Ps vita memory card

Barry_Allen97

Depends on what you're doing.  If you plan to play a few games digitally. The set card it come with should be fine. If you want a large library in your system then look into a bigger card. The biggest card runs about ex100$ and most likely get it from over sea. It never got out of Japan.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Barry_Allen97 said:

But do I have to buy the original Sony one?

There's only one "official" Vita memory, and it's made by Sony.

There's other options, but it requires hacking your Vita, so I don't think it's worth it.

• Like 1

Only the slim has 1 GB internal memory. The OLED model has no internal memory. The slims internal memory can not be used in addition to a memory card, its just meant to tide you over until a memory card arrives.

Avoid 64 GB cards, they are way to expensive and prone to failure.

Go for a 16 or 32 GB card, which ever you can afford. You can use the Vitas built in content manager with the program QCMA to backup content to a PC when you are not using it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1. Only get authentic Sony cards.

2. Avoid the 64 GB as it's the most expensive and most prone to failure.

3. If you can get a good deal or care about re-sale or collecting, get some physical games. Usually, the save data or small updates are the only thing not on the cartridge. Unfortunately, a lot of the physical games are really expensive. 

4. I have a 16 GB and 32 GB, and I'm more than fine. Yes, I'm not swimming in space. But I can prioritize deleting some completed or less liked titles. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...