What is the worst thing you've ever heard over the mic?

modest_undue1

Heavily breathing, crying babies, some dude that was swearing and his mom told him not to talk like that ?

People who don't talk in general but listen to music in the background: MUTE YOURSELF, thank you. 

The funniest thing was when a dude didn't know I spoke his language and he was calling his drug dealer ? A lot of details were spread. Cringy AF. 

1 hour ago, Charizarzar said:

Some guy being properly abusive in TLOU Factions. It's not uncommon behaviour in the community but he kept this up for the whole match and carried on until we got put into different lobbies. While funny, it did get kind of awkward after a while as it was directed only at me, and I'm only here to have fun. T_T

What made it weirder was that it all started because of his own stupid mistake at the start of the game, despite being a high level player - he'd ran off to a supply box on his own and immediately got downed. I was the only other member of our team who'd gone over to try and help him out and it's one of the few MP games I'm actually good at, but the whole enemy team was there (our 2 teammates had ignored the situation and were off opening boxes on the other side of the map) so I retreated, otherwise I'd have just set us back even further. So from that point I listened to about 30 minutes of him spitting feathers and telling me how much I sucked. The match finished with me at the top and him and the bottom of the LB too, and I hadn't even been playing that well because of how distracting he was.

-------------------------------------------------------

I know this isn't what OP asked but I can't finish without also sharing the funniest message I've ever received, back when I was hosting a private BF3 session:

5e97ea.jpg

WingsofRedemption vibes

• Like 1

It wasn't the worst, but interesting and a bit sad.

Me and my 2 cousins wanted to do the 3 Ghost of Tsushima raids in one sitting and found another guy in a discord willing to join (you need 4 players). During the game his girlfriend/wife asked multiple times if he was almost done and how long it would take. "I'm almost ready!". While their baby was crying in the background you could feel trough the mic that his SO wanted him to stop playing. 7(!) hours later we completed the raids, he was still with us. We had a great time and it took us way longer than it should, sometimes because we were just messing around. This dude was totally fine and didn't ever mention that we needed to hurry or that he had to leave. He never put down the controller or muted to manage his household situation.

He didn't do trophy hunting, just wanted to do the raids once. I'm glad he was in our group, but sometimes I still think about this.

• Like 1

Anything after the cod mw2 days has been tame. Nothing compares to being forced to get into screaming arguments or having to take off your headset until the next match when you can talk to friends again. My mum has never been ran through more than when I was in mw2 lobbies. Being able to mute is a damn privilege people take for granted 

Men playing while their wife struggle with their kids. I´m a parent myself, I know the feeling of wanting to play more than ever, but parental duties come first. I cringe so hard when I can hear mothers struggling with their kids while the father just sits there playing. If you do this, believe me, your partner needs your help in some shape or for. The time for gaming will come eventually.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, youngcardinals- said:

I used to get a fair amount of abuse when playing ranked Overwatch when it was new. I won't repeat here, but plenty of it about what they'd do to me as I'm female. 

I quickly dropped attempting to play ranked and keep my mic muted these days. 

Just a friendly advice: some of the most helpful and nicest people I've met online is by happenstance via the mic.

By all means, play it safe and keep your guard up, but trust me, there's also plenty of very descent gamers out there as well.?

Probably the funniest for me was when I joined a Modern Warfare 2 lobby and there was an argument already in progress where one guy was just yelling at another guy and saying things like "Fuck you, fuck your wife, I hope she dies in a car crash" and he just kept going on and I remember howling with laughter but I didn't get to hear the rest of whatever he said because we got put on opposite teams.

The worst is the usual stuff like crying babies or people playing music so loud that it just sounds like someone shuffling trashbags into the mic. I just assume people that do the latter do it on purpose as a form of psychological warfare because they know it will annoy people that don't mute them. If you're really unlucky you will get a singing child that is just screaming lyrics.

• Like 1

I think the most toxic experience I’ve ever had was a meth head going off his old man rocker for over two hours straight, to the point he was audibly frothing at the mouth. I was laughing my arse off and winding him up some, one of my mates was loving the drama and starting inviting all of our other friends. In the end the party was full which was annoying because this putrid excuse for a human obviously loved the attention. Toward the hour mark of abuse, his voice even started trailing off and breaking but it didn’t stop him lol. There’s a meme periodically sent around in our friend circle with a picture of the guy in the background and all the shit he said to me covering his face. It’s pretty good. Sometimes we threaten newcomers to our friend circle, saying we’ll let him loose on ya. It works.

