P5R PS5 Trophy Thoughts?

DyrekRacc

31 minutes ago, AlchemistWer said:

It’s a shame royal is so easy and vanilla version just has a trophy list in English, maybe I will buy this anyway.

Okay, fine, I guess you platinumed Persona 4 Golden. xD

But seriously, this was the only Persona game I platinumed because the original was an 99% Carbon Copy of Persona 4 Golden. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Persona 4 story, but I wish I could have skipped the whole Marie sub-plot at the end, because that special dungeon sucked *$$. ? Also, Futaba didn't deserve to have a Hardcore Risette trophy attached to her. She's my waifu and I hated that. (Also, yes, I did try to platinum the original Persona 5 and bought it for cheap, but... ?)

I was gonna platinum this version when it came out, but since it's just a stack, I might just do the version I already have because it has all the DLC frontloaded, so I can just Press Myriad Truths to Win for Halloween. :P I can stack this on Thanksgiving when I have more money. My MMO really (censored) me up so badly this month with their cash shop. I burned my entire account crafting a house and would prefer to enjoy that house. *sigh*

Maybe if the PS5 version had a quality of life addition, I would reconsider.

Edited by Taruta13

4 minutes ago, DesmaBR said:

no

This is confirmed?

Man I wanted an autpop for this. I love the game, but I don't like replaying games for the most part and I've already played through P5 twice (more like 4 times since you have to replay most of it for the plat as I recall). it may be one of my all-time favorite game but goodness do i not need to play it a 3rd+ time...

2 minutes ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

This is confirmed?

Man I wanted an autpop for this. I love the game, but I don't like replaying games for the most part and I've already played through P5 twice (more like 4 times since you have to replay most of it for the plat as I recall). it may be one of my all-time favorite game but goodness do i not need to play it a 3rd+ time...

Yeah

Edited by DesmaBR

Looks like the exact same list as PS4.

Honestly don't have a reason to buy the PS5 version when it's $60 with no autopop and no free or even $10 upgrade...

I guess SEGA believes people will buy it anyways? A number of Like A Dragon games don't have autopop, but at least they have free upgrades.

Edited by Arido
Fixed LAD statement

42 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

Okay, fine, I guess you platinumed Persona 4 Golden. xD

I actually did it, two time btw. ?

I mean. Atlus does not included some teophies like the affinity trophy and compendium trophy and it was actually something fun to do. The first time I played royal on ps4 almost at the end of the game I realized that I don’t need to do it and thought “ok, nice…”

Golden is an awesome game, I don’t care too much about hardcore Risette-chan trophy, it comes almost naturally and I got it at the same dungeon first and second time I play Golden.

I can’t say P5 is a carbon copy of golden… i mean if you don’t like the grind in Persona series it’s fine and I don’t have a problem if people enjoy more Royal than vanila version, but I think vanila has it own experience, personally I enjoyed more the first game than Royal.

I knew it would be the exact same, I couldn't picture them doing anything different. 

Am I correct in saying that this is not autopop and requires another 140+ hours to platinum (took me 184 hours on the PS4 version to plat). I do love this game so will gladly do it all again, maybe making different choices with the romance. 

I bought this one on PS4 a while ago when it was on sale and never played it. Now that there is a PS5 version I want the latest one. Is there any difference at all though or am I better off saving my money? I haven't looked at the trophy lists to compare or anything as I want to do a blind playthrough first so figured I might as well ask you guys.

17 minutes ago, PeachyJacobs said:

I bought this one on PS4 a while ago when it was on sale and never played it. Now that there is a PS5 version I want the latest one. Is there any difference at all though or am I better off saving my money? I haven't looked at the trophy lists to compare or anything as I want to do a blind playthrough first so figured I might as well ask you guys.

Only difference is 60 fps on PS5 I believe, on PS4Pro you get 4k on the P5R so not even an upgrade there.

• Like 3

It's a bit of a shame they couldn't make it slightly different than the PS4 release (at least add an extra small trophy list).

From what I've read, Persona 5 Royal on PS5 is nearly identical to running the PS4 version on a PS5 (save maybe a tiny bit better performance). Royal is one of the best games I've ever played, but I would wait for a sale to double-dip. I'm not paying that kind of price for a 99% identical experience. I played Royal on the PS4 Pro and it ran well.

If you play on the easiest difficulty and look up a few small things, the game is about a 2/10 Platinum, mmaaybbee 3/10 at most. I plan on playing the game again one day, and it will be nice to get trophies again (but that's just a bonus, not the reason). 

• Like 1

No issues with it not having auto stack or save transfer, for me if it has either of them two I normally don't buy the game again there is no point if I already own it and it does not offer replay value.
It's been two years apart for me getting the plat for each of the three versions so it's a nice way to enjoy a good game, (Still think P4G has a better story line)
But the Royal trophy list is also easier then standard so that is also a bonus.

Edited by fisty123