PlayStation Games That Are Never On Sale?

TheDarkKratos

As per the title of this topic. And apologies in advance if there is already one on the subject.

But does anyone know why certain PS3/Vita/PS4/PS5 digital games are NEVER on sale? I mean... never!

Examples - Flynn & Freckles (NA & EU), Shift Quantum (NA & EU). These are just 2 games I have watched for about 2 years.

And they have, to the best of my knowledge, never been reduced in price. Is this the developers idea, or Sony's? Just curious.

Plus, both titles are PSN only. No retail discs available either

Also - can anyone think of any others?

Thanks for any input

Edited by TheDarkKratos

DJMax Respect never goes on sale, but the game and its DLC have gone on sale on Steam more than once. I love rhythm games, but not sure how I feel spending 50$, plus 20$ for a single pack to get closer to 100% completion (and numerous ones at that, no less). Buying everything full price would be insanely expensive, I may as well just skip over it or buy other stuff to play.

1 hour ago, Milktastrophe said:

I've always been skeptical of that whole you can't discount games on PSN without being invited thing. Are we honestly supposed to believe that the likes of Random Spin and Gilson Pontes get regularly invited to participate in sales but legitimate indie devs don't?

I agree, I also find it difficult to believe they are inviting those developers to participate in sales. But then again, I'm not sure why Gilson B Pontes games are on the store to begin with, especially considering they don't seem to be on any other platform. I wish there were clear answers, but most of the time what we read doesn't really add up, so all we can do is speculate.

15 hours ago, Shintetsuken said:

Stardew Valley, ugh, I check every week and will immediately buy it when it goes on sale.

Was on sale

12 hours ago, WiktorM101 said:

Few I have on wishlist

Contrast

Most of arcade archives games

Road not taken

She wants me dead

Costume quest 2

Flame over

Gone home

Mini metro

Her Majesty's Spiffing

Gone home indeed 

On 10/23/2022 at 0:05 AM, TheDarkKratos said:

As per the title of this topic. And apologies in advance if there is already one on the subject.

But does anyone know why certain PS4 digital games are NEVER on sale? I mean... never!

Examples - Flynn & Freckles (NA & EU), Shift Quantum (NA & EU). These are just 2 games I have watched for about 2 years.

And they have, to the best of my knowledge, never been reduced in price. Is this the developers idea, or Sony's? Just curious.

Plus, both titles are PSN only. No retail discs available either

Also - can anyone think of any others?

Thanks for any input

https://psprices.com/region-us/game/3187564/tactics-v-obsidian-brigade and https://psprices.com/region-us/game/3196460/dobutsu-shogi-world-let-s-catch-the-lion have never been discounted since release 3 years ago.

There's also https://psprices.com/region-us/game/4606416/sense-a-cyberpunk-ghost-story 

Edited by ArmoredSnowman
  • Like 2

On 2022-10-23 at 3:16 AM, WiktorM101 said:

Few I have on wishlist

Contrast

Most of arcade archives games

Road not taken

She wants me dead

Costume quest 2

Flame over

Gone home

Mini metro

Her Majesty's Spiffing

Been waiting forever for CQ2. Played the PS3 versions, and would love to complete the series. 

1 hour ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Cyberpunk is on sale right now, 65% off. This is the best discount it’s ever had. Platprices is better for tracking than psprices