The creepiest experience was with a man named Michael. I got used to him sending me text messages instead of chatting with voice. I’d sit in a party with him and voice chat and he would respond with text messages. He mentioned he didn’t have a mic on multiple occasions so I left it alone, but this finally pissed my mate off one day. My mate started questioning him as to why he couldn’t just go and buy a $5 mic at Kmart. About 10 mins later we started hearing Metallica being played with a guitar in the background. I looked at the mics in the party and lo and behold Michael did have a mic. We started questioning him about it but he just sent one message saying “Should I speak?” and we said YES! He never did and continued playing his guitar. It gave my mate and I goosebumps haha.

The most uncomfortable experience was a double whammy. The first part happened with a guy who was absolutely plastered. He kept cracking onto me and it was funny at first. Then he started saying some weird shit. I’ll never forget when he said “I want to drink your period blood”. That was it, my mate and the other dude Kevin who was in the party lost the plot. They were hammering into this guy and he was booted in the end. We’re sitting in the party trying to get over the shock. Kevin goes afk so my mate and I changed the conversation to something more personal - Kevin returns and sits there in silence listening to us talking about how my mate’s young cousin was diagnosed with cancer. Kevin all of a sudden flips the table and started calling bullshit on the story. Dude went from 0-100 in no time and we were like “are you alright dude??” It’s like some switch went off on his head and he was a goner lmao. Probably the fastest consecutive blocks I’ve ever done online.

The two most annoying individuals were by far a kid whose balls haven’t dropped yet. He kept calling my name one day. I once dared to ignore him because I was trying to concentrate. Calling my name progressively turned into my name being moaned louder and louder until his dad comes in yelling at him “What are you doing, who are you talking to?? You’re embarrassing yourself!” He responds all casually “It’s my friend Emma”. I’m a piece of meat to these boys.

Another is a 19 year old chick who kept making vomiting sounds because she’d apparently had lap band surgery recently. If she wasn’t vomiting, she was yelling at her husband not to touch her private parts or to make her a sandwich. This woman never went on mute, basically. There was one time in particular that really disturbed all of us and I just don’t feel like repeating it. I’m trying to forget it ?

I think the best text messages were from people on PS3 GTAV. I kept getting called a pussy by some guy so I responded with “Yes I have one, and…?” And when I boosted Battlefield Hardline. They would message me because I was the owner of the server, so every time a rando got kicked I’d get a hate text even if I weren’t in the lobby. One time some guy called me a cocksucker and I didn’t know how to respond other than “You don’t know how true that is!” But they never respond back. Good jokes gone to waste.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sikutai said:

I hope you called the police immediately.

Nobody likes a narc :) 

For me it's probably a tie between a literal endless stream of N-bombs in Grand Theft Auto...

... or that one guy in Fall Guys who would unmute himself, loudly burp directly into his microphone, go back on mute, and swear he wasn't doing it, it was some kind of Discord bug. Sure buddy.

Edited by PhyrxianLibrarin

Playing GTA, I once heard a guy ask another guy why he wasn’t at the cinema that night as he’d originally said he would be. Only to hear a disturbing story in response about how this guy’s consensual sex session with a visiting long-distance girlfriend had basically turned into him anally raping her (this guy being oblivious to any wrongdoing) and left confused/aggrieved when she changed their plans and politely made her excuses and left the next day.

Edited by Tsundokuist

Playing black ops 4 blackout on release and a random team mate blasting shitty rap music in the background, i dropped in next to him and murdered him causing him to back out and leave

public service announcement : dont have noise pollution in the background mic’d up in a team game

side note : playing black ops zombies back in the day listening to another random team mate vent to another team mateabout how he bought a girl a pair of shoes to be broken up with that same day was kinda funny

Edited by Property_Damage

Do you guys ever hear good stuff when playing with random people? Like an actual conversation? I didn't play many games with voice chat, but whenever I had to for trophies, it was either a guy sounding like he's got an advanced lung cancer (so not really speaking) or the "let's hear your mom yell at you, your little sister crying and you muffling curse words just quietly enough so they won't hear" guy. 

