PlayStation Games That Are Never On Sale?

TheDarkKratos

3 hours ago, ConAir said:

I noticed that a lot of the mentioned titles (not all of them) are indie titles. Some of them have been on PlayStation Plus or went on sale for the last time in 2019. There has been a period that those were barely on sale and other platforms got more indie titles (timed) exclusive. After 2-3 years Sony considers indiegames relevant again and now the sales are back again by reconnecting with the developers. I guess they didn't get in touch with all of them.

I thought the PSN sales were pretty good up until the beginning of 2020 myself. It does seem like something changed at that point, and I'm not quite sure the situation has returned to what it was yet.

I've had games on my wish list for years that have never once been on sale. Then occasionally there'll be weird games that used to go on sale regularly, then didn't at all for 2 or so years, then started going on sale again. (e.g. Surviving Mars Season Pass)

Or there'll be games that go on sale once, only ever once, then never again. (e.g. Echo)

I sometimes have to end up biting the bullet and buying games full price if they never go on sale or get a physical. I usually wait at least exactly 12 months from the game's release before I buy it, unless it's something I really want to play soon-ish.

There's no rhyme or reason to it, but I notice this same issue on the Xbox storefront, and the Switch to a lesser extent. I'm not sure what the reasons are, but it's certainly less commonplace on Steam.

The thing that irritates me the most about it is how it gives me a bit of FOMO - "oh, this game has just gone on sale... it hasn't been on sale for years/hasn't been on sale before and it came out 1+ year(s) ago... it's only 20% off, but what if it never goes on sale again? Or, what if it gets delisted? It is kinda niche". I don't usually worry about things like that with games on Steam.

On 10/23/2022 at 2:26 AM, Vermilion_Joker said:

DJMax Respect never goes on sale, but the game and its DLC have gone on sale on Steam more than once. I love rhythm games, but not sure how I feel spending 50$, plus 20$ for a single pack to get closer to 100% completion (and numerous ones at that, no less). Buying everything full price would be insanely expensive, I may as well just skip over it or buy other stuff to play.

This game and it's DLC has only been on sale ONE TIME in it's whole history. It hurt, but it was all half off and I pulled the trigger. I still have to buy the DLCs that came out after that though

• Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 6:46 AM, diskdocx said:

Been waiting forever for CQ2. Played the PS3 versions, and would love to complete the series. 

Cyberpunk is on sale right now, 65% off. This is the best discount it’s ever had. Platprices is better for tracking than psprices

The best price would have been the one time Best Buy was selling physical copies for literally $5 a piece around 4 months after the game came out.

On 10/23/2022 at 3:46 AM, CouponKarl93 said:

Clannad I never see it on sale on the store

And it sucks that when Limited Run released it physically it was only for the Switch.

On 10/23/2022 at 3:20 PM, Nute202- said:

The House in Fata Morgana: Dreams of the Revenants Edition

Worth every penny. I still sometimes pop it in and use the music listener or reread some of my favorite parts. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sylvanticore said:

Destiny, been tempted getting this but I really don't think I can justify paying full price for it even with all of the expansions.

Night of Azure 1 and 2.

Both the Nights of Azure games are on ps plus extra, you could in theory sign up for a month play both games and then cancel it. I did the same thing to play them and also Returnal and a few others because I didn’t want to pay full price 

On 25/10/2022 at 9:22 PM, ShadeSplit said:

I thought the PSN sales were pretty good up until the beginning of 2020 myself. It does seem like something changed at that point, and I'm not quite sure the situation has returned to what it was yet.

I'm pretty sure you could apply that to the state of the whole world, let alone just PSN sales!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DawningWolf55 said:

The best price would have been the one time Best Buy was selling physical copies for literally $5 a piece around 4 months after the game came out.

Sorry, that was terrible wording on my part. I was replying to @ArmoredSnowman about Sense - A Cyberpunk Tale. To be clear, Sense is on sale currently for 65% off, which is its lowest price. Not the other Cyberpunk (but yes, I should have bought that when it was hot garbage that you couldn't give away)

On 10/23/2022 at 4:20 PM, Nute202- said:

The House in Fata Morgana: Dreams of the Revenants Edition

Yeah, I've had my eye on this for awhile but it never dips below $40, which is a lot for a VN in my eyes (even for one that is by reputuation as good as this is supposed to be). I ended up getting this on steam when it was on sale for $15 or so. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Sorry, that was terrible wording on my part. I was replying to @ArmoredSnowman about Sense - A Cyberpunk Tale. To be clear, Sense is on sale currently for 65% off, which is its lowest price. Not the other Cyberpunk (but yes, I should have bought that when it was hot garbage that you couldn't give away)

Yeah, for some reason I had a prior listing of Sense in my wishlist. 

14 hours ago, FullMetalSarok said:

Both the Nights of Azure games are on ps plus extra, you could in theory sign up for a month play both games and then cancel it. I did the same thing to play them and also Returnal and a few others because I didn’t want to pay full price 

I just did both as well, pretty straightforward plats but mindless and fun enough. 1 was a little grindy at the end.