Trophy thoughts?

The_Kopite

100% is 3-4 hours unless you really struggle with the type of game it is. I'd recommend checking it out personally and if you really don't enjoy it then you're really not losing too much time to get that 100%. DLC trophies are unlikely I would think but if they do come I would imagine they wouldn't take long either.

44 minutes ago, DHawk12 said:

12 trophies with no plat sucks but at least none are difficult or grindy because the playerbase will definitely die very quickly. The game is wildy unbalanced but at least it’s a little fun, I hated resistance and umbrella corps.

I assume the updates will add “place top 3” and “win a x” trophies for all new maps/characters.

I got everything done except win as every character within an hour (won as leon/claire). Boosting may be required for some mediocre characters or maybe all if you wait too long because the game is a bit pay2win due to character upgrades.

Pay2win? Seems like nonsense to me. Skills are 1500, you start with 6000, and 1 good game can get you around enough to purchase a skill. Non character specific skills also persist across all characters so you only have to buy them once. There are some skills from the battlepass and some that look like maybe you might have to buy possibly, but they're really nothing special from what I've seen.

I find one thing super weird- playing with crossplay on I got often in top 3, but with crossplay off I did much worse, which I expected, because I am dogshit at multiplayer games. 

Also I hate how much I enjoy this dumb little game, even when I don't place high, for some reason it's really fun. Probably because rounds are super short, so you're not getting tired of it 

38 minutes ago, RangyRV said:

I was wondering... when I quit the game mid match, the game shows the top 3 anyways. Maybe if we quit while in 1st place it still counts as a win trophy wise?

Just asking for a friend, I already got my trophy.

I can confirm that it doesn’t count.

The mmr matchmaking makes the game drastically harder the more you play. 1500+ mmr at this point in time makes winning very difficult, I already got the 6 wins prior but ranking up the pass from 7-10 was incredibly frustrating. It was fun for a few hours but this game isn’t gonna last.

Edited by DHawk12

2 hours ago, h4mx0r said:

I got my 6 win trophy.

The game isn't balanced but there is definitely a 'correct' way to play that can pay off more points.

- There are no assist points: secure/steal the kill. Get the last hit.

- Finishers yield more points and have invincibility during the animation.

- If someone is juking you too hard (like Jill dropping mines or something), just leave them. You don't have to pursue one target, even if they are top shelf points. Time spent running back and forth without killing anyone doesn't get you anything until you die, which is -5 points.

- Keep a note of the monsters running around. If that Monster has been running around for a bit, then he's ready to expire. An easy kill with minimal health.

- Prioritize the purple Viral Containers. It's worth it to be a bigger monster.

Seems obvious, but consider what your skills do instead of blindly flailing R2 or mashing skills when you're hugging someone.

- Fat Molded: His swipe attacks are pretty lame, but you can kill a soft target that way. R1 to Enrage for increased damage and speed. THE LONGER YOU ARE ALIVE AS A FAT MOLDED, THE MORE YOU GLOW. THE MORE YOU GLOW, THE MORE DAMAGE YOU DO WHEN YOU INEVITABLY EXPLODE (from L1 or someone shooting you). Use your wallhacks as a monster and go join that melee orgy over there with your self-destruct. Everyone's softened up and you rake in the chips.

- Jack Baker: If your R1 catches someone and knocks them onto the floor, there's a good chance that L1 will immediately kill them with a finisher. Easy points.

- The fish thing: your R1 is a ranged attack that adds stagger, and it has surprising range in a straight line. When you're chasing someone down a hall, line up with your prey and throw that acid ball. They will stagger if it connects and then you go go ham with R2. (Finish with L1, you'll get a feel for it)

- Nemesis: I don't actually like to play Nemesis a lot. I'm not sure how his L1 works effectively and his R1 bazooka is telegraphed pretty hard (possibly easy to avoid, and gets caught on objects a lot). However his R2 mashes hurt and he gets many swings before he has to rest. Also a big health bar.

