What is the worst thing you've ever heard over the mic?

modest_undue1

19 minutes ago, Madara Uchiha said:

A 12-15 year old on Black Ops 3 one day had his mic on pretending he was receiving oral sex while playing saying "oh yeah baby you like that" "oh baby watch the teeth" and stuff like that. Like he wasn't joking he was being absolutely serious trying to prove something as he was talking shit the game before. Was hilarious and the kid got clowned on for the rest of the game and then left the lobby

You get rep for that lol

absoulutely hilarious!

The "mute all" function has served me quite well over the years, but occasionally I've joined matches in progress and whatnot, and heard some extremely bigoted comments, had insults and threats directed at me, etc.. Mostly, it came off like edgy teens saying stuff they don't mean, just to get a rise out of people. I also had to block messages from non-friends, because hate mail was a common occurrence for me whenever I played multiplayer. People really don't like to lose, so they blame your "unfair/dirty" playstyle, accuse you of lagging or cheating, and so on. Nothing you do is ever legit enough for them.

• Like 2

Can't say it word for word but it involved someone shouting racist stuff and saying they will kill all his family and cut his head off. I also got sent some nasty messages saying they were gonna trace my ip and cut my head off. 

Reported everything, reply from Sony.... Thanks for the report but this doesn't violate our policy.

I remember getting banned for 2 weeks on an old account for calling someone a camper ?

My favourite one was on Cod Ghosts Extinction, 2 french guys shouting abuse at me saying stuff like errr low level English scum get out of this lobby.. they died about 20 times and i just kept laughing at them which angered them even more, also threw in a few teabags, i finished with 0 deaths lol. 

I don't play online much these days but when i do all Mics are muted. 

Edited by GUDGER666

My friend got a full PSN ban for having a George Carlin show on in the background. He said there was something about copyright law mentioned in the email. 

When doing the 3 player trophies for UC3, a Polish dude joined me and my friend every night to get them done. Every other word was a deep grufty “kurwa!” I have Polish friends IRL so when I asked them what it meant it just made me laugh every time the guy said it. 

The worst thing was on Killzone 2, you had dedicated squad chats, but also a proximity chat so you could talk to people on either team that were close by - this was fun during the lengthy bleedout time as you could run over, drop a few t-bags and give some shit over the mic to the guy who’d been pissing you off all game. However, whenever someone got out of the map and was shooting you from behind a wall and laughing his arse off doing it, that really pissed me off. 

I rarely put my mic on anymore, I got a temp ban to “reflect on my actions” for excessive swearing. ?‍♂️ I’m not risking my account over a few swears. 

17 minutes ago, czDante92 said:

The four horsemen of voice chat:
1) amateur DJ playing shittiest rap songs known to man from his phone speakers directly to the mic
2) Arthur Morgan coughing up his lungs for everyone to hear.
3) full family experience - mom yelling at the kid playing, dad shouting from the back, sister playing next to him, baby crying, dog barking, tv on full volume in the other room
4) "everyone is stupid but me" dudes, constantly complaining about teammates, despite themselves being in the lower half of leaderboards, bonus points for nasal voice or thick accent (not counting players actually carrying entire team)
insults and threats are just funny to me, sorry but someone telling me that he's going to track my IP is on the same level as Gorilla Warfare copypasta, you need to grow some thicker skin and either ignore or block the guy, reporting only turns multiplayer into ultra-politically correct hugbox

That's just hilarious.?

Have had my share of people blasting their stereo or having others closeby yelling constantly, but never somebody with one lung at 10% capacity or being actually threatened - so far.?

23 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

This guy who said he lived in the same city as me wanted to meet me to smash me up because i was smashing him up on bo2.

Some right nutters about but i kinda miss those days 1f605.png

Some serious issues right there.

I know for a fact that I would rather take a defeat online than the same and on top of that, a physical beating - like what the hell.?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

This guy who said he lived in the same city as me wanted to meet me to smash me up because i was smashing him up on bo2.

I received only one "threat" in my inbox about 5 years ago or so, after Blops 3 match, the usual "I'll track your IP and find out where you live yada yada", and since the guy was from my relatively small country, there was a tiny possibility of him being some sort of psycho who would actually do something, so I googled his username, went from one account with the username to another till I found one on the movie database site (similar to IMDB) where he had his facebook account linked, so I clicked on it and he actually almost did kill me, if dying of laughter counted.
Turned out that I, 6'4''/193 cm 25 year old guy was threatened by 16 year old kid who looked like a white version of Manny from Modern Family. I was this close to replying to him, calling him by his real name and asked about some recent stuff he posted about, but then I just let it be since the kid did not send anything else.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

I remember some guy years ago on Facebook saying he just got out of prison and wanted to slash me up because i told him to shut up and stop been racist. I looked on his profile and found out where he lived, i searched Google for some pics near him and sent him a message saying I'm here come meet me, he actually went, sent me a video message saying where are you. I was about 4000 miles away lmao. 

Edited by GUDGER666
And spelled as amd for the millionth time!
  • Like 2

Worst thing? Heard a kid getting physically disciplined during my Fortnite grinding. The excessive thuds and crying was... interesting. 

Funniest? Played a match of CoD WW2 zombies with a guy who was at a party or something. A lot of drunk singing after we finished each wave. 

• Like 1

Some guy being properly abusive in TLOU Factions. It's not uncommon behaviour in the community but he kept this up for the whole match and carried on until we got put into different lobbies. While funny, it did get kind of awkward after a while as it was directed only at me, and I'm only here to have fun. T_T

What made it weirder was that it all started because of his own stupid mistake at the start of the game, despite being a high level player - he'd ran off to a supply box on his own and immediately got downed. I was the only other member of our team who'd gone over to try and help him out and it's one of the few MP games I'm actually good at, but the whole enemy team was there (our 2 teammates had ignored the situation and were off opening boxes on the other side of the map) so I retreated, otherwise I'd have just set us back even further. So from that point I listened to about 30 minutes of him spitting feathers and telling me how much I sucked. The match finished with me at the top and him and the bottom of the LB too, and I hadn't even been playing that well because of how distracting he was.

-------------------------------------------------------

I know this isn't what OP asked but I can't finish without also sharing the funniest message I've ever received, back when I was hosting a private BF3 session. (edit because I forgot to give the context): I couldn't figure out how to put a password lock on the lobby so this guy kept coming in and interrupting the session, and after booting him a few times I eventually had to ban him):

5e97ea.jpg

Edited by Charizarzar
  • Like 2

Honestly ever since CoD stopped forcing game chat I haven’t really heard anything bad in that case I’ll give a little anecdote from someone from the PlayStation/trophy hunting/PSNP community it goes like this, “ It would help if the clowns in charge of the UK wouldn’t allow mass immigration of Muslims into your homeland”.

” Then they turn around and scream violation of rights when they are imposing immediate action, which sounds like a threat of violence more than anything else”.

The mods here just nuked the thread and the user had no action taken against him a quote from someone with over 10K posts here and loves to complain about how Sony moving to California ruined PlayStation among other things, it takes a lot to get to me and this right here made my blood boil.

Edited by SzzMN
  • Like 1