Changes from GC version to PS3 version

ExHaseo

Thanks for the info, i played the NGC version and think i´ll be a peace of cake obtain the plat, never be so wrong!! LOL.

lol, even the GC version was bad enough, since you need 3 playthroughs to complete the collector's book, but now it's even worse. At least it's a good game, so it shouldn't be too bad playing through 5 times. xD

• Like 1

Thanks OP for the solid post! :)

I'm not particularly intrested in getting the Platinum Trophie for this game, but I AM a bit of a completionist in rpgs - and since it's been over 10 years since I last beat ToS on GameCube, I'm glad you posted these tweeks/changes, as I most likely wouldn't be able to spot them on my own.

As far as Graphic/Sound changes between the original GC release, and the PS2 port (which the PS3 version is based on) - because the GC was more powerful, the PS2 version's texture details where lowered across the board (environments, character models, world map, etc), the overworld camera was lowered (as the PS2 had LOD issues), various GC only visual effects (like certain blur filters) where cut because PS2 hardware didn't support them, the over world map was drastically reduced in graphic quality & details, and the PS2 version was both lower resolution & had less vibrant colors. 

The PS2 version had remastered audio, new music, a new intro song, and better sound effects. But since THAT version was only released in japan, I'm sure that the dialogue audio in the US/UK releases of ToS: Chronicles (PS3) is a simple port of the original North American GC version.

Glad I could help. I know I'd be very confused if I was following one of the GC guides, thought I had everything, and not getting the trophy to pop.

I know of all of the specific changes, I just didn't want to clutter the post even more with the details. It's already a large post, so I only wanted to put up the stuff important to the trophies. The other stuff is relatively unimportant.

• Like 1

- During the event in Flanoir, Kratos no longer automatically appears as the fourth visitor. If you refuse the first two, you'll automatically go with the third. Making recruiting Kratos much harder than before.

here are new unison attacks, elemental variations of skills, and each character has a new skill. Every character, except Sheena, now has a hidden skill.

Does that means there is no other way to get him back after that? I'm currently at the last save point before the last boss, and I still haven't found a way to get Kratos back in my team. I couldn't find any information on it either, so if you would be kind enough to point me in the right direction, it would be awesome!

Thanks

Does that means there is no other way to get him back after that? I'm currently at the last save point before the last boss, and I still haven't found a way to get Kratos back in my team. I couldn't find any information on it either, so if you would be kind enough to point me in the right direction, it would be awesome!

Thanks

Only if kratos sympatize to you more than zelos, you have to be bad with zelos and a good way to sympatize with kratos is to participate in all his events like the sword lesson you get in different points of the journey.

Thanks

What he said isn't really true. It has nothing to do with Zelos, but if you choose Kratos then you do lose Zelos for the rest of the game.

The way that the game works, is that when you make decisions throughout the story, and when you find those glowing things that pop up skits on the world map, each character's affection points change depending on what you say.. What you need to do, is get Kratos' affection value into the top three out of all of your characters so that he knocks on your door during the doctor scene in Flanoir. This is very difficult to do without an affection guide, since he's with you for such a short time. I've attached a guide. What you need to do, is to get + affection for Kratos whenever possible, and get - affection for everyone else as much as possible. Especially Colette and Genis. Those two start with the highest affection values, and are automatically in your top 3 unless you get a lot of - affection.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/920235-tales-of-symphonia/faqs/32197

How can I trigger the hotel-scene with my "soulmate"? I sleep in the hotel, but nothing special happened.

I'm actually not sure. It didn't trigger for me either. It's supposed to happen right after getting the free pass. I didn't sleep in the hotel right after getting the free pass, so I assumed that's why it didn't trigger. You can check your affection values by talking to the fortune teller in Triet if that's all you're worried about. However, when she says "soulmate" it just means they have max affection. It's possible that another character has a higher overall value. She told me Kratos was my soulmate, yet he still didn't appear in Flanoir.

What he said isn't really true. It has nothing to do with Zelos, but if you choose Kratos then you do lose Zelos for the rest of the game.

