200th platinum suggestions

anduran4

After 11 years of consistently and regularly hunting trophies, I'm finally closing in on 200 platinums. I'm looking for suggestions and any input as to which game should be my 200th platinum. These are my milestone platinums so far:

• 1 - Assassin's Creed II
  • 10 - God of War - Ghost of Sparta
  • 20 - Red Dead Redemption 
  • 30 - Prince of Persia - the Sands of Time
  • 40 - The Last of Us Remastered 
  • 50 - Arkham Knight
  • 75 - Bioshock Infinite
  • 100 - Resident Evil
  • 125 - Dead Island
  • 150 - Grand Theft Auto V
  • 175 - Uncharted 4

I was thinking about RDR 2 as my 200th platinum but I was recently looking at DrBloodmoney's rankings and saw he had Hitman 3 as his number one game.  I love the Hitman games and don't have one as a milestone so now I'm leaning that way.  These are some of the games I'm considering:

• Hitman 3
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Metal Gear Solid V
  • Silent Hill 2
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Skyrim
  • Death Stranding
  • Fallout 3

Please let me know if anyone has any other suggestions. I mostly play third person action or stealth games and I suck at FPS Call of Duty type games. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Finally, 200 platinums!!

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Lucy Kushinada said:

You should do Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus. :)

That's a really good suggestion, I do like the Wolfenstein games. However, I'm fairly certain I don't have the skills to get Mein leben. Most of my rarer trophies are obtained through stubborn persistence not skill lol.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, anduran4 said:

After 11 years of consistently and regularly hunting trophies, I'm finally closing in on 200 platinums. I'm looking for suggestions and any input as to which game should be my 200th platinum. These are my milestone platinums so far:

• 1 - Assassin's Creed II
  • 10 - God of War - Ghost of Sparta
  • 20 - Red Dead Redemption 
  • 30 - Prince of Persia - the Sands of Time
  • 40 - The Last of Us Remastered 
  • 50 - Arkham Knight
  • 75 - Bioshock Infinite
  • 100 - Resident Evil
  • 125 - Dead Island
  • 150 - Grand Theft Auto V
  • 175 - Uncharted 4

I was thinking about RDR 2 as my 200th platinum but I was recently looking at DrBloodmoney's rankings and saw he had Hitman 3 as his number one game.  I love the Hitman games and don't have one as a milestone so now I'm leaning that way.  These are some of the games I'm considering:

• Hitman 3
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Metal Gear Solid V
  • Silent Hill 2
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Skyrim
  • Death Stranding
  • Fallout 3

Please let me know if anyone has any other suggestions. I mostly play third person action or stealth games and I suck at FPS Call of Duty type games. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Finally, 200 platinums!!

Well as you've got such an amazing list - I'd rather recommend something else to focus on rather than the 200th Platinum, and that is to finish up the very small backlog you have of 9 unfinished/uncompleted games and get that 100% account completion, and then make one of them your 200th Plat along the way, rather than beginning a new game to have to tackle, making the backlog bigger; probably God of War II (VITA) going with the theme of twos, II, 200- if you get what I'm saying.

Edit: I guess disregard the above advice - there's 12 hidden Trophies on your account, so my 100% advice is pretty moot.

Edited by J-S_93

You should play a game that you like and love, something that you deem worthy to be the 200th platinum. 

I have reached 200 platinum two weeks ago and I choose Final Fantasy XV for that, because I love the series since the days of ps1'FF 7 and the series never dissapointed me. 

So my suggestion is to pick a game that you love, no matter if is a triple A or a indie game, without giving much thought, just follow your heart. ?

• Like 2

It seems like almost everyone I know from the old days, their first platinum is either Assassin's Creed II or Resident Evil 5.

My 200th a few months ago was Streets Of Rage 4, where I got 100% on the DLC before the platinum.

(100th was Final Fantasy VII, completed on New Year's day and my 7777th trophy )

When you mention Silent Hill 2 do you mean the PS3 version? You're in for a tough challenge with that one I think getting a 10 star rank with all the issues the game has with random crashing.

23 minutes ago, J-S_93 said:

Well as you've got such an amazing list - I'd rather recommend something else to focus on rather than the 200th Platinum, and that is to finish up the very small backlog you have of 9 unfinished/uncompleted games and get that 100% account completion, and then make one of them your 200th Plat along the way, rather than beginning a new game to have to tackle, making the backlog bigger; probably God of War II (VITA) going with the theme of twos, II, 200- if you get what I'm saying.