- Super Tyrant: Use R1 leap attack to close the distance when you're close. If you know they are hurt (cuz they were fighting something else or you got a few hits in) use your L1 to do a dashing attack. Don't worry about pushing anything during L1, just focus on touching your prey. If they are low health, it'll trigger a finisher.

Finally... avoid dying. You lose points and time. This sounds obvious too but what I mean is like, you don't have to join a battle without a predictable outcome. Instead of joining that monster melee orgy, you can kinda just stand off to the side and wait until everyone's soft before throwing your shot in. You don't have to run in there immediately and maybe get owned by a fat molded. Sometimes you can just... run away from the fight. That way you don't lose points and someone doesn't gain them. Remember, you're trying to get 1st place and the way to do that is to deny them points while you gain.

Even with your tips is so RNG dependant its driving literally insane... 

Yeah but it's sort of about how to play the hand your dealt optimally. You can't control what monster you become for example, but if you know how to play each one, you'll get more mileage out of it. There is quite a bit of RNG of course, but you'll bumble into 1st place eventually as you get better. Of course someone could get lucky with a big wombo combo and rocket to the top of the leaderboard, but so can you.

Human tips (some of this is obvious):

- Chris Redfield: you can bait fights with L1. You literally cannot be staggered or killed for a couple seconds. A lot of people will continue attacking you for some reason, and now you're at point blank range with your assault rifle. You're half health, the enemy is chasing you, you turn the corner, L1 POP! turn around and start unloading into their face while they helplessly trade hits with you.

- Jill Valentine: Drop landmines all the time at chokepoints. People run onto them all the time because some folks have zero situational awareness or they're distracted and realize too late. Also, when you 1v1 a monster, you can keep dropping mines as you play chicken around an obstacle. Monster health continually drains over time, so if they are playing chicken with you... If the monster touches the mine, they get staggered, and you unload bullets into them.

- Leon Kennedy: Go into his upgrades. Buy the upgrade that gives dual wielding crits knockback. Abuse dual wielding. Now you basically win any human 1v1 as long as you can line up the crosshair on the enemy. (They get staggered a lot)

- Claire Redfield: throw R1 alternator on monsters coming at you. That stun is usually long enough to kill any monster that isn't freshly hatched. Should also be enough time to kill humans. Also, her submachine gun is kinda lackluster. Look at her passive ability. Rolling = instant reload on revolver. She fans the revolver for fast fire rate. Roll a lot. Rolling = less damage taken, avoiding enemies, instant reload of gun... and then L1 Adrenaline to restore your rolls.

- Ada Wong: Crossbow is hard to use, but does high damage. Abuse her L1 explosive bolt for splash damage and knockdowns. Finish knocked down targets. You can use her pistol if the crossbow is too hard.

- Hunk: He's got a good gun. Assassinate is really good. You can usually do it out of rolling into someone. Use Active Cloaking all the time to occasionally draw less aggro.

Everyone except Claire has a melee ability. It's enough to kill a wounded target or knock down an enemy for a finisher with your gun. Get used to them, they're handy in a pinch. I've even used them as a final blow on some monsters before too. They also have some degree of auto-tracking your nearest target, so don't worry too much about aiming it.

Also if you're playing with crossplay turned off, there's not a big playerbase for that. If you end up playing against some really friggin good player, you might want to turn on crossplay or go take a break until this guy gets off queue.

• Like 4

I despise this shit game. No redeeming qualities whatsoever. It's not fun and terribly unbalanced. Trying to get 1 win for over an hour and I keep getting robbed because of the mess that ensues when you kill someone and having them chase you around as a monster when all you want to do is kill another human for better points. 

Chasing monsters around is fruitless because it's not worth the time it wastes chasing them when most of the monsters running around are fat molded. They are going to suicide anyway so all of it just a pointless endeavour. 

Only 2 maps is a joke, forced battle pass. Resistance was even better than this...