2 hours ago, the1andonly654 said:

Do you guys ever hear good stuff when playing with random people? Like an actual conversation? I didn't play many games with voice chat, but whenever I had to for trophies, it was either a guy sounding like he's got an advanced lung cancer (so not really speaking) or the "let's hear your mom yell at you, your little sister crying and you muffling curse words just quietly enough so they won't hear" guy. 

Last year I was playing with randoms on Dead Island (I never boost on these games) so I got the trophy for being all 4 characters in one session as a fluke.

I had my mic off, I joined a game and two guys from Europe, probably Switzerland or somewhere around there, two guys are just chatting away, clearly coop buddies. So I am just in the game listening to them chatting in English, they say hello to me and I jump in the car with them. At one point one of the guys says "I wonder if this guy can hear us", so he says "If you can hear jump on the spot" so I did and they are laughing (they must be in their 20s or 30s)

Then this other "guy" joins and then the trophy pops. This one

Originality
Play in a co-op team of 4 different playable characters.

So naturally I'm probably thinking of leaving the game and continue going for

People Person
Play with 10 different co-op partners for at least 15 minutes each.

But this guy is on his mic too and must have been about 6 or 7 years old and runs over to the 3 of us and he's so excited "You guys, come over here and check this out", it was very cute and funny and the other two guys are humouring him too so we all go over and follow him, he's like "HURRY UP YOU'RE SO SLOW", and the other guys are like "Ok, just coming, hold up", he's giving them tips on how to play to game, like pretty much useless info, and they are like being mostly kind "Yeah thanks, but we know, we have completed this game before" and then he jumps screams and says "OMG can you let me drive I am good at driving". So all of us get into the jeep and I'm in the passenger seat and he's driving around the place like crazy crashing through trees and flying off the road, and at one point he overturns the car and we have to get out but luckily there is another jeep nearby so we all ride that, this time I'm on the back so I can shoot at zombies as we frantically fly down the road back to the lighthouse.

I'm just laughing so hard and happily racking up my "15 minutes each" for three people.

Then at some point we can hear his mum in the background saying it's time for him to go to bed. And eventually he's like "Sorry guys I have to go to bed my mum won't let me play anymore", he seemed oblivious to the fact we could hear the mic throughout his entire room.

Anyway so after he left the game I left the session too, I messaged the guys later in PSN PM and they said that apparently he was in their game earlier and he rejoined and back for more fun, and they were also laughing too.

I've always done the trophies on Dead Island and Little Big Planet games legit because hearing the crazy shit that people say can be just as fun the game, certainly more fun than boosting the trophies anyway at least in some games.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

I met two people playing battlefield 4 mp they were clearly high, they wouldn't stop making fun of my danish accent while i was speaking english. They were having a great time at my expense so I left the chat and blocked them both. Grow the fuck up.

one time my friend was yelling so loud at dying in battlefield his mic shorted in mid sentence and his voice sounded like a malfunctioning robot for 2 or 3 seconds then switched back. i thought for sure i was john connor and he was the terminator at that point lol

other then that, smoke detectors that need new batteries. chirp

8 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

I met two people playing battlefield 4 mp they were clearly high, they wouldn't stop making fun of my danish accent while i was speaking english. They were having a great time at my expense so I left the chat and blocked them both. Grow the fuck up.

lol im sorry but me and my friend did this EXACT same thing to our australian friend. back when i was a pothead. we kept talking australian. and he kept saying stop it i know what your doing. we eventually made him so mad he told us this detailed specific plan how he was going to bury our bodies. and we stopped lol.

3 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

one time my friend was yelling so loud at dying in battlefield his mic shorted in mid sentence and his voice sounded like a malfunctioning robot for 2 or 3 seconds then switched back. i thought for sure i was john connor and he was the terminator at that point lol

other then that, smoke detectors that need new batteries. chirp

lol im sorry but me and my friend did this EXACT same thing to our australian friend. back when i was a pothead. we kept talking australian. and he kept saying stop it i know what your doing. we eventually made him so mad he told us this detailed specific plan how he was going to bury our bodies. and we stopped lol.

Wouldn't it be funny if you had to learn danish?