Should Shovelware Be Worth Zero Points?

Shovelware Zero Points  

603 members have voted

1. 1. Should All Games Marked As Shovelware Have A Vaule Of Zero Points?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Alternatives

• I Voted Yes But Prefer Alt - Rarity Leaderboard
    • I Voted No And Want Alt - Rarity Leaderboard
    • No Alternative
  3. 3. If A Rarity Leaderboard Happened, What Cut Off Percentage?

• 20%
    • 30%
    • 40%
    • 50%
    • 60%
    • 70%

23 minutes ago, AMadScotsGuy said:

Now games can be marked and recognised as Shovelware. Should they now all default to a vaule of zero points as a reflection of that? 

What did i miss? Sounds great if this is possible, thought there would never happen anything against those shovelshit

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

No, it isn't.

Only Shovelware Bros think like that.

It's not - I don't think I have anything that is currently considered Shovelware, and I'm not against doing this for those current crop of Shovelware -  but I do worry about that precedent a little.

• Like 2

Happy to see a zero point function put in. To be honest, it's pretty clear what is and isn't shovelware. I don't really understand why people are wringing their hands over semantics here.

Cleaning house in this way would be great and for the minority (emphasis on minority there) of games that are truly truly borderline, a thread could be set up around that. No point in hindering something when the majority of titles in question are objectively shovelware.

It would be a little more work for the PSNP team, but it's a way better alternative than having all of this vapid shite smeared all over the site.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MoneyShotxox said:

So we should then also give ps4-ps5 auto pops zero points and visual novels where clearly people do them only for trophies. Plus anything anyone else is not happy with because my poor leaderboards stats are not as high as I like.

Nothing is perfect, but some things are more problematic than others, and doing more in making the leaderboard a redundant feature for the majority of those who use the website.

If you are so inclined to actively want to compete for a higher ranking on the leaderboard, you have no choice but to resort to Shovelware. This is something which can be addressed by this website. Autopops can't be, and are a core part of the PlayStation eco system anyway. 

• Like 3