Malignant

vojtahonda

I cannot understand how to increase the experience of alchemical abilities. If I walk into an area without being seen by killing enemies with the slingshot or taking them from behind with a square, my stealth increases. And ok. If I turn off the torches and they die with the mice sometimes the alchemy increases, but not always. Maybe with the power bombs it would be safe?
The other kind of skill, on the other hand, I have no idea, maybe I need the crossbow or I have to be seen and killed.

1 hour ago, Siriodorione said:

I cannot understand how to increase the experience of alchemical abilities. If I walk into an area without being seen by killing enemies with the slingshot or taking them from behind with a square, my stealth increases. And ok. If I turn off the torches and they die with the mice sometimes the alchemy increases, but not always. Maybe with the power bombs it would be safe?
The other kind of skill, on the other hand, I have no idea, maybe I need the crossbow or I have to be seen and killed.

Agressive is easy the last crossbow perk is retrieve the arrow from bodies.

Let spot you and kill everybody with the crossbow.

The problem is alchemy it's not clear how the game count that

• Like 1

The 2 following seems to be the best options in my opinion.

First:

- Lure enemies to go into the high grass, then make it burn with ignifer.

It is possible that slingshot make it count in aggresive but i can't confirm anything about that. Simply lauch it with your hand, it work perfectly fine.

there are also those explosive jars, same principle.

Second: (and obvious one)

- Use Extinguis on enemies with toch to make them get eat by the rats.

There are also those fat big enemies in red that can launch some kind of "fire grenade". It is possible that make them drop it count in oportunism but once again i can't confirm. 

Edited by ACTWD

I just started Chapter 8, I think it's about halfway through the game. I miss the first skill bar a little bit to get to the middle, the second is halfway (I received the skill), the third the same just before the middle.
Theoretically speaking, if I go over halfway with all three I should, doing the same things, be able to unlock the trophies, but I'm afraid ?

• Like 1

Powerpyx has a detailed explanation in his trophy guide in "Step 2" where he explains exactly how to get the trophy and how the leveling of the three skills works.

Strangely Opportunism is the easiest for me, I'm already at the third skill bar and I'm in chapter 9. I'm just using my surroundings with the Alchemy and almost never kill enemies directly. Meaning I use Extinguis on enemies with torches to have them eaten by rats, throw tar pots at enemies with torches to burn them, shoot Ignifer at tar pots in the environment and so on.

My lowest is Prudence… I hate Stealth so much, the enemies always spot me.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, anotherfangirl said:

Powerpyx has a detailed explanation in his trophy guide in "Step 2" where he explains exactly how to get the trophy and how the leveling of the three skills works.

Strangely Opportunism is the easiest for me, I'm already at the third skill bar and I'm in chapter 9. I'm just using my surroundings with the Alchemy and almost never kill enemies directly. Meaning I use Extinguis on enemies with torches to have them eaten by rats, throw tar pots at enemies with torches to burn them, shoot Ignifer at tar pots in the environment and so on.

In a section of 7 enemies (if I remember correctly) I beat 4 with the pot that wets them and then I set them on fire, one I killed with a sling, the other two saw me and ran through the door to open. I have increased the second bar and not the third ?

2 hours ago, Siriodorione said:

In a section of 7 enemies (if I remember correctly) I beat 4 with the pot that wets them and then I set them on fire, one I killed with a sling, the other two saw me and ran through the door to open. I have increased the second bar and not the third 1f605.png

You can't level up more than one bar for encounter thats the problem the game decides your playstyle and increase one of the 3 bars

4 hours ago, anotherfangirl said:

DO THIS! 

I'm on chapter 14 and have all of them almost at lvl 3.  I wonder which one will pop first. ?

• Like 1

As I play an early review copy I was thinking it's bugged because I start before some patches. I finished NG+ and got only to middle of the bar, so I start a new playthrough today from scratch to test the theory of kill without been seen to level it up and not to raise the agressive one instead.

Yeah, I don't know what to do. Load a later chapter, kill everyone with alchemy, still got agressive skill...

The real problem now from mid-game on is that there seem to be a lot of chapters where you can't do much, and often there are enemies with armor / helmets with no mice around and no flammable pots nearby. There are very few opportunities to augment that experience. I hope to do it at least a couple more times so as to be more confident of succeeding in NG+ :)

after several tries i found out that killing all enemies will level up the aggressive skill. It doesn't matter if they were killed with alchemy.
I think this is a special bonus for killing all or almost all enemies.

However, if you only kill around 70% or a little bit less of the enemies, you are on the safe side, provided they were killed with alchemy, that alchemy increases.

Edited by Diddi89
  • Like 1

@Optinooby It definitely has to do with X amount of kills per session. I was just around CH3 in NG+ and thats an open easy field with a lot of alchemy kills that can be done.

I did everything stealth and never got seen but killed everything using the powder to let the rats kill the soldiers.

after that session I got a big bump in my aggresive skill.

Currently Chapter 4

- 5% left in stealth

- half a bar left in Agressive

- 1 bar left in Opportunism

This is going to be rough and it sucks hard :D 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Diddi89 said:

after several tries i found out that killing all enemies will level up the aggressive skill. It doesn't matter if they were killed with alchemy.
I think this is a special bonus for killing all or almost all enemies.

However, if you only kill around 70% or a little bit less of the enemies, you are on the safe side, provided they were killed with alchemy, that alchemy increases.

I came here to post this, I'm on chapter 5 and with almost two bars full. I was only able to get 2 full on NG+ on my firsts playthrough's. I was thinking the most kills with alchemy the better, but doesn't matter.

The game register the predominant style, so if you kill with alchemy let's say 50% or a little more of the enemies without being seen, you get it. If you kill everyone, or most of them: agressive. All the time. So, don't kill everyone.

