Game is an easy platinum, only takes about 20 hours as well

Spraragen88

36 minutes ago, Spraragen88 said:

Powerpyx has posted their guide already and oh boy it takes less time to platinum this game than some of the Lego Batman ones. 

https://www.powerpyx.com/gotham-knights-trophy-guide-roadmap/

If this plays like the Arkham games it may not be so simple for some I'm no slouch at games and until I played the Arkham games I felt pretty good about my reflexes and ability to string combos but I'm every single one my combos break for no reason I can even be actively hitting an enemy full contact and the combo just drops I've changed controllers consoles everything I can think of but cannot string combos very long in the Arkham games I dunno what's going on and I've known others that experience the same hopefully this will be better. Even the origins game had problems with combos especially that electric gauntlet thing

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

If this plays like the Arkham games it may not be so simple for some I'm no slouch at games and until I played the Arkham games I felt pretty good about my reflexes and ability to string combos but I'm every single one my combos break for no reason I can even be actively hitting an enemy full contact and the combo just drops I've changed controllers consoles everything I can think of but cannot string combos very long in the Arkham games I dunno what's going on and I've known others that experience the same hopefully this will be better. Even the origins game had problems with combos especially that electric gauntlet thing

Looking at the trophy list it seems to be more forgiving then the Arkham games. However even Knight was pretty easy but the DLC challenge maps were an entirely different level.  I anticipate some hard DLC trophies down the line.

• Like 1

Not at all surprising that the list is easy/short. I'd be more surprised if it wasn't to be honest. It seems par for course to keep trophy lists in new games, especially triple-A games, conventional and on the easier side. 

This game appears to be more similar to Guardians of the Galaxy than the old Arkham games both gameplay-wise and trophy-wise. 

I know people were worried about the 'Complete 50 challenges' trophy thinking it would be like the Arkham games challenges but that isn't the case. The challenges are all tied to collectibles and mission objectives which you'll get automatically while going for platinum so not much of a 'challenge' involved at all. 

11 hours ago, Spraragen88 said:

Powerpyx has posted their guide already and oh boy it takes less time to platinum this game than some of the Lego Batman ones. 

https://www.powerpyx.com/gotham-knights-trophy-guide-roadmap/

Glad to see no missables. But comparing the game to Lego Batman is in poor taste, as I absolutely hated Lego Batman 3.

11 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Glad to see no missables. But comparing the game to Lego Batman is in poor taste, as I absolutely hated Lego Batman 3.

So wouldn't that be a great comparison? The worst Rocksteady/WB Games Montreal game (Gotham Knights) compared to (your) least liked LEGO Batman game?

22 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Seems like an odd issue. Especially since nobody else encounters this and the series is one of the most praised freeflow combat games.

16 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

So wouldn't that be a great comparison? The worst Rocksteady/WB Games Montreal game (Gotham Knights) compared to (your) least liked LEGO Batman game?

Seems like an odd issue. Especially since nobody else encounters this and the series is one of the most praised freeflow combat games.

I don't have any trouble with freeflow fighting I'm basically still pulling off the combos and the actions that should be giving me the trophies easily but the combo counter is the issue like for example 

You who may not have issues like me may get a 40 hit combo on the counter in x amount of time I can mimic you hit for hit completely synced to your gameplay I'm a perfect mirror but where your counter is rising 12345678910 mines more like 1234 12345 123 12345 it just drops the counter and starts over 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zeep_Xanflorp92 said:

Yikes. GameFly just shipped my copy but now this is making me reconsider even going for platinum. 

Crimes are like the ones in Spider-Man accept you're given a fixed position, and just as boring but more.

Some of the collectables add lore and are interesting if you're into that, but 60 are just batarangs in the wall.

Edited by DARKKRAKEN666
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I don't have any trouble with freeflow fighting I'm basically still pulling off the combos and the actions that should be giving me the trophies easily but the combo counter is the issue like for example 

You who may not have issues like me may get a 40 hit combo on the counter in x amount of time I can mimic you hit for hit completely synced to your gameplay I'm a perfect mirror but where your counter is rising 12345678910 mines more like 1234 12345 123 12345 it just drops the counter and starts over 

What I’m saying is how are you the only person ever to have an issue with it? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DARKKRAKEN666 said:

Easy but i'm not sure i have the stomach to collect 154 collectables and grind 250 crimes. Life is too short and my backlog too big.

It concerns me that the game is only 20 hours, and has this many crimes and collectibles. Sounds like a 5 hour campaign....

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DARKKRAKEN666 said:

It is pretty short if you played very easy and just did main line missions you would be done in 6 hours easy.

I would say 6 hours is about right if you just plow through the main story and ignore all the side content. And at least an hour of that is cutscenes and tutorials so it's really like 5 hours of actual gameplay. 

Abysmally short main campaign and not a particularly good one either. Games are getting shorter and shorter and padded more and more with boring side content while getting more expensive. Not exactly a good trend. 

2 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I'm not lol just because I'm the first that you have seen doesn't make me the only one its not even a super rare issue 

I’d love to see others with that issue. In my decade playing the Arkham games I’ve never seen anybody complain about their combat randomly getting wiped

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I've changed controllers consoles everything I can think of but cannot string combos very long in the Arkham games

Since you have changed both controllers and consoles, there doesn't seem to be any other explanation than you not being as good as you think you are.

I remember i had a hard time getting combos when i played Arkham Asylum for the first time, until i learned the timing.

On topic:

I am really dissapointed about hearing how bad the game is. As a DC fan i was really looking forward to this ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

and on that thread, there are 2 people that complained about it. The rest just talked about issues that can break your combo (double evading, which in this case it wasn't), and what it likely was (pressing buttons too rapidly)

> so I was just button mashing to get it done faster
> I didn't wait at all doing this.

Edited by OmegaRejectz

3 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

and on that thread, there are 2 people that complained about it. The rest just talked about issues that can break your combo (double evading, which in this case it wasn't), and what it likely was (pressing buttons too rapidly)

> so I was just button mashing to get it done faster
> I didn't wait at all doing this.

Never mind im not stooping to your level you asked to see other people having the problem I provide it from 12 years ago even there's more if you look through stuff you insist it's not enough they must be bad at it so yeah not in the mood for a troll just move on go play some games I'm going to Arkham's not but a blip in the radar on my list 

Edited by Taliesin_2943
  • Like 1