PlayStation Games That Are Never On Sale?

TheDarkKratos

Clannad

Stardew Valley

Dream Daddy

Fez

Are just a few that haven't gone on sale at all or haven't gone on sale in years. To be honest in regards to Stardew Valley, it is actually cheaper sometimes to just get the physical edition. But the others never had a physical release or it was a limited one.

Update: We can now take Fata Morgana off of this list. It went on sale today for the first time.

Edited by setobox

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There's 2 things that don't seem to ever go on sale that bug me ever so slightly, one being a game and the other being DLC.

The game is Electronic Super Joy and according to platprices "This games price has not changed since November 12, 2020" which I assume is when they started tracking from. The only reason this bugs me is because it's sequel has been on sale numerous times for as little as £1 (and I bought it). It'd be nice to play the first game before the 2nd but it feels weird paying essentially around 7x the price (£7.39) for the first game after paying such a small amount for the 2nd xD (I know, I'm being greedy and spoilt lol).

The second thing, the DLC, this one according to platprices HAS been on sale on one occasion (and only one occasion...) Call of Duty WWII Season Pass and what bugs me with this one is first of all, it's an old Call of Duty at this point and £39.99 is quite significant for a selection of DLCs. The second issue is that last time it was on sale it allegedly dropped to £19.99 which is a pretty significant saving so whilst I'm not outright opposed to the idea of paying full price and I may have caved in if it were never on sale at all, the fact it has been on sale once for so much cheaper I feel like I'd feel so butthurt if I were to pay full price and then one day it does finally drop half it's price again so I've just been holding off. An extra little stinker/tease is that the so-called "Digital Deluxe" edition which comes with the game + season pass (and some frivolous extras) has been on sale quite a few times (for cheaper than the season pass alone at £33.99) so even getting that would be a small saving, but, I can't buy that anyway because it won't let me as I already own the base game through PS+.

The base game goes on sale frequently, the game + season pass goes on sale frequently but hot damn the season pass alone never goes on sale. I played the game somewhat recently as I had it sitting in my PS+ library and I was feeling super nostalgic towards my days of Call of Duty... Especially the zombies and the days I'd be easter egg hunting, so I really crave being able to play the DLC zombie maps... but... I don't wanna be the sucker who misses a sale price and pays £20 more xD

1 minute ago, Infected Elite said:

damn! there are videos of how to pop the discs back in place but it isnt easy...

I will look into that. They just re-opened the orders as well.

On 1/10/2023 at 8:27 PM, greenzsaber said:

Bunny Must Die!

Physical copies exist, but a non-JP print will set you back a bit.

Damn shame, it's a great metroidvania for someone looking for a challenge.

never heard of this one, will have to look it up

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2023 at 11:49 PM, Infected Elite said:

Blue Reflection. purchased 2 physicals I refuse to open so i want that digital copy. lol

That one has gone on sale but, like their Atelier games, sale is a loose term when the game has been out for years and they only lower it to 26.99.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Alpha-Strider said:

Do cross-buy PS4 games still go on sale at all? I've been waiting years for Stardew Valley to be discounted again so I can get the Vita version too but I know that PS3 and Vita game sales don't happen these days.

They still do. Some PS4/Vita games (like Lightwood Games releases, Ratalaika Games, Undertale, Super Meat Boy, etc.) have been on sale recently.

Stardew Valley hasn't been on sale since at least 2020, I think. It will probably never go on sale again. Though it does go on sale on Steam multiple times a year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Martain2 said:

https://psprices.com/region-gb/game/1363609/rime

Looks like it's been on sale a few times

I've had it on my wishlist for a long time (and my notifications are set so that I'm alerted when a wishlist item goes on sale) and I haven't seen a price drop for it.

Not saying it hasn't been in the past but it hasn't for as long as I've had it on my wishlist so I've been unlucky, I guess.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/02/2023 at 9:20 PM, Vault-TecPhantom said:

I've had it on my wishlist for a long time (and my notifications are set so that I'm alerted when a wishlist item goes on sale) and I haven't seen a price drop for it.

Not saying it hasn't been in the past but it hasn't for as long as I've had it on my wishlist so I've been unlucky, I guess.

sometimes PlayStation Wishlist is isn't the best I do recommended making an account on psprices as if game goes on sale you'll most likely get a email and if it goes on sale say at amazon you'll also be notified 

• Like 1

Beat Saber and its song packs, but I think we've all accepted that by now.

The Darkseid character for Injustice 2, which I think was a pre-order thing at first, has never been on sale on PSN, but it was on sale on Xbox like two weeks ago.

• Like 1