trouble adding funds to wallet

JackBoug

I was trying to download the new call of duty onslaught dlc but on my ps3 and ps4 it says i can't add funds to my wallet, the card details are correct as I have used them before on both my ps3 and ps4. Is anyone getting this problem and know how to fix it?

I've had that happen before. I erased the card details from the system and the re-entered the same card information and it worked fine. I also believe you can add funds via PayPal now (from an internet browser) so that may be something you can look into as well. 

Parker

I've had that happen before. I erased the card details from the system and the re-entered the same card information and it worked fine. I also believe you can add funds via PayPal now (from an internet browser) so that may be something you can look into as well. 

Parker

Would you be so kind to provide a link? I've been searching for this

I've got the same problem from time to time. Erasing your card info like Parker said helps or just exit the store and restart your PS3 also sometimes solves the problem. Keeps comming back, so no permanent solution I'm afraid .... 

Parker

You can use a PS3 to add funds to your PSN wallet, then use those funds on PS3, PS4 or Vita. I don't think there's a direct option for PayPal on the PS4.

Using the PS3, I added some items to the cart to be able to transfer funds via PayPal. Once the funds were added to the wallet, I deleted the cart items and spent the dough on the PS4 instead.

Or just do that, though it requires a PC / Mac to access. The other method is via the US PS Store on PS3.

Edited by ant1th3s1s

Thanks for the link, apparently you can't top up EU accounts with Paypal so that's why I couldn't find it.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Support/PayPal-can-now-be-used-to-add-funds-to-your-PlayStation-Wallet/td-p/17255384

That is an EU link and it says it is possible. It has to be done from a web browser though so you won't be able to do it from your console. 

Parker