Spraragen88

Game is an easy platinum, only takes about 20 hours as well

56 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Never mind im not stooping to your level you asked to see other people having the problem I provide it from 12 years ago even there's more if you look through stuff you insist it's not enough they must be bad at it so yeah not in the mood for a troll just move on go play some games I'm going to Arkham's not but a blip in the radar on my list 

I am not trying to troll or be mean, but i just can't come up with other explanations than you are doing something wrong. My guess is also that you press the buttons too fast.

There could be a glitch with a specific game i think. There could definitely be something wrong with the controller or console. But since you tried different consoles, controllers and played all the different Arkham games (two of them twice), it seems near impossible for you to be that unlucky.

 

I have also played them all on different consoles and have never experienced it.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Out of curiousity, why? I plan on playing Lego Batman 3 down the line so want to know what awaits me lol.

Some bricks are buggy (there's one on one of the Green Lantern planets, that I had to do several times, as the enemies kept despawning), Harley Quinn disappeared for one side mission, and the voice acting is shit-tier (especially Mister Freeze). That said, the driving is much better than Lego Marvel Super-Heroes.

Edited by ArmoredSnowman
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Some bricks are buggy (there's one on one of the Green Lantern planets, that I had to do several times, as the enemies kept despawning), Harley Quinn disappeared for one side mission, and the voice acting is shit-tier (especially Mister Freeze). That said, the driving is much better than Lego Marvel Super-Heroes.

 

Oh dear. Thanks for the heads up. I'm actually playing Lego DC Villains at the moment which is probably the most modern/recent Lego game I've played. Its presentation is very good but it crashed on the character customisation screen and has quite a few bugs on the very first mission, so the franchise seems to get buggier as it goes along.

 

Anyway, back on topic. I have a feeling that Gotham Knights will be enjoyable with a few patches down the line and, preferably, when it's on sale. The worst I've heard about it is that it's grindy but I'm sure most of us on this site are no strangers to grinding in games. People disliked  Avengers but I enjoyed it when I played it earlier this year.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

 

Oh dear. Thanks for the heads up. I'm actually playing Lego DC Villains at the moment which is probably the most modern/recent Lego game I've played. Its presentation is very good but it crashed on the character customisation screen and has quite a few bugs on the very first mission, so the franchise seems to get buggier as it goes along.

 

Anyway, back on topic. I have a feeling that Gotham Knights will be enjoyable with a few patches down the line and, preferably, when it's on sale. The worst I've heard about it is that it's grindy but I'm sure most of us on this site are no strangers to grinding in games. People disliked  Avengers but I enjoyed it when I played it earlier this year.

That said, Lego Batman 3 is an easy plat, as the races weren't too bad (v.s. the absolute shitfest of Marvel Super-Heroes), but I liked Lego Avengers the most. As for Avengers, I felt the campaign was solid (though I hated playing as Iron Man), and loved playing as Black Widow -- but the repetitive content in online mode was boring, and didn't help that I had to redo all the HARM rooms, as the trophy wouldn't pop. I haven't played Avengers since Kate Bishop came out (she was fun to play as), since I wish the DLC content would have trophies.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

That said, Lego Batman 3 is an easy plat, as the races weren't too bad (v.s. the absolute shitfest of Marvel Super-Heroes), but I liked Lego Avengers the most. As for Avengers, I felt the campaign was solid (though I hated playing as Iron Man), and loved playing as Black Widow -- but the repetitive content in online mode was boring, and didn't help that I had to redo all the HARM rooms, as the trophy wouldn't pop. I haven't played Avengers since Kate Bishop came out (she was fun to play as), since I wish the DLC content would have trophies.

 

I also liked Lego Avengers, particularly just running around in the New York open world just saving Stan Lee and doing various environmental puzzles.

Iron Man, like most of the characters in (Marvel's) Avengers, only gets good when you reach about level 30 with him. His rockets can clear a room in seconds. Before that, he's trash. If you like Kate Bishop you'll really like Hawkeye as he basically renders her obsolete and is arguably the second best character after Thor.  

 

The Gotham Knights UI actually reminds me a lot of much of Avengers before the Black Panther patch - which was absolutely awful - and I am almost certain this will be amongst the first thing that's changed. I think Gotham Knights might have a harder time bouncing back than Avengers did though, because it seemed like a live service game that got turned into a traditional third person action adventure but the remnants of those live service aspects are still there, hence the grindiness. Whereas Avengers is the complete opposite in that the first few hours plays like an Uncharted style action adventure but then fully commits to being a live service and never looks back. I actually think Gotham Knights may have been better if WB Montreal had just stuck to their guns rather than trying to course correct halfway through. I just hope they don't release a bunch of co-op DLC trophies.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

I just hope they don't release a bunch of co-op DLC trophies.

