PlayStation Games That Are Never On Sale?

TheDarkKratos

Not quite 'never' but there's a few I've been watching with interest for years now:

Vostok Inc.

This seemed to be on sale a lot between 2018-2019, when I never knew about it, but hasn't been on sale since early 2020.

The End is Nigh

Has never gone on sale in UK stores. Was on sale once in USA many years ago.

To be honest this seems to be a theme with Edmund McMillen games as Binding of Isaac doesn't really go on sale much either. I find this interesting when Super Meat Boy goes on sale all the time.

DJMax Respect.

This one is interesting to see the region sale differences. I bought the Asian region version back in 2018. It has a fair few sales with the most recent being in late 2021.

In 2020 I bought the European region version. This is the only time I can see that this version has been on sale. At that time I looked at the American region version and saw it had been on sale a few times between 2019-2020, was currently on sale too, but I decided to hold off on buying two stacks at once as I like to wait year(s) between playing my favourite games again. Welp that was a mistake. Never been on sale since.

Don't even get me started on the DLC for DJMax. Overpriced and some of them never seem to go on sale.

Edited by Nauticus87

On 23/10/2022 at 3:05 PM, TheDarkKratos said:

As per the title of this topic. And apologies in advance if there is already one on the subject.

But does anyone know why certain PS4 digital games are NEVER on sale? I mean... never!

Examples - Flynn & Freckles (NA & EU), Shift Quantum (NA & EU). These are just 2 games I have watched for about 2 years.

And they have, to the best of my knowledge, never been reduced in price. Is this the developers idea, or Sony's? Just curious.

Plus, both titles are PSN only. No retail discs available either

Also - can anyone think of any others?

Thanks for any input

Flynn & Freckles in on sale now. At least in GB and AU stores.

You could just use a third party tracker (some examples are psprices, psdeals) to alert you when games go on sale. They also tend to show the sale history and when each has previously been on sale.

Edited by luckyluscombe

odinsphere in physical format is never on sale.

19 hours ago, a3069namebke said:

Dust: An Elysian Tail

I hear this is such an underrated gem, and I didn't resubscribe to PS+ when it was on many years ago. The moment it goes on sale, I'll buy it.

BTW, this is such an amazing game, try to get it, the full game is worth it, it has old school flash games sense of humor in a good way, and the game is very fun, also the story and gameplay are very rewarding

and yeah, if you have a thing for "metroidvania" games, this one is good tier

On 10/25/2022 at 9:10 PM, AlchemistWer said:

Atelier Arland trilogy pack or Atelier Dusk trilogy pack on PS4 and of course also on Vita.

Vita will never happen now of course, but both the Arland and the Dusk trilogies (and the Mysterious trilogy) were on sale in June for PS4. I bought them all then and am playing through the last Arland game now.

They were on sale last year in November as well, so hopefully you'll get a repeat soon.

Edited by simmias

5 minutes ago, nickr_ said:

You know what's worse than a game never going on sale? A game that goes up in price and then never go on sale like DOA 5 Last round, Samurai Warriors 4 and 4-II

Last Round is at least available in PS+ Extra but Koei Tecmo games either don’t go on sale or they go on sale for less than half off. 

• Like 2

On 10/23/2022 at 0:17 AM, Shintetsuken said:

Stardew Valley, ugh, I check every week and will immediately buy it when it goes on sale.

Either pay up or get it on PC (it goes on sale multiple times a year on Steam). And I know it's nice to wait on a sale, but my public service announcement is that Stardew Valley is more than worth $14.99.

Minecraft doesn't go on sale because it sells so much regardless.

Minecraft Dungeons hasn't gone on sale.

Dead Or Alive 5 Last Round has not changed in price in at least 2 years. If you're a PS Plus Extra Member, you can just download or stream it.

Also, a lot of really cheap games that are $5 or under never go on sale because the publishers figure they're already cheap enough. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2022 at 0:08 AM, blacklight-nero said:

I’ve kept an eye on these two games for a few years but didnt want to pay full price and I’ve never seen them on sale, if I didn’t have plenty off other games to play I would have bought these already.

• Obduction & Eastshade 

I dropped Eastshade on my wishlist and forgot about it for like half a year or so before lucking out with it getting a sale. Hopefully it gets another one, but its only two sales were within a few months of eachother and over a year ago now.

The dev might just not be bothering because I remember seeing a blog post from him about how poorly the game sold on PS compared to other platforms, and how he regretted even porting it at all.

Sol Cresta. 

This is true regardless of platform. Since it launched nine months ago, it has not been on sale once on PSN, the e-Shop, or Steam. Likely, this is because PlatinumGames knows that shmup fans are the kind to pay full price and not need a sale. The Wonderful 101: Remastered, for example, has been on sale multiple times since it launched -- physically and digitally. 

Another potential reason is that PlatinumGames is waiting for the physical copies (international, domestic) of the title to be fulfilled. The domestic version just launched in Japan, so that has potential. Meanwhile, Limited Run Games has fallen behind with this release and is two months past its projected window. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

Android Assault Cactus is never on sale, I'd buy it at ~$10.

Almost never on sale. It was a few months ago and I bought it for €3. Or around that price point.