The way that the game works, is that when you make decisions throughout the story, and when you find those glowing things that pop up skits on the world map, each character's affection points change depending on what you say.. What you need to do, is get Kratos' affection value into the top three out of all of your characters so that he knocks on your door during the doctor scene in Flanoir. This is very difficult to do without an affection guide, since he's with you for such a short time. I've attached a guide. What you need to do, is to get + affection for Kratos whenever possible, and get - affection for everyone else as much as possible. Especially Colette and Genis. Those two start with the highest affection values, and are automatically in your top 3 unless you get a lot of - affection.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/920235-tales-of-symphonia/faqs/32197

I'm actually not sure. It didn't trigger for me either. It's supposed to happen right after getting the free pass. I didn't sleep in the hotel right after getting the free pass, so I assumed that's why it didn't trigger. You can check your affection values by talking to the fortune teller in Triet if that's all you're worried about. However, when she says "soulmate" it just means they have max affection. It's possible that another character has a higher overall value. She told me Kratos was my soulmate, yet he still didn't appear in Flanoir.

Sorry if misunderstand me but myu point is: if you wanna get kratos, them be good with, sympatize with and the best way to do it, is trigger the sword lessons with him before the tower of salvation event thats my point.

And about zelos it does have something or at least is related (in the faq i read and in the brady games guide i own) sorry if i can express well but my main languagues is spanish.

But to get kratos to the end you need to symphatize with him and you have to be mean against zelos, that for sure the way i get kratos on the NGC version.

Sorry if misunderstand me but myu point is: if you wanna get kratos, them be good with, sympatize with and the best way to do it, is trigger the sword lessons with him before the tower of salvation event thats my point.

And about zelos it does have something or at least is related (in the faq i read and in the brady games guide i own) sorry if i can express well but my main languagues is spanish.

But to get kratos to the end you need to symphatize with him and you have to be mean against zelos, that for sure the way i get kratos on the NGC version.

That's not really true though. You don't need the lessons, they just help raising his affection. And you don't need to be mean to Zelos, you have to be mean to Colette and Genis. You can just ignore Zelos and get Kratos. In the GC version you didn't have to do anything to get Kratos. He automatically appeared.

• Like 1

That's not really true though. You don't need the lessons, they just help raising his affection. And you don't need to be mean to Zelos, you have to be mean to Colette and Genis. You can just ignore Zelos and get Kratos. In the GC version you didn't have to do anything to get Kratos. He automatically appeared.

ok  i agree he´s shows up automatically, but i got him in the third row, cause my first was sheena, then collette and third kratos and i share this, cause it worked or at least seem to work for me,  but you´re rigth that´s way to get him, i´ll try cause my way to get him is longer.

Damn, I didn't sleep there asap either. Nope, that's not the problem. I actually just wanted to see the extra convo with my soulmate~ (which happened to be Colette. My Flanoir visitors were Colette > Kratos > Regal.)

EDIT:

Nevermind, I triggered it!

Edited by Juudaime

Updated because I found another bug fix. You can no longer pause while moving in the red light green light minigame. Also added in that you could get the plat in 4 playthroughs instead of 5, if you can get both Genis and Regal into your top 3 on your fourth playthrough.

Edited by ExHaseo

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Bug that let certain characters learn both T and S variations has been removed.

So I'm having difficulties getting Genis to learn certain moves like Thunder Blade no matter how many times I use lightning. Does this mean because I'm using the opposite attack style that I can never get Thunder Blade? Assuming that's the case, that is. I'm at the end of the game and Genis still only has mid level spells which is sort of frustrating and I haven't been able to figure out why Genis wasn't learning these spells. 

• 2 months later...

Well since you are listing the changes here, i was wondering if you could tell me how to get the Theatre Ticket key item.

I have done the jokebook scene in Mizuho, and the Zelos/Raine stage scene in Altamira several times.

I have read from many other places that this event was linked to the Theatre Ticket, but i never get it afterwards.

I'm almost certain that Kratos' Flanoir item is the last thing that i need, but i would like to make sure before i get to my final play through.