Mercenaries 2: Missed a challenge, am I fucked?

I just did all the requirements for the 'Digital Man' trophy, and didn't reach 100% completion. Upon looking into it I realised there was a challenge I had missed out on. It's called The Last in Line, and it's for the Chinese faction. I don't even remember seeing it on the list of available missions or anything, but according to some forum posts I found, it becomes unavailable after the last story mission. None of the guides, at least for the PS3 version that I've looked at mention it being missable. Am I just fucked now? Do I have to do a whole new playthrough, or is it possible to join someone elses game and finish it that way? 

Edited by BEARDLESSVlKlNG

Yep, you're utterly screwed if you don't have an old save handy :(. According to the TA Guide:

These side missions must be completed before either AN - "The Battle for Caracas" or China - "Exit Strategy" as these will be unavailable after the final mission.

PLAV - Jungle Cruise
AN - Give it a Whirl
China - The Last In Line
China - Medusplosion

Also for clarity: You do NOT need to do any Mercenary challenges. All the shop unlocks come from hidden packages.

I made this second solution so it doesn't get lost in the comments.

Source: https://www.trueachievements.com/a25057/digital-man-achievement

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Just now, HuntingFever said:

Yep, you're utterly screwed if you don't have an old save handy :(. According to the TA Guide: These side missions must be completed before either AN - "The Battle for Caracas" or China - "Exit Strategy" as these will be unavailable after the final mission.

That's what I figured. And here I was feeling so slick that I captured all the HVT's alive, and everything else on one playhrough. Today's lesson, make lots of manual saves, even when you think you're in the clear and have done all the missable things. 

• Like 1

Just now, BEARDLESSVlKlNG said:

That's what I figured. And here I was feeling so slick that I captured all the HVT's alive, and everything else on one playhrough. Today's lesson, make lots of manual saves, even when you think you're in the clear and have done all the missable things. 

It also helps to turn the auto-save off before doing certain missions in case of accidents.