Malignant

vojtahonda

Wish I read this thread sooner after spending the day doing New Game Plus. Got the collectibles done but yeah, missing the Opportunism Skill trophy. I too basically killed everyone but using just alchemy. ?

Think I'm going to have to do another playthrough as I'm at Chapter 14 now so probably too late to get it...

Thanks to those who investigated how it works! Guess I'll give it another try tomorrow.

• Like 1

Well that's bloody annoying... Used Chapter Select and continued from Chapter 3. Got to Chapter 6 and wasn't sure if I should have got progress towards Opportunism or not, so went to Chapter Select to redo the sub-chapter... It went and gave me all my progress from when I first went through the game on New Game Plus... Aka Opportunism was down, and Aggressive higher up. So just lost two hours of progress...

Now I don't know if I should carry on, redo but don't use Chapter Select again after or just start a whole new damn save since I know Chapter Select can remove everything. ?

Edit: Went for another option and instead decided to make a new, New Game Plus save. No idea if this will be useful to anyone but maybe an idea of how long it could take you to get it yourselves.

The screenshot below shows where my skills were as soon as it's possible to see the skill menu. This is just after Chapter 2 - Subchapter 4: Confrontation In The Stands. I then got the trophy (and Platinum) approx two hours later just after Chapter 4 - Subchapter 6: The Mass Grave Of The Marshes.

4glojXV.jpg

Edited by SolidNinjaSnake
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SolidNinjaSnake said:

Well that's bloody annoying... Used Chapter Select and continued from Chapter 3. Got to Chapter 6 and wasn't sure if I should have got progress towards Opportunism or not, so went to Chapter Select to redo the sub-chapter... It went and gave me all my progress from when I first went through the game on New Game Plus... Aka Opportunism was down, and Aggressive higher up. So just lost two hours of progress...

Now I don't know if I should carry on, redo but don't use Chapter Select again after or just start a whole new damn save since I know Chapter Select can remove everything. ?

Edit: Went for another option and instead decided to make a new, New Game Plus save. No idea if this will be useful to anyone but maybe an idea of how long it could take you to get it yourselves.

The screenshot below shows where my skills were as soon as it's possible to see the skill menu. This is just after Chapter 2 - Subchapter 4: Confrontation In The Stands. I then got the trophy (and Platinum) approx two hours later just after Chapter 4 - Subchapter 6: The Mass Grave Of The Marshes.

4glojXV.jpg

Thanks mate for that edit, so after 1 Playthrough, you get enough to upgrade about 2.2 out of the 3 skills if I'm reading right??

Cool, so Im going to try to upgrade one skill only, then another, and then do the 3rd skill on NG+.

Do you know if Invincibility works on NG+??

Also (sorry about the questions), were you monitoring and observing so that you know the point in the game where you get the most XP in the least amount of time??

For example, Chapters 3.3 to Chapters 7.2 give you like enough XP for 1 full skill, where Chapters 1 - 3.2 give you only enough XP for 1/3 of a skill..........

I ask because I'm thinking of time efficiency and that could be quicker than replaying from the start and doing chapters which give nothing and so wasting time....

I will learn this anyway along the way, am just curious about it.

I think I'm going to try to log exactly how much % XP you earn from each encounter also for optimisation purposes. I need to make a piece of paper the same length as the skill bar with points on it to indicate 10%, 20%, 30% etc xD

• Like 1

Okay, somehow I managed to get to the end of the game with the three bars at about 60%, 70%, 80%.
In NG + it should be very easy to fill them all. I'll see whether to start over for each one or do everything in a row. For stealth there are mandatory zones that alone would give me 100% so I'll do those.

• Like 2

On 20.10.2022 at 6:20 PM, Optinooby said:

I noticed the Underground section in Chapter 2 gives you a small amount of XP and that is just rats. Though I have no idea how you get anything there other than Opportunism which I got there and I guess is story related.

The section with raising the bridge in chapter 11 also seems to give you Opportunism XP and that's also just rats. I got the notification that I unlocked the second skill in the tree after finishing that section, otherwise I probably would've completely missed that I got XP from it.

Edited by Janire1911
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Janire1911 said:

The section with raising the bridge in chapter 11 also seems to give you Opportunism XP and that's also just rats. I got the notification that I unlocked the second skill in the tree after finishing that section, otherwise I probably would've completely missed that I got XP from it.

