Trophy thoughts?

A very strange trophy list for call of duty. I mean I do kinda like misc trophies that make you do certain things that you'd have no other reason to do. I really don't see why there aren't campaign challenges like in BO2 and BO3. At least there's veteran trophy even if it'll be almost certainly piss easy

Just now, olliebear66t said:

A very strange trophy list for call of duty. I mean I do kinda like misc trophies that make you do certain things that you'd have no other reason to do. I really don't see why there aren't campaign challenges like in BO2 and BO3. At least there's veteran trophy even if it'll be almost certainly piss easy

Don't be too sure, in an interview IW said they want to bring back a level of challenge to the veteran mode. It could well be like Cod 4. I hope it is. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

Don't be too sure, in an interview IW said they want to bring back a level of challenge to the veteran mode. It could well be like Cod 4. I hope it is. 

Veteran isn't challenging at all. You die really fast, 2 or maybe 3 shots and you are dead but it's not hard and you have checkpoints all over the place. So don't have high hopes for a crazy hard veteran trophy.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix

1 hour ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

Veteran isn't challenging at all. You die really fast, 2 or maybe 3 shots and you are dead but it's not hard and you have checkpoints all over the place. So don't have high hopes for a crazy hard veteran trophy.

Yeah I agree veteran isn’t hard, especially half of the time you can just let the npc kill the bad guys lol. Only challenge I had was doing alone on vet without shooting a gun even then I was spamming throwing knives 

Edited by MoneyShotxox
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Crash_nv said:

Hence the “unpopular opinion” heading of my post. 

I fully understand that’s the case but half the reason why they despise them is that they get slapped into next week playing anything competitive online and would much prefer their dopamine hit following powerpyx’s guide on how to brainlessly kill AI and collect scattered crap within a level. 

on the other hand I agree that server shut downs are a big pain, so there’s that too. 

shoutout to @PowerPyx btw love their work. 

I usually hate games that force me to look at guides. A good example is Gotham Knights, been looking at random stuff for that and it seems the Batarangs aren't marked on the map at all. What a hoke. Forcing you to look at a guide.

Personally, I just take a glance at a guide to see if there are any missable/glitched/online/co-op, etc.

But, hey, if you really wanted mp trophies I can see the annoyance.

On 2022-10-20 at 1:45 PM, Skurkitty said:

Zombies trophies are the bane of my CoD experience... and I see none here. With Warzone being their major selling point these days it seems the days of 5 zombie dlc pack lists is over (if MW1 is an indication). Thank fucking god.

no zombies in Modern Warfare lol ... never has been.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

Hard to see how there would be zombie trophies when there’s no zombie mode in the game.

1 hour ago, JewishPanCaKe said:

no zombies in Modern Warfare lol ... never has been.

I use zombies as a general term. Modern Warfare 3 had Spec Ops missions which was basically just reskinned zombies (imo). Advanced Warfare had a variant, as did Ghosts. Etc etc.

My overall point was I'm glad I see none of that.

12 hours ago, Crash_nv said:

Hence the “unpopular opinion” heading of my post. 

I fully understand that’s the case but half the reason why they despise them is that they get slapped into next week playing anything competitive online and would much prefer their dopamine hit following powerpyx’s guide on how to brainlessly kill AI and collect scattered crap within a level. 

on the other hand I agree that server shut downs are a big pain, so there’s that too. 

shoutout to @PowerPyx btw love their work. 

Exactly. COD is majority a multiplayer game so I wish this list was MOSTLY MP trophies.

5 hours ago, MoneyShotxox said:

Yeah I agree veteran isn’t hard, especially half of the time you can just let the npc kill the bad guys lol. Only challenge I had was doing alone on vet without shooting a gun even then I was spamming throwing knives 

Yeah I had no material for the final part of ALONE on veteran no gun run. All I had to use was two mines and a bottle and I still somehow beat it after about 30 attempts.

Edited by Cutttah
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

Fingers crossed. I get that games are supposed to be more accessible now but yeah when you pick veteran or the hardest difficulty in a game you do expect a challenge haha. I just want more games to have a one hit kill lol

Vet, while not too challenging, was definitely harder than the last few games. But the AI actually does stuff in this so are a big help.

Now just need to wait and see if “Co-op” is actually the name of this mode, or it means need to play a mission and get 20 fragments with somebody else. I’m guessing the former as in the game installs it calls that part of the game “Co-op”.

• Like 1

It's cute seeing this new generation of CoD players surprised that an IW CoD doesn't have MP trophies. 3arc CoDs are the UR ones, with Sledgehammer ones usually being not-quite-UR, then IW ones being piss easy, usually attainable entirely offline. At least MWII has online trophies (unless there's splitscreen coop)

• Like 3

On 2022-10-21 at 0:57 AM, AUSTRALIANDJ said:

Id love to know what's going through the heads of the achievement department. Who wants to do mundane tasks? Surely a good list makes gamers explore the list fully. The fact that there was no trophies on the dlc zombies maps in cold war appalled me. And these guys again can't even seem to manage to throw in war zone or multiplayer trophies when there's easily the potential. Why not accommodate for all of your gamer base. 

Companies like this are piggy backing off their name and just making dollars by putting in minimal effort. Fifa is another example of this. But surely the business decision would be to accommodate for achievement hunters. Maybe they make them so easy so they don't deter people. I don't know.

If they could just write in a few more interesting coop trophies they'd have a lot more retention.

Congrats to everyone who wanted an easy list. 1f605.png Enjoy this one dimensional package. 

See, it’s the opposite for me. If they threw in co-op trophies it’d make me annoyed. Having to have a friend for MW2 (2009)’s Spec Ops for two missions was annoying.

The two missions were super fun and I enjoyed playing them with a friend, but actually finding a friend to play it with wasn’t.

11 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

See, it’s the opposite for me. If they threw in co-op trophies it’d make me annoyed. Having to have a friend for MW2 (2009)’s Spec Ops for two missions was annoying.

The two missions were super fun and I enjoyed playing them with a friend, but actually finding a friend to play it with wasn’t.

Ill be honest when I first experienced multiplayer achievements I was furious years ago. Now I think ive just been desensitised and consider it another important skill with some of these collaborative games.

On 2022-10-21 at 3:32 PM, Skurkitty said:

I use zombies as a general term. Modern Warfare 3 had Spec Ops missions which was basically just reskinned zombies (imo). Advanced Warfare had a variant, as did Ghosts. Etc etc.

My overall point was I'm glad I see none of that.

there is spec ops in this game though.

• Like 1

Is it a given that this is the final list? I kinda presumed that they'd tack some MP trophies on (and other game modes if there are any) once full release is out? But I guess they can't update the plat list. So this is the complete list for plat and if they did do that, it'd be like a DLC list for MP?

On 10/20/2022 at 1:56 PM, TGS_trix123 said:

Easy af like mw2019

Seriously I did all the base achievements (no coop/multiplayer spec ops) first 2 days easily!

On 10/21/2022 at 4:35 PM, castlecrasher317 said:

This campaign on Veteran is no Joke i'd put it slightly below Modern Warfare Remastered in terms of difficulty, as there have been a few late game missions that are absolutely miserable to deal with on Vet.

If you played CoD veteran games before and are good overall its truly not that bad.

17 hours ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

Now that Spec Ops is available, curious what are the thoughts on them this time around? Remember back in MW19 took many tries for me 1f605.png

Very easy, the AI is braindead and buggy. Three stars in Denied Area might prove a little tricky without a friend, although you even get checkpoints to retry. 

Highly disappointing mode tbh; it and the trophy list are nothing compared to the original MW2.