Considering the upcoming 4 player mode, it might end up like Ghost of Tsushima's raids trophies.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I have "a problem" xD
I don't understand how to defeat 30 "Regulator Drone Masters" after finishing

Spoiler

Mr Freeze's side case

Until it was complete I found ONE enemy in crime "haking", NEVER found one of them in crime whites or other reds. But now after completing that case I ONLY appear the old type of that faction and the "Regulator Drone Masters" no longer come.
Do you happen to know if they come back as you advance in the main?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else having trophy issues

 

Just started Case File 4 and haven't got the trophy for case file 3 yet 

 

Since these are story trophies it kind of has me worried 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Siriodorione said:

I think I have "a problem" xD
I don't understand how to defeat 30 "Regulator Drone Masters" after finishing

  Hide contents

Mr Freeze's side case

Until it was complete I found ONE enemy in crime "haking", NEVER found one of them in crime whites or other reds. But now after completing that case I ONLY appear the old type of that faction and the "Regulator Drone Masters" no longer come.
Do you happen to know if they come back as you advance in the main?

 

The Drone Masters and Godmothers are the two rarest enemies I found. The game doesn't seem to want to spawn many in the open-world post-story. Keep trying though and restarting the night and eventually RNG will work in your favor. They tend to only spawn during the high or very high risk crimes. 

 

I had more of a problem with the Godmothers. I'd go out of my way to do all of the mob crimes and scour the mob areas and many nights the game wouldn't spawn any Godmothers. Eventually you get lucky and the game will spawn 3 in one night or something but yeah, the Godmothers was one of the last trophies I got. Even after grinding 250 crimes and doing everything else, I still didn't have 30 but I eventually got it. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mega-tallica said:

 

The Drone Masters and Godmothers are the two rarest enemies I found. The game doesn't seem to want to spawn many in the open-world post-story. Keep trying though and restarting the night and eventually RNG will work in your favor. They tend to only spawn during the high or very high risk crimes. 

 

I had more of a problem with the Godmothers. I'd go out of my way to do all of the mob crimes and scour the mob areas and many nights the game wouldn't spawn any Godmothers. Eventually you get lucky and the game will spawn 3 in one night or something but yeah, the Godmothers was one of the last trophies I got. Even after grinding 250 crimes and doing everything else, I still didn't have 30 but I eventually got it. 

I am now at the end of case 02, I'm afraid that advancing in the main quest will increase the factions and decrease the chances of finding the masters of the drones. For example when hidden trophy enemies appear, there will be crimes with them right? So it will be harder to find others. I just miss the drones, the Godmothers I did it easily before I started Mr. Freeze's mission, they come often. That's why I want to do drones now.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Siriodorione said:

I am now at the end of case 02, I'm afraid that advancing in the main quest will increase the factions and decrease the chances of finding the masters of the drones. For example when hidden trophy enemies appear, there will be crimes with them right? So it will be harder to find others. I just miss the drones, the Godmothers I did it easily before I started Mr. Freeze's mission, they come often. That's why I want to do drones now.

 

I'd wait until you complete all the main story missions. I noticed during my NG+ playthrough that the game locks you into certain faction patterns as you advance but after you finish you get more of a random draw every night and a lot more high risk crimes where enemies like the Drone Masters tend to spawn the most at. 

 

You'll have to grind crimes later no matter what to get to 250 for the trophy, so I wouldn't really worry about it. And you'll most likely run into a few more during the story anyway. You're still quite early in the game. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doubt I'll be getting this, even for an easy plat :D 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2022 at 0:40 PM, DARKKRAKEN666 said:

Easy but i'm not sure i have the stomach to collect 154 collectables and grind 250 crimes. Life is too short and my backlog too big.

🤣🤣 real talk!! Took the words out of my mouth! 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

Recent trophy guide says 40 hours, this thread says 20.

 

Anyone share some insight?

 

I say realistically it takes closer to 40 hours, if you play at a decent pace. You COULD plat it in 20 hours if you absolutely rushed yourself and did everything very efficiently. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game is on sale on the US PS Store for $35. I feel tempted to buy it. Is the performance bad? Is the game any fun?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BattleFeverC said:

The game is on sale on the US PS Store for $35. I feel tempted to buy it. Is the performance bad? Is the game any fun?

 

I haven't played a whole lot but it has been really fun so far playing co-op with a mate. The game looks amazing as well and the cut scenes are great. Don't go in expecting an Arkham game though otherwise you will be disappointed.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game IMO is definitely not 20 hours. It is closer to 40 hours.

