Fallout 4 coming to PS5 (update: April 25th 2024)

Larzz

1 hour ago, Cleggworth said:

Hmmm, my first thought is update sounds like a patch but then nobody would ever describe a patch as free so who knows ?‍♂️

Their comms around the Skyrim Anniversary Edition were equally vague as well so good job Bethesda ? 

Cryptic marketing ploy to generate buzz who knows

Games been in my backlog since its launch

In my humble opinion, Fallout 4 sucks ass. I finally went back to 100% the DLC's almost a year ago now and all its flaws were even more evident than they were when I played it around launch. Suffice it to say, but playing this turd again at a higher resolution/frame rate doesn't interest me. I would have been all over remasters of Fallout 3/New Vegas though. Bethesda is just a really frustrating company because they keep re-releasing Skyrim and now this instead of going back to the older games in Elder Scrolls/Fallout series that actually need a touch up. 

• Like 1

Much as I loved 3 and New Vegas, I never warmed to 4 all that much. 60 fps has redeemed quite a few games in my eyes so hopefully more studios continue to follow suit. Still hoping for updates for more Assassin’s Creed games, Far Cry 3- 5 and the Dishonored series. Probably won’t happen if Sony doesn’t implement an FPS boost feature like what Xbox Series has, one of the few things Xbox does better.

I enjoyed Fallout 4 more than most so this is a welcome surprise. Though maybe not that surprising after all the Skyrim remake versions.

I never played any other Fallout game (by the time I heard of them they likely would have "bricked" my dying PS3) so I can't say if I would have enjoyed them better.

War Never Changes... and hopefully... Platinum Never Changes!

1 hour ago, the1andonly654 said:

Surprising but welcome imo. Fallout 4 seems a bit underrated to me, I liked it a lot actually. I've recently been replaying some games that I already know and like and another F4 trophy list makes me consider replaying it. 

It's the best Fallout game IMO and improves on its predecessors in every way. 

People really enjoyed it at release and then soured on it as the years went by.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kiwicrash said:

I hope I can just platinum it again without auto pop. I enjoyed playing fallout 4 and need a game to hold me over till something decent comes out

If it does have autopop, then I would guess you would just need to start a new game in order to plat it again.

Well, no need to even not want autopop. Just start a completely new save and you have what you desire. 

9 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

If it does have autopop, then I would guess you would just need to start a new game in order to plat it again.

Well, no need to even not want autopop. Just start a completely new save and you have what you desire. 

People always say this and my counter is that there's loads of games we probably want to replay but there's just not enough time. Therefore, a game with an autopop feature gets knocked down the priority list whereas being forced to get a plat from scratch provides that extra incentive. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

People always say this and my counter is that there's loads of games we probably want to replay but there's just not enough time. Therefore, a game with an autopop feature gets knocked down the priority list whereas being forced to get a plat from scratch provides that extra incentive. 

So basically it is about either having personal discipline or forcing everyone to be in the same boat. What I said is still true. If they want to play the game and earn trophes all over again, then start a new save. This isn't "people always say". This is just how it works.

idk what everyone says or does. If a game has autopop and I want to play it again, then I just play it again from the beginning. If I don't want to play but I want the trophies then I autopop and move on. Hmmm yeah....whatever group you want to talk about is fine but don't lump me in anything. 

Edited by TJ_Solo

4 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

What. The. Hell.

Even doing that seems tedious as hell. 

Oh, it was! 

4 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

So basically it is about either having personal discipline or forcing everyone to be in the same boat. What I said is still true. If they want to play the game and earn trophes all over again, then start a new save. This isn't "people always say". This is just how it works.

idk what everyone says or does. If a game has autopop and I want to play it again, then I just play it again from the beginning. If I don't want to play but I want the trophies then I autopop and move on. Hmmm yeah....whatever group you want to talk about is fine but don't lump me in anything. 

I understand where you're coming from and I wasn't trying to lump you in a group. Your opinion is one shared by many and it does make sense on the surface. But my point is, at least for me personally, it isn't as simple as , "if you truly want to replay it; just start a new save to avoid autopop."

If you have lots of games you want to replay but not enough time in between that and new games you want to play and, oh, life, then a replay of a game you can also get trophies in again is a way to kill two birds with one stone. That way you won't tumble down the leaderboard and you get an excuse to fully replay a game you like. 

And playing devil's advocate here but it could be argued that, "personal discipline" is getting the trophies all over again legit rather than a cheap autopop...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2022 at 4:22 PM, Undead Wolf said:

In my humble opinion, Fallout 4 sucks ass. I finally went back to 100% the DLC's almost a year ago now and all its flaws were even more evident than they were when I played it around launch. Suffice it to say, but playing this turd again at a higher resolution/frame rate doesn't interest me. I would have been all over remasters of Fallout 3/New Vegas though. Bethesda is just a really frustrating company because they keep re-releasing Skyrim and now this instead of going back to the older games in Elder Scrolls/Fallout series that actually need a touch up. 

I can't imagine most of the bugs that I noticed most will be fixed next year either. I went back to get 100% on the DLCs several years ago and was stunned to see the third person aiming still as broken and inconsistent as it was on release. I'm sure it'll still be the case with this PS5 version. 

• Like 2

On 10/24/2022 at 11:14 AM, The Alchemist said:

Nice! One of my favourite games of last gen, loved every minute of it. Regardless of auto-pop or not, I'll still be playing through this again.

Hopefully we get new gen versions of 3 and NV next. I've never played either game, because their notorious technical and performance issues kept putting me off, but I'd love to give them a go some day. 

Don't do yourself the disservice of not playing these games! Performance issues aside, they are masterpieces, especially if you loved FO4

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...