I actually think the game is really fun. The matches are short, so you only really need a couple of good kill streaks to secure that top position. And if things aren't going your way, it doesn't take long for you to be put out of your misery. ? There's some nice variety when it comes to the "survivor" gameplay. I seemed to do the best when playing as Ada. Her crossbow does a lot of damage and the L1 ability is a good way to throw off an attacker's aim since it launches you into the air. Plus, you know, the explosive damage on top of that is nice. ? My favourite "creature" to play as is Jack Baker. I love his twirling slash attack on R1 and I found his grab move landed a lot more consistently than others. It's also funny when someone else kills you with the grab attack because you go into first person and get Welcome to the Family Son'd. ?

The only problem I see with the game is the lack of content. I know they intend on adding at least one more map in future updates, but only having 2 on launch is pretty weak. The trophies don't take that long to get, so those maps didn't really outstay their welcome in that time, but I could see it getting a bit old if you intend on sticking with the game. I also wish there was more costume and weapon skin variety, because again, there's not much there on launch. I'll be curious to see if they add any new trophies in future updates. I certainly wouldn't be opposed to that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, F1rstinFlight said:

You think they’ll add a PS5 version of this game? It seems odd to me it didn’t launch with one given that 2 Remake, 3 Remake, 7, and 8 all have PS5 versions. 

At this point, I highly doubt it. If we were ever going to get a PS5 version, it would have been at launch. Maybe they didn't think it was worth the investment to create a separate PS5 version when it's a "free" game that most people are going to forget about quickly.

15 minutes ago, s_a_s_u_k_e said:

Can anybody help with the below?

I was playing a game and suddenly the game dropped and I was first in the final screen but it gave me 0 points for placing 1st place.so does anyone knows if it counts towards the trophy for placing first with all the characters?

It doesn't count. I got my first "win" with Leon because the host left, so I moved onto the other characters. I didn't get the trophy after winning with everyone else, so I went back to Leon and got a legit win with him which popped the trophy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

At this point, I highly doubt it. If we were ever going to get a PS5 version, it would have been at launch. Maybe they didn't think it was worth the investment to create a separate PS5 version when it's a "free" game that most people are going to forget about quickly.

It doesn't count. I got my first "win" with Leon because the host left, so I moved onto the other characters. I didn't get the trophy after winning with everyone else, so I went back to Leon and got a legit win with him which popped the trophy.

Pfffff.it’s so hard and so luck based(most of the times).I won only with hunk and 2-3 times I finished 2nd on the last seconds.

Funny thing is that my only 1st place came because I was 2nd by 3 points and the 1st place player died in the last 2 seconds so when the game ended I saw that I was first by 2 points.(so f….  lucky)

How the hell 20% of the players got it.it seems impossible but maybe I’m just not good at this game.

Also the only good thing is that everything can happen…for example I was first in the first 1 minute and I ended up last because the game turned upside down 

Hope today to manage at least to get 1 first place…

On 21/10/2022 at 1:10 PM, Voland44 said:

they just showing how Re:Verse is is not needed to exist, at all. just another uneccessary entry in RE series like Umbrella Corps. they should have just add new content to RE Resistence, instead

I add: RE:Verse, Umbrella Corps, and Resistance were innecessary.

Instead, improved RE2 and RE3 remake, and CV remake.

You may wonder... Yes also RE2 had to be improved. The A/B scenarios is even worst than the original. Here no matter u do, is almost the same. Would be better to expand the game and make a completely diffrenent path for Leon and Claire. 

• Like 2

On 30.10.2022 at 2:26 PM, stiviwonderstif said:

I add: RE:Verse, Umbrella Corps, and Resistance were innecessary.

Instead, improved RE2 and RE3 remake, and CV remake.

You may wonder... Yes also RE2 had to be improved. The A/B scenarios is even worst than the original. Here no matter u do, is almost the same. Would be better to expand the game and make a completely diffrenent path for Leon and Claire. 

hey, there no perfect games and everyone have a room for improvement. but REVerse simply one big WASTE. and even though RE series doesnt neeed multiplayer - REsistance had at least some value in such regard. im just dont get how clueless capcom is, that after YEARS of constant attempts to make pvp mode in RE series, when they finally find proper way to do this right - they just give it 0 support. 

at least, this is completely outsource, so other games not hurted cus if this stupid management. 