I've just hit Chapter 5 and I have 65% in Opportunism I think approx, 4% in Prudence and 2% in Aggressive.

Those Prudence and Aggressive numbers are story related. Opportunism has some story related parts as well.

I'm counting and logging everything and believe it or not, some rat encounters actually give 1% or 2% XP in Opportunism!!

I'm going to start posting my text and video guide tomorrow and all the numbers are in there. I get the ability to upgrade without Tools as early as Chapter 5!!

I tried this all for lot of days. Playing on Xbox and get lot of help from a YT Gamer; for example chapter 3 kill 4 of 7 enemies it counts, next place also 4 of 7 counts and then it stucks; doing it in the place to reach Sophia it counts; before and after not! On new game +. This is sooo annoying and if you ask players which did it, how the do; they won’t help you. I think we need a list how many enemies you have to kill in every place you met them. Only the kills count, not matter if it is with the sling or alchemy 

32 minutes ago, BumNudlZua84 said:

I tried this all for lot of days. Playing on Xbox and get lot of help from a YT Gamer; for example chapter 3 kill 4 of 7 enemies it counts, next place also 4 of 7 counts and then it stucks; doing it in the place to reach Sophia it counts; before and after not! On new game +. This is sooo annoying and if you ask players which did it, how the do; they won’t help you. I think we need a list how many enemies you have to kill in every place you met them. Only the kills count, not matter if it is with the sling or alchemy 

There are some (mini) encounters that don't give XP. For example when you're forced by the story to do a specific playstyle. Just move on if that happens.

@Optinooby I tried to rank all skills up at the same time in my first playthrough and ended up maxing out none of them, too. All three were at 2/3 progress at the end. Finished maxing out all three in Chapter 7 (fishing village encounter) NG+. There's definitely not enough XP to max them all out in one playthrough.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BumNudlZua84 said:

Check the platinum walkthrough I posted, I'm logging there how many kills are needed for everything and how much XP you get for everything, sometimes it's as little as 1%, and sometimes as high as 10%.

I'm listing all pieces as well.

Sadly I doubt any other guides will be as thorough

2 hours ago, proud2bNs said:

There are some (mini) encounters that don't give XP. For example when you're forced by the story to do a specific playstyle. Just move on if that happens.

@Optinooby I tried to rank all skills up at the same time in my first playthrough and ended up maxing out none of them, too. All three were at 2/3 progress at the end. Finished maxing out all three in Chapter 7 (fishing village encounter) NG+. There's definitely not enough XP to max them all out in one playthrough.

Yea it's about 220% isn't it altogether.

I'm trying to level a single skill at a time as much as possible (I know it always isn't possible).

Then I can reload checkpoint when one is maxed and then put that last bit of XP into another skill. It's not much, but I think that will get you another 20% XP or so.

Did you observe if any encounters ever give you more than 10% XP?? That's the highest I've seen so far......

Edited by Optinooby

5 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Did you observe if any encounters ever give you more than 10% XP?? That's the highest I've seen so far......

Hard to tell, honestly. The XP bars won't give you exact numbers. From my experience it's more or less the same amount after all encounters.

24 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

Hard to tell, honestly. The XP bars won't give you exact numbers. From my experience it's more or less the same amount after all encounters.

I've been carefully monitoring and measuring it all, I'm a bit of a weird one as I need to be ever so precise and detailed in my guides.

Some encounters, with rats as an example, I've measures getting 1% Opportunism in a lot, or 3% Prudence in certain encounters. Or even 6% Aggressive in some encounters where you're supposed to kill enemies, but you don't actually have to, but you still get that Aggressive XP, basically story related!!

A lot of XP is story related, up to Chapter 6, I've had about 8 x single story Opportunism events that give 1% XP each, and similar stuff for the rest!

I guess I thought that you may notice if you got over 10% as it would be a massive jump. But yea, I don't expect every1 to take notice as it can ruin the game I bet, I just thought I would ask in case.

It's all clearly listed in that text guide I've been doing if you want an example of it all.

Edited by Optinooby

On 10/21/2022 at 1:19 PM, Barry_Allen97 said:

Boys to progress in the three passive skills of the game all depends solely on the percentage of enemies killed in a meeting. Here are the percentages: Prudence 0-30%, aggressive 71-100% and finally opportunism 31-60% (exactly half). 

