What Was Will Be 2022

Any way to set up this whole Horizon Signal event chain quickly? I've read that the black hole system that 5% trigger the event's now predetermined since the beginning of a new game (no science ships spam/save scumming anymore).

So what I'm doing now is a new no AI small map, Xenophile/Spiritualist (still need gift from Fallen Empire so I'm hoping for Xenophile FE too), quick research/growth rate, no pre-FTL species.

It's been 7 runs now with 29 blackholes (from 2-9 per map) out of almost 1400 systems with no luck. If that run had scattered black holes around the map then it's around an hour each run. With 5% per each blackholes, am I dealing with some almost impossible RNGs here or it's actually more controllable than what I'm doing?

Oh I don't have any DLC (vanilla directly from PS+). If any DLC can force trigger this Horizon Signal then I'm willing to pay in a heartbeat ?

Looks like this has become much more RNG based trophy now if you don't have access to an earlier version of the game where this event was cheesable through making science ships patrol in and out of black hole systems, it had a small chance to trigger every time you entered one with a science ship. From what I understand it's now actually a 5% chance for the event to be possible in any given game and not 5% per black hole you explore so yeah, it might actually require dozens of games now to even have it possibly hidden in your game and then you would have to explore all the black holes as well in case it is there.

I'm afraid no DLC will make this guaranteed to spawn but I'm not sure which version of the game is on the physical disc, installing from that and keeping it unpatched might be the easiest way now if it has some of the earlier versions. However if you ever decide to try the DLC's you will have to do quite a few games and possibly see this event at some point anyway. :P

Edited by AvariceInc
  • Like 1

On 10/29/2022 at 2:57 PM, AvariceInc said:

From what I understand it's now actually a 5% chance for the event to be possible in any given game and not 5% per black hole you explore

I really hope that's true. Ran a few times daily and it's been 27 runs now with 75 blackholes. At least it's more simple now with empty small map (got xenophile FE sent gift in 9th run) and full hyperlanes. ~25 mins at most per run. 

Really doubt it'll reach 100 runs but if that come true then I'll go try full storage trick to get earlier version (tho deep inside I wanna reach the magic number myself to see how my luck goes ?)

EDIT: Finally got it (and a plat!) in the 41th run, 114 blackholes (with preset Iferyx faction). Wish all the good luck to anyone going for this damn trophy.

Edited by MisterGibraltar
update