Spoiler

but for that money they could at least port Outbreak 1-2 =\ also i would like Chonicles 1-2 to play in VR. but even there they doing things that doesnt make sense. for example they announced RE8 and RE4 remake for PSVR2 but somehow forgot RE7, which is basically have gamedesign like RE8 unlike RE4 remake which is RE2-3 remake like gamedesign. not mentioning that RE7-8 is Ethan dilogy....

• Like 1

Resident Evil Resistance is actually a good game that was a lot of fun to play. Unfortunately the dev at one point dropped support and left the game in a somewhat unbalanced state. Re:verse however ... is barely anything. 1 mode, 2 maps isn't enough content towarrant a platinum trophy. So the no plat makes sense.

• Like 1

This shit is infuriating.  Just random chaos and so easily to get kills sniped from you.  I usually make a call after 2 minutes whether I have a chance at winning or not, if not important to do nothing and get last place so you can keep your MMR down.  As others have said, the MMR increase is definitely noticeable.  I got 2 wins in 1000-1200 range, and now I'm north of 1500 and haven't been able to get another win after couple hours of trying. 

Finally did it!

The tips that h4mx0r gave were very helpful but also the video of Ben-Gun that helped me understand a lot of things.

First of all start with the easy characters to get a hold of the game mechanics and how to play in order to achieve the wins you need:Hunk and Chris are the best for this part.

You 'll have to understand that even if the 1st player has 150 points and you 0 and the timer has 2 minutes at least you can turn the game in your favor.(this was something that I couldn't understand and dropped most of my games)

Another good trick is that when you play as creatures spam a lot the R2(I think) button to just melee the players or monsters.You don't have to use only the special skills of each monster.(only when you try to fight a human most of the skills are op)

Most difficult characters are Ada and Claire due to their weapons and skills(especially Ada's gun).

Of course the pros are playing with Ada but she will be a nightmare for a lot of people to learn.

Don't forget to add skills and monster skills to your player.I found out after winning with Chris and Hunk that I can make my life easier.(15 hours after my time with the game)

Super important is that if you manage to do 3-4 kills in a row don't forget to chase the one who killed you in order to keep your streak(It's very important)

It took me 20 hours BUT after seeing the video of Ben - Gun and read the tips from h4mx0r it took me 4-5 hours to win with Jill - Leon - Claire and Ada(So my 15 hours was trying to get first place with Chris because I was playing the whole game wrong)

Funny thing is that my first match was with Hunk and I managed to place 1st place so I was like"it's easy"(Till I changed to the other characters)

Finally even thought it took me a lot of time(compared to others) I liked it a lot and I still playing it when I am bored.I don't say that it is a good game but overall it's still fun (and more important)and it's fast so time passes very fast.

PS:Don't give up if you are behind on score (My last win with Ada came on the last 3 seconds where I was 40 points behind from the 1st one and I managed to kill the one who killed me so I receive a godlike kill due to 4 kill streak which I had from before and finished 1st place)

• 3 weeks later...

So many negative comments from people that just don't like multiplayer games but i thought this was pretty fun. Its a short and easy game to earn the trophies in and a bunch of people that turned into monster clumping up and swinging at each other is pretty fun/silly experience. It's free so I'd say check it out. Buying the premium battlepass makes getting to level 10 faster but its not required at all. 

I'm playing the Xbox version. Not sure what it's like on PS5, but I can only find games with cross-play turned on. It seems to be completely dead on Xbox at least. Also, Ada is ridiculously overpowered. I was in multiple matches with a guy who was routinely one-shotting the lobby with Ada's bow and was consistently getting 1000+ points. Also wanted to ask, did you guys change any sensitivity settings in-game? I'm finding it really hard to kill people at close range as I keep missing shots.

Edited by SublimeHawk