 

Not a hard plat at all and not a crazy grind. Collectibles are whatever.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2022 at 3:01 PM, BattleFeverC said:

The game is on sale on the US PS Store for $35. I feel tempted to buy it. Is the performance bad? Is the game any fun?

 

If you are OK with 30 FPS it at least seems to hold that in my experience thus far and looks great while doing so. I got it during the sale and I'm enjoying it so far. As has been stated, the combat is not on the level of Rocksteady's Arkham games but it's not bad either. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a great game. Certainly not a 20 hour plat. Even if you did, clearly you wasn't in for the game. I'm in my second playtrhough and nearing the end I'd say I'm close to 30 hours and still have about 100 collectibles to go.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I second that. Game certainly not 20 hours plat. Close to 40 hours and still have things to get. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2022-12-28 at 1:14 PM, SHAZAM_SAVAGE said:

The game IMO is definitely not 20 hours. It is closer to 40 hours.

 

Not a hard plat at all and not a crazy grind. Collectibles are whatever.

 

Seriously baffled at the 20 hours by PowerPyx. Unless you're skipping every cut scene and playing on Very Easy (which they very well might've been doing), you'll still probably take 25-30 hours. Played the game on normal and have dropped down to very easy in my clean-up phase now, and I'm still not that close.

 

Picked the game up at my local library and have honestly been having a blast with it. Hearing all the negativity I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I have. Playing as different members of the Bat family is fun, and I've played the game solo the whole way through. I got used to the 30 fps, though 60 would've obviously been so much nicer. The camera can be really annoying at times, in terms of keeping fluidity in combat, but doesn't hurt my enjoyment too much.

 

Overall I like the ALIVE Gotham for once, the varied character move sets, abilities and costumes, as well as the length. I don't love overly long games, so I found this one to have a sweet spot for its main story, and the side stories with the classic villains are all a good length too. The traversal could be better (the bike is pretty damn lame unfortunately, and grappling doesn't feel much like you're in a "rhythm" of movement), but once I got Batgirl's gliding I was satisfied, though not overjoyed with traversal.

 

Worth a pickup at $20-30 USD if you go in with an open mind IMO. I'm a big fan of Batman and the Arkham games, so I enjoyed this for what it was, after not having a Batman game for 7 years. Bring on the Suicide Squad by Rocksteady in just a few months!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2022 at 1:29 AM, Taliesin_2943 said:

Never mind im not stooping to your level you asked to see other people having the problem I provide it from 12 years ago even there's more if you look through stuff you insist it's not enough they must be bad at it so yeah not in the mood for a troll just move on go play some games I'm going to Arkham's not but a blip in the radar on my list 

Good job standing up for yourself. He dismissed your experience, dismissed the evidence you provided, and insisted on pushing an issue that is off-topic to the thread. He kept insisting that YOU were the problem because HE knew what was REALLY going on. You said, "Nope," didn't insult him, and walked away. Good for you.

 

When I was a kid, my Dad and Uncle would have friends over on the weekends. We lived in California, and the San Francisco 49ers, an NFL football team, were a popular topic of discussion. Post-game, these guys would turn into armchair quarterbacks, especially if the 49ers lost. "Joe Montana shouldn't have made that pass! He should have waited till Jerry Rice was clear and thrown it to Jerry! What was he thinking?! Come on, Joe!" As a small boy, I believed all these grown men with their opinions on how someone else should be playing football. If Joe had done what they said, the 49ers would have won every single game they played.

 

As I grew older, I realized Joe Montana was the one being paid to play football, not them. These "experts" who knew football (just ask them, they were first-string offensive line for the high school varsity team when they were only sophomores) were actually paying to watch Joe play. Joe didn't know they existed, but they talked like he should be paying THEM to coach him. Being an armchair quarterback with friends can be fun, no doubt, but at some point, a person must admit that is all it is: fun, not an actual shared experience. Publically second-guessing a quarterback's decisions from the comfort of a living room is not the same as being on the field with him.

 

Being on the field inevitably means hard contact; the job of the offensive line is to repeatedly slam themselves into the opposing defensive line in order to keep pressure off the quarterback. I don't know why that guy insisted he was right and you were wrong, but he kept slamming into the wrong person. He was not on your team, not part of your line, and not your coach. Good job walking away. There was no win in that situation.

 

Going back on topic, I am relieved to hear Gotham Knights is more forgiving than the Arkham series in terms of combat. After gathering 500 collectibles for Assassin's Creed Unity - literally, 498 separate cockades, chests, and tricorns - having to find less than 200 collectibles sounds like a relief. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the platinum today, I'd say its deffo between 40 hours and 50 hours. I did spent quite some time doing the dlc in between too.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.