This is factual for anyone who still doesn't understand how it works. Has nothing to do with how you're killing enemies. First playthrough you should be going for full stealth as much as possible as that's probably the hardest one to get done. Then in NG+ you can go full aggro - either kill enough for opportunism and rush whatever door, or kill everyone.

I could be wrong but it also seems like most encounters give roughly the same XP at the end, at least up to where I am (chapter 10). Ive been checking after each one and none felt like huge jumps over the others. My two cents is just plan on doing 2 playthroughs, and work on one at a time - preferably always try to stealth first that way if you get seen you can still work on the other two you need. Then when you see one trophy pop, stop going for that amount of kills at the end of encounters - or if you're able to, restart checkpoint and you get one more encounter to do as you wish.

Only thing that sucks is so many long drawn out sequences where you're just walking slowly which makes NG+ a slog even with skipping cutscenes. At least you can turn on no-death mode in NG+ and go as aggro as you want in encounters

Edited by ChibsSoA
  • Like 1

On 10/19/2022 at 2:30 PM, anotherfangirl said:

Powerpyx has a detailed explanation in his trophy guide in "Step 2" where he explains exactly how to get the trophy and how the leveling of the three skills works.

Strangely Opportunism is the easiest for me, I'm already at the third skill bar and I'm in chapter 9. I'm just using my surroundings with the Alchemy and almost never kill enemies directly. Meaning I use Extinguis on enemies with torches to have them eaten by rats, throw tar pots at enemies with torches to burn them, shoot Ignifer at tar pots in the environment and so on.

My lowest is Prudence… I hate Stealth so much, the enemies always spot me.

Make sure you read his recent updates. It has absolutely nothing to do with HOW you kill enemies, but HOW MANY you kill in the encounter.

Credit to PowerPyx and his users for this info: Killing ~0-30% will give points to prudence, 30-70% will give points to opportunism, 70% or more will give points for aggressive.

Edit: I can attest to this because I tried it exactly how he said, killing people however I wanted and still triggered points on the bar I wanted every time bases solely on how many people I killed.

Edited by BodyChipper
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Best way I did all three after finding out on how this all works is this. 

Prudence I try not to kill anyone. Best way I did was to at least have 0 to 1 kills (0 to 20%).

As for Aggressive I just said screw it and try to kill them all. If not than above 50% must die in the area. (Kill them all for best results).

Last but not least Opportunism I had to kill 25% to 50%. Count the number of people than kill half that was a pain to get through the area. I got that last.
I do have a video guide on it and if you all want I can link it even though it is the Xbox Series X version.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi,

I can't get Opportunism bar up in chapter 6.6 Hunting Lesson. Reloaded the chapter, at that stage before facing the armored enemy, how many do I have to kill? I tried to kill 4 of them, the ones without a helmet, (one in front of me just starting the chapter, two after the bridge always straight and finally the one on the terrace) then I ran up to the door to face the armored enemy killing him of course. Then there's the section with the rats and Hugo. End of chapter. But the bar remains unchanged from the beginning of chapter 6.6. Why?

I didn't have trouble with this. But seeing this thread I thought I would comment.

If detected , instead of killing, I would just run to the exit of the encounter or hide.  I would die here and there working out the route. This is what worked for me.  Only kill with extinguishing the torches. Using alchemy. With a little practice you can sneak thru most encounters even heavy armored.

Edited by Natt5kift
maintenance

• 4 months later...

It’s almost like the last chapters it refuses to go up the last slither that I need. This trophy is so bullshit, it’s making me pissed off with the game. Noticing it for what it is: a walking/talking simulator that’s corrupts gaming these days. The first game had way better level design and enemy encounters I hate to break it to ya. It even had 2 bosses, this game just has graphics and a fluff story. Good graphics isn’t what is important. They literally force you sometimes to just walk for up to an hour just listening to the NPCs boring dialogue showing “look how pretty our game is”. I want to play a game not watch a movie.

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone who doesn’t wanna think about these trophies too much, I’d recommend focusing on entirely on stealth in your first playthrough and only killing enemies when you’re forced to, if they’re about to spot you or get in your way etc.

By the end of my first run I had Prudence done and Opportunism around 70-80%. After quickly cleaning that up, you can just run around in NG+ with a fully upgraded crossbow (infinite bolts) and slaughter everything in your path for very easy Aggressive XP. Since NG+ forces you to play on Ultimate difficulty it can potentially make stealth encounters tedious and frustrating anyways, making it best to save Aggressive for last in my opinion.