Edit: I guess disregard the above advice - there's 12 hidden Trophies on your account, so my 100% advice is pretty moot.

I do need to finish those up, I actually just dusted off Arkham Knight to finish up the community challenge trophies. My save file keeps getting corrupted for GOW 2 and I've had to start over numerous times.  Sadly, I can never get 100%. I played a couple of games before I really started trophy hunting that have unobtainable trophies. I should probably unhide those trophies though, damn you Spartacus Legends!

It's your decision, in my case I chose Quake since it was one of the games I played a lot back in the last years of the 90s and it has one special place in my gaming heart. I originally planned to have it as my 150th platinum milestone but a last year's November update made one trophy unobtainable, fortunately it's fixed now. In the end I prefer to have Quake platinum as my 200th plat milestone instead of 150th one. 

9 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

It seems like almost everyone I know from the old days, their first platinum is either Assassin's Creed II or Resident Evil 5.

My 200th a few months ago was Streets Of Rage 4, where I got 100% on the DLC before the platinum.

(100th was Final Fantasy VII, completed on New Year's day and my 7777th trophy )

When you mention Silent Hill 2 do you mean the PS3 version? You're in for a tough challenge with that one I think getting a 10 star rank with all the issues the game has with random crashing.

Yeah the PS3 version, it's been in my backlog for years. I don't like the sound of the ransom crashing though, maybe I should just wait for the remake lol. I used to love playing Streets of Rage back in the day on the Megadrive, those were some great games.

5 minutes ago, anduran4 said:

Yeah the PS3 version, it's been in my backlog for years. I don't like the sound of the ransom crashing though, maybe I should just wait for the remake lol. I used to love playing Streets of Rage back in the day on the Megadrive, those were some great games.

There is a trophy for completing the game on 10 stars, which I can assure you, while not impossible, you'll gonna have to train yourself to be good at various parts of the game, and especially the annoying boat race. And you need to complete the game with a high ranking while only saving twice.

Cos you're probably hate getting your 200th platinum on this game. I gave it one attempt back in the day and didn't even enough kills and I was already at the hotel and had screwed my game, and just gave up because like, I just don't have the time to get good at games in middle age, and when the game just randomly crashes it is so infuriating.

Have a quick read of a guide and see if it's for you, but I wouldn't risk it, make your 200th a fun/decent one, not a headache.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/140219-silent-hill-2-hd-10-star-walkthrough-with-videos/

Edited by enaysoft

1 hour ago, ARIXANDRE said:

Your taste in triple A games for milestones is similar to mine. 

RDR 2 would be perfect  (2 for 200th) but just be aware that it's a long game. 

Good luck and congrats!

Thanks!! 499 plats with a rarity under 40%? That's impressive! What's the plan for number 500?

45 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

There is a trophy for completing the game on 10 stars, which I can assure you, while not impossible, you'll gonna have to train yourself to be good at various parts of the game, and especially the annoying boat race. And you need to complete the game with a high ranking while only saving twice.

Cos you're probably hate getting your 200th platinum on this game. I gave it one attempt back in the day and didn't even enough kills and I was already at the hotel and had screwed my game, and just gave up because like, I just don't have the time to get good at games in middle age, and when the game just randomly crashes it is so infuriating.

Have a quick read of a guide and see if it's for you, but I wouldn't risk it, make your 200th a fun/decent one, not a headache.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/140219-silent-hill-2-hd-10-star-walkthrough-with-videos/

I think you're right, that does sound like a headache. I think I'll leave it in the backlog for now lol.  Thanks for your help!

40 minutes ago, Colin_Raleigh said:

my 100th platinum was One Night Stand

I made One Night Stand my 69th platinum lol.

I vote Red Dead 2 or Hitman 3, both are awesome and worthy of your 200th spot. You got a bunch of good game to choose from though, if  not those 2 then Fallout 3 or Skyrim for sure. ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anduran4 said:

however, I'm fairly certain I don't have the skills to get Mein leben

it's not as hard as it used to be since there's helpful tips on how to avoid or even skip some of the nastier areas but it's still hard as nails to get through it without dying and having to restart it. on topic if i had to choose from that list i'd say fallout 3 or skyrim. enjoyed both. would avoid new colossus for the milestone.

Edited by Lordguwa