoarding soulslikes because I plan on platting them all. 

I'll throw my name in the hat ?

1. No I haven't.

2. At this point it's unlikely, as I have other games I want to play first. But I certainly wouldn't rule it out. I saw some gameplay videos of it and I reckon I'd enjoy it, so I probably would attempt the platinum.

3. Any games on my wishlist that go on sale.

Thank you for the giveaway!

Q1: No,I have not played Revengence. Not out of spite, I just never got around to it.

Q2: I would definitely try it. As for how deep a dive I would do with it, it honestly depends on how hard it grabs me. I’m very bad about getting distracted and not sticking with one game.

Q3: There are so many games I want to get. Star Ocean: The Divine Force is probably my #1 atm.

Thanks for hosting the giveaway!

Q1: I have not played Revengeance yet. More because of time constraints.

Q2: I do plan to play it, but it would need to be through Plus streaming if it ever gets added, my PS3 is pretty much retired now. I might end up playing it on PC, since it usually goes for pretty cheap on sales.

Q3: I would probably end up buying Omori with it. For some reason that game never came out in the EU store, even though its a pretty well known indie game. I could also wait for one of those big bundle sales and get a bunch of games that way, Kingdom Hearts All in One collection used to go for pretty cheap that way.

22 hours ago, MrGarland said:
Question 1: Have you played the game before? If so, what did you like about it? You can name more than one thing. (Note: If you answered this question, skip the next one.)

Yes, and really liked it, another great PlatinumGames title. The whole game is so badas!

22 hours ago, MrGarland said:

Question 3: If you win, is there anything specific you'd buy? For example, are you planning to save money for a game or a DLC and you need a little extra to get it?

Hm, dunno. Maybe OlliOlli World,  SK Pocket Dungeon or Inscryption!?

PS: Thank You for the giveaway!

Edited by SiC

23 hours ago, MrGarland said:

Question 2: If you haven't played it, would you do so if you ever got a chance? If you do, would you play casually or would you try to get the platinum and 100% on DLCs?

Q1: Nope.

Q2: Sure. Preferably I'd play it casually, as in beating the game.

Q3: Yeah, like DLC to games requiring it for 100% completion, or possibly for some cool indie games worth checking out.

Q-1: Only the ps3 demo back when it came out. Definitely remember not being very good at it.

Q-2: Maybe? I haven't actually played any Metal Gear titles so I worry about feeling too lost even though it is a spin-off title. If I ever do a journey trough the series, then yeah.

Q-3: Not quite sure. Something on sale that catches my eye at the time.

Good luck to all on this giveaway!

This is a really nice thing to do mate! Considering how rarely I get a platinum compared to you guys maybe I should do a giveaway as well whenever I get one ahahahha :D

Anywho, onto the answers which I know you will find the most charming and award worthy muahahahha ?

1. Nope! But it's on the "to do list". Actually, the whole series is as I've heard awesome things about it :D The last one was Atelier Iris on the ps2 which was... in my grade school hahaha

2. Well the plat doesn't look heard which is why I would probably need 2 years to get it ??

3. Uff that is a hard one. The question I mean (block me it was worth it!!!). I would probably get Trails from Zero as I adore the series even though I only played the first 3 Cold Steel games :D It's one of those games that you get cultural shocks from when you return to the real world, because you were so engrossed in it.  And considering I already own Cold Steel 4, it would be a great time to play it as I know a fuckton of things from both series orgasm culminate in the 4th entry :D 

On 18.10.2022 at 11:37 PM, MrGarland said:

2. Yes, I would. It'd be my first Metal Gear, I never played any of these games before. So I'd play it on my second account or without an account and only add it to my main account once I'm sure I have what it takes to get the plat and want to get it done. I remember a friend having a hard time getting the Stormbringer trophy and at beating some bosses without taking damage, so I really don't know if I have what it takes to go for the 100%.

3.Maybe Hogwarts Legacy in February 2023 if nothing else catches my eye earlier and I'm still interested in the game closer to release. I'm trying not to lose against my backlog constantly these days, so I only allow myself to buy a new game for every three games I complete. Sometimes it works quite well, other times I break my rule for a sale, a collector's edition that will most likely just get more expensive later on, or just because.

I'm also a Genshin Impact player, there's a chance I use it for this game if I really want something and can't get it as F2P/low spender. It has the upside that it doesn't add a new game to my backlog, but Genshin Impact gets updates regularly and will therefore be a part of my backlog for a few more years at least.

If we get an Elden Ring DLC and I still have the money, I might as well use it on that.

Lastly, thanks for the giveaway, much appreciated.

Edited by viech54

I own it but have not started it. I own a lot of the MGS games but haven't started any. The trophy guides have put me off and to be honest I'm not huge on stealth gameplay (which I know this one isn't in the same vein) so...#2 I might. I'm not sure. I have so much stuff in my backlog. Like more than I can probably ever play in 2 lifetimes. 

So to answer #3: I would buy more games ? or maybe all that Damm Borderlands 3 DLC. 

Thanks for doing this :)

Question 1: No, its the only Meatal Gear game I've not played (I don't count that abomination Survive)

Question 2: If I can get hold of a cheap copy of it, or if it got added to PsPLus, then yes, most likely, and yes I'd play with the intention of going for the platin um/ 100%.

Question 3: I'd set up on American psn account, and buy Warhammer 40K: Space Marine. It's one of the few games on my profile, that while technically possible to platinum/ 100%, I can't. Requires a network pass to properly play the online mode, locking you out of seveal trophies, never got around to actually registering mine annoyingly, and th e American store seems to be the only place which still has it available (as par tof the ultimate edition).

I'll try my luck.

Q1. No, I haven't played it.

Q2. Not sure. I do like action games, but I'm not sure if this would be my preferred style of game. Additionally, I'm not a fan of the Metal Gear series, and I'm not sure how (or if) it ties into the series' lore or timeline. I guess I could try the PSN demo if I wanted to, but that would be quite low on my gaming priority list.

Q3. It depends. There's plenty of things on the PlayStation Store I'd like to get. I could use it to renew my PlayStation Plus subscription, because I want to get the Platinum trophy in Sonic Forces before Sonic Frontiers comes out, or I could get the Ratchet & Clank Collection on PS3, because I want to start playing through that series since I'm finished with Jak and Daxter, or I could always grab some LittleBigPlanet DLC, since that's usually a safe bet. I could also hold onto it until next month and take advantage of this year's Black Friday discounts. Lots of options for me in that price range.

Edited by blue_blur_98

No, I have not played it

I might if there are no unobtainable trophies, and if I did end up playing it I would try to go for the 100% like I do for all of my games.

If I won I would buy DLC for games in my backlog.