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

I've been experimenting with this on the first encounter it tracks before going forward as I want to be able to fully understand this to better optimise the way forward.

I will test on each encounter so things may change, but this is what I observed on the 1st trackable encounter for the skills:

-- Each encounter will level up by a SET amount, there is no 'bonus' to levelling more. Perhaps bigger encounters give more XP, but so far from this encounter, the XP seems fixed.

-- Finishing the encounter below a certain amount of kills will always give Prudence XP.

-- Finishing the encounter over a certain amount of kills, but below a certain amount of kills will always give Opportunism XP.

-- Finishing the encounter over a certain amount of kills always gives Aggressive XP.

I can get seen, kill an enemy, get seen and escape while still under alert, and I would get Prudence. I could also be in complete stealth, kill one enemy or no enemies and still get Prudence. Killing said enemy with a Knife or the Slingshot will always give Prudence.

Now where it gets interesting is if I kill 2 or 3 enemies, no matter if I get seen or not, finish under stealth or alert and whether I kill those 2 with the Slingshot or the Slingshot and a Knife, it would always give Opportunism.

I can't get Aggressive on the first encounter. There are only 5 enemies and it's impossible to kill more than 3 (60%).

Early days in testing, but so far, just looks to me that it's about how many enemies you kill and it may be percentage based.

-- Below 30% killed - Prudence.

-- Between 30-70% killed - Opportunism.

-- Over 70% killed - Aggressive.

Just a theory for now as I need to test more but looks at the moment that it's related to enemies killed. If this theory checks out, then the XP is being way overcomplicated around the net.

Your friend at the time when you first unlock the skill menu seems to hint to this as well.

-- When you get Prudence, even if you killed 1 or got seen, he will say that you were discreet.

-- When I killed 2 or 3, I would get Opportunism and he said I didn't leave many alive.

-- And I'm guessing for Aggressive if possible there, he would have said that I killed almost everybody.

Maybe this is the problem, players are either killing too little (stealth) or kill too many with alchemy (aggressive). But because even though they are using alchemy or believe they are, because there are killing too many, it's actually counting as Aggressive......

It seems as well that the mention of Alchemy to do this, Environmental kills to do that or Knife to do this etc is purely coincidental and assumptions based around not understanding the system correctly. In turn unfortunately, perhaps overcomplicating it. I say this because all alchemy seems to be in terms of the skill tree is the speed of how you craft etc, but how is that going to affect anything!! I think the skills that unlock don't mean that is what you need to use to unlock those skills, just that levelling that trait (stealth/opportunism etc) is how to unlock those skills!!!

It does sort of go along with the skill names though:

-- Stealth - Just don't kill too many which will make it appear as if you favoured stealth.

-- Opportunism - You're not killing every1, but more than normal, basically utilising opportunities!!

-- Aggressive - Says it all, you are just killing almost every1 as you are Amicia the savage.

Perhaps give this a test, don't overcomplicate it guys and try to just go by amount of enemies killed and share if possible as my testing may be slow.......

EDIT:

Anybody know if you can use Invincibility on NG+ as I heard it's fixed at the higher difficulty. And if so, then could make Aggressive hard on NG+.

I'm thinking of the more optimal way to do all the skills is to figure a spot in the game where the most encounters are together, then just replay those and focus on 1.

So ideally, level up ONLY Prudence and Aggressive on Playthrough 1, then replay Chapters 5-10 for example and do Stealth.

I don't know yet as I'm only on Chapter 2, but I'm just looking ahead and thinking a lot of the game is story, but then there are times where there are a lot of encounters. Thinking about where it is in the game that has the most encounters together in the shortest amount of time as well.

Good points.

• Like 1

Yea, same in the 2nd encounter (8 enemies total I saw).

-- 3 kills or below gave me Prudence.

-- Above that was Opportunism.

-- And 7 killed was Aggressive (didn't check the total needed for this).

Still seems a set amount of XP from each encounter.

It's possible other stuff affects it which I haven't observed yet this early in, but either way, I think it's clear that the biggest impact is X amount of enemies killed and is probably what you should focus on! Or maybe it is completely related to kills and it's just a bit buggy, I noticed in the 2nd encounter, the first 3 enemies can sometimes despawn once the rats come in or 1 may follow you. Also when rats kill an enemy, maybe it only counts if you are looking at it with the camera or something, dunno but I've definitely seen some weird bugs so far and I'm only on Chapter 2.

When I was doing that puzzle with the 2 cranks and brazier in the middle, it all glitched up and Lucas's crank was permanently spinning when he let go and I could no longer grab mine xD

I noticed the Underground section in Chapter 2 gives you a small amount of XP and that is just rats. Though I have no idea how you get anything there other than Opportunism which I got there and I guess is story related.

I think I may try focusing on only 1 going forward and see how much time it takes to level 1 skill if focusing only on that 1. Think I'm going to go with Opportunism first as seems some rat sections progress it.

Edited by Optinooby

I repeat the first big encounter on chapter 3 killing everybody with rats on stealth = aggresive.

The second try not killing everbody and being detected = opportunism.

So the "playstyle was bullshit and only counts the % of enemies defeated?

Next zone with the basic sling and no stealth.

Killing 2 stealth

Killing 3 Opportunism

Killing 5 Aggresive.

WTF ASOBO WTF

Edited by JhOnNY_HD

Basically, instead of creating a game code with an algorithm that calculates every move of the player well, they decided to make a percentage of defeated enemies. You do not defeat any or few of the total and you are good (stealthy), you defeat "a little more" and you are a player who takes the opportunity that the moment offers you, you defeat too many and you are a player who loves combative. ?

• Like 2