Outlast Whistleblower

DaScorpio_

Whistleblower, the first downloadable content for Red Barrels' survival horror title Outlast, will launch on PlayStation 4 and Windows PC this April, the developer announced today.

The Whistleblower DLC focusses on the events leading up to the main game, where an independent journalist breaks into a repurposed mental asylum after receiving a tip-off.  The DLC will also explore beyond the events of the first game to reveal the final chapter in Mount Massive Asylum's story. Whistleblower drops players into the role of the anonymous tipster, a contract software engineer called Weylon Park.

"Spending a couple of weeks at Mount Massive, during which he was unable to even talk to his wife and son in Boulder thanks to strict security protocols, Weylon developed a deep-seated distrust of the profit-motivated scientists and doctors leading dangerous and irresponsible experiments on their patients," a post on the official Facebook account reads. "Identifying with those poor souls fueled Weylon's anger, and set the stage for his unmasking of Mount Massive's rotten core."

What do you think guys? 

Source: 
http://redbarrelsgames.com/

Edited by Scorpions444

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If it's before the Asylum went to shit, will there be be the spooky chase/hide/press button gameplay segments, or is it all story? 

I hope we don't have to do Insane mode again...

It's before the Miles story, actually is about the email he gets in the beginning of the game. So we're going to witness why it all happened.

In my opinion the only thing that was wrong in Outlast was the ghost apparition. I'm not saying his part wasn't scary or disturbing, just takes the game from the "real feeling" of a Asylum. Since mental people are scary as shit when they are completely crazy.

• 3 weeks later...

I finished it earlier today once on normal then once on insane, If you enjoyed the main game you will enjoy the dlc because its just more of the same thing. Insane was much easier than the main game I managed to do it on my 1st attempt and it only took me about an hour.

I finished it earlier today once on normal then once on insane, If you enjoyed the main game you will enjoy the dlc because its just more of the same thing. Insane was much easier than the main game I managed to do it on my 1st attempt and it only took me about an hour.

Is the DLC a lot longer than the main game or are they about same lenght? how long do you think powerpyx would need to make a speedrun?

Is the DLC a lot longer than the main game or are they about same lenght? how long do you think powerpyx would need to make a speedrun?

The DLC is about 2/3 the length of the main game I would say, no idea about the speedrun though sorry.

PowerPyx hasn't made a speedrun yet, but PS4Trophies did and it took him 10 minutes less then the main game, so the lenght is very